Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:12:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Attraction Traits - Sims 2  (Read 11985 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ruby

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:30:40 pm »

Has anyone given any thought to some new attraction traits?  I mean, brown hair, glasses, hats - these are just boring.  How about attraction traits for sims having money/wealth, interests in computers/technology, someone who likes books/reading, a sims that has a college degree/or is a business owner, the paranormal, or even someone with criminal tendencies?  How about one for skintone? You could do light, medium, dark, or custom? Kind of like the hairs.  Or even for someone that likes to dance or is a good dancer?  There is always the attraction for some one interested in having children, or a LOT of children.  It seems like this is an area that has been overlooked, or maybe it is just to difficult because I have search a lot of sites and have only found one attraction trait download, and it is, well, more for ADULTS.  What do you think?   Undecided
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »

I don't know what EPs you have (when requesting mods it's always recommended you list the EPs/SPs you have), but with later EPs more attraction traits were added. I can't list them all off the top of my head, but there's hard working, unemployed, creative, good cook, good cleaner, vampires, werewolves, zombies, plant sims, robots, etc.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ruby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:26:07 pm »

I have all EP's, sorry, I should have mentioned that.  I have all of those you listed, good cook, werewolves, plantsims, etc.  I just think it would be nice to have more of a selection.  Or maybe some more realistic choices. 
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:32:05 pm »

It's my understanding that several very talented modders have attempted this, but due to the way EA has the Trait system coded, it's not possible to be modded.  People have been asking for this and looking into since NL was released.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:40:49 am »

Only one person successfully modded a trait or two, and he said modding parts of the trait system was not easy at all. I think it took him a long time to figure out the trait system. What we know is that custom hair never worked as a trait. Several traits marked the Sims with the wrong traits like jewelery and lycanthropy being set incorrectly on Sims who wear jewelery or glasses or both and is a werewolf.

No, it is not possible to come up with completely new traits to allow Sims to be attracted to those who read books because books don't give anything but skills for example. It has to be something that the Sims could be marked with trait-wise like being a vampire, a zombie or something.

There is one hidden trait that I never seen come into play, and that's the tattoo trait that wasn't used for anything. I think at one time Maxis had plans for using tattoos as traits but scrapped them at the last minute.

Anyway, in short, there is no realistic way to mod the traits to give Sims completely new traits.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
ruby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:21:15 am »

I did get a hold of a change that fixes the custom hair issue you mentioned, and actually will replace it with a trait for alienism using the default alien skin.  At http://thesporum.net/smf/, see Tuna's Tweaks found under Hacks.  Thanks guys - I appreciate the help.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: