Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:33:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Artist painting mod request.. (may not be possible but would like to know)  (Read 2309 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
UOAbigal

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:06:03 am »

Greetings.

Short intro:

I have been lurking here and there for over a year now, thoroughly enjoying the CC community creations in both my Sims2 and Sims3 games.   I thank each creator and contributor respectively for their hard work.

Now the request:

I am not sure if it is possible, but I would love to see a mod created that would eliminate the 'artistic' effects when a painter paints a still life image or a portrait image.  The artistic effects are simply annoying and to me are a waste of the artists time when you attempt to paint a family portrait only to get some weird pixelated mishmosh that you have to zoom the camera out 600 yards to even have any idea what the subject was.

If such a mod exists, a link to the site hosting such a mod would be appreciated.
If no such mod exists, I respectfully ask that a talented modder look into the possibility of making one... or divulging to this thread the information I (or others) would need to make such a mod ourselves.  (I have never modded for Sims games.. only for Neverwinter Nights.. but thats not important here.)

Thank you for considering this request.

Peace
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:30:17 am »

Have you checked the mods on this site, at MATY, MTS or Simbology as requested in the sticky for this section? If not, then that's what I would suggest you do first.

If you are looking for a mod, please take a look at the existing mods already made for the game. Mod the Sims, Simbology, MATY, this site and many others already have a lot of mods. There are so many different mods that do the same thing, so chances are what you want to have done has already been done. Check the sites I listed here first before posting here to request any mod, please.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
UOAbigal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:51 am »

Greetings.

I have been following MATY, IS, ISA, MTS, SXS2, PMBD, Toolregame, etc., for several months now on an almost daily basis looking for mods, CC, et al.  and thus far have come up empty-handed in regards to this specific mod.

I am not sure this kind of mod is even possible, as the effects on the paintings may be hard-coded into the game itself and not be moddable without altering the game itself, which woulod be far beyond my ability.

I do thank you for your response, however.

Peace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: