Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:48:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Paper boy/girl request for Sims 2  (Read 15481 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Monk420

FEAR ME FOR I SHALL RULE MY SIMS!

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:11:45 am »

Hello great modders of this thread! Any way i just wanted to ask if some one could make a mod that allows only a paper boy or girl to deliver the morning news papers. It would be a great mod for stories, also i have all EPs and SPs except for holiday,glamor life stuff, and family fun stuff. If some one makes this mod i would be extremly thankful! Grin

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:54:47 am »

I thought the newspaper boy or girl can already deliver the morning newspapers.

Can you give more details exactly how you want the newspaper boy or girl to do their job? Like did you want a certain time for them to show up? Or charge your Sims for the newspapers?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:13:35 am »

I'm thinking he was asking for a mod that can make a playable sim into the paper boy/girl. But I'm not sure, more details would be nice.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:11:09 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:16:54 am »

We'll wait for the OP to post more info first.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Monk420

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 03:09:24 pm »

Ok to clarrify first Carlwashere I am a guy,  Lips Sealed and second, i'm sorry for not explaining myself more. But what i want is a mod were only boy or only a girl delivers the paper, if it is possible.

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 03:52:56 pm »

I've never had anyone other than a boy or girl deliver papers in my game, so a mod to make boys or girls deliver papers really wouldn't change anything. What you said really doesn't clarify what you want, it just restates what you typed in your first post.

Who's delivering papers in your game?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:17:37 pm »

Sorry about that, I fixed it.  Grin
Are you asking for a mod to make only girls or only guys drop off the paper?
Are you asking for only one gender to deliver papers?
That's what it looks like

I need more freetime.
Monk420

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:49 pm »

Exactly what Carlwashere said, only want one gender to deliver the paper.

Simsforever

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »

Like in the sims 1.  There was only the paper girl and she used to hum that little song as she went by, I miss that Grin
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 06:10:17 am »

You can always send the newspaper boy or girl to Uni if you only want a specific gender. Send them until you get the gender you want.

Dancing Squirrels
Monk420

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 05:15:46 pm »

I have tried. I have killed them, moved them in a family moved them out, a university, but the same gender comes back untill i have like 4-7 graves of paper boys or girls in my yard, or families with paper boys or girls filling up my sim bins.

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »

You could spawn a ton of paper people of the gender you want with the townie and NPC maker so the game has more than enough of them. Then kill off the rest of the gender you don't want. I've never tried that myself, but I do create a ton of townies and NPCs.

I'm pretty sure if you create enough paper people of the gender you want, it'll offset the ones that "disappear".  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
Monk420

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:39 am »

So your saying spawn townies of the gender i want? I did not no i could do that....

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 07:48:14 am »

Yup, I love doing that. Turn on testingcheats, and go to the spawn menu. Look for NPC & Townie Maker. Spawn it, and here you can turn off testing cheats. You can set the gender, age, and skintone. It can only select Maxis skintones, just so you know. So I'm guessing you want teenager, female, and random. Then one of the options should be spawn paper delivery or something to that degree. It has a bit of a loading time while its making townies, so just be a bit patient. After a short time, a new townie will appear. Go back to the NPC maker and you can choose to keep or kill the townie, he/she should be dressed up with the paper person outfit. When you select to keep the townie, he/she will just disappear into the neighborhood, and should be a working NPC now. If you want, you can even invite them over and change stuff about them. I also suggest a set of CAS face replacements if you haven't gotten some already, so the spawned townies look more normal.  tongue

More info about the NPC & Townie Maker, you can change the townies outfits without having to move them in, or even other family members if you too lazy to wait for the clothing store to load. It only works with full outfits, so you can't choose separates. Still handy nonetheless. You can also spawn any other type of townies, that includes Apartment Life townies, or Freetime Hobbyists. Heck, if you wanted more and different school kids to come home, just set the age to child or teenager and go on a spawning field day!
I really like the NPC & Townie maker, can you tell?  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:22:06 pm »

Actually, in order to access the spawn menu, you need to shift+click on the mailbox and go through the menu until you find the NPC townie maker, and depending on what EP you have, you will either have a dead tree or a ray gun type object spawned by the mailbox. Make sure you enable boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in the command window.

That is one way to spawn newspaper boys and girls, BUT the game will only use one of them regardless. To get only the one you want, send all of the newspaper boys and girls to Uni and then spawn your own newspaper boy or girl. The new NPC should appear the next day to deliver the newspaper.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: