Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:01:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Taken For Granted (Chapter 3 up! 1/12)  (Read 20019 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2009, 05:55:42 pm »

So I finally got this done. The writing was sitting on my computer for a while now, but it wasn't until last week a felt a push to finish it. Luckily for me, I started working on it right before having 2 days off. I've had Tuesday and Wednesday off for a teacher workday and Veteran's Day. At the end of Veteran's day, I was only about 1/4 through the story pictures after setting up the house for pictures and stuff. Luckily for me, some convenient flooding caused the school to close for a few days, but leave the power on. Even at the end of that day I wasn't finished yet. Being so close to done just made me want to keep pushing forward. Because I was so close you know? So here we are, day 5 of my 6 day weekend(if it's even considered a weekend anymore...  Cheesy) and I'm finally finished. Ok, enough about me and how I spend most of my freetime, here's my first chapter of my first sim story ever!
By the way, It's just an intro, so don't expect stuff to blow up...yet...
Tell me what you think of it so far, I love feedback.  Grin

--While reading this chapter, I recommend listening to Home - Vanessa Carlton, I honestly tried to put the feeling into the story, after all the character intros. So starting at the picture of Bianca doing her homework. Hopefully, you think it matches the story as much as I do.  tongue

Camden Cordova was a very busy person. Of course, what can you expect of a doctor who works in the ER? His schedule was never stable, unlike his wife Shannon’s. He worked the afternoon shift, but was often the doctor on call most nights. On these nights, he didn’t even bother coming home. There was a staff shortage at the hospital he worked at, and being on call was pretty much the same as working overtime. On these nights, he usually came home around 2AM, sometimes even 5AM. This was obviously radically different from the 10PM time he was supposed to come home. Obviously, the time he was supposed to come home was often never the case. His brown hair was kept as neat as he could, but his blue eyes almost always looked tired. Needless to say, it’s because a stressful job. He loved his job, he loved helping people, and he loved seeing people get better. But no matter how hard you try, you just can’t save everyone. When this happened, it brought Camden down to the point he wanted to quit. But he always reconsidered it when he would finally arrive home and see his family. Seeing his family always proved to him someone needed to do his job, so other families could expect to see their family members come home. He was willing to bear this load for that one purpose. After all, it was the same reason he got started in the first place.

When he wasn’t working, he loved taking pictures. His camera was never far away. He took pictures of everything he saw. But what he loved taking pictures of most was his family. He just loved building up memories. The walls around the house were coated in photos by him. His wife also liked the pictures he took a lot, easily filling a number of photo albums with them.

Shannon Cordova was a very simple person. She kept her brown hair in a simple style that needed a minimum amount of maintenance. This was not because she was strapped for time like Camden, she was just lazy. Her green eyes always stole attention anyway. Even behind her glasses, her eyes were still very noticeable.

She worked as jewelry salesperson; she loved jewelry in all its forms. She was also very charismatic when she wanted to be, and that helped a lot. The job had decent pay, but with Camden’s pay, her paycheck was usually used for extras. Shannon didn’t mind that one bit. Being able to spoil your kids is always a good feeling.

She was smart, but her absentmindedness often suggested otherwise. She often got lost in her own thoughts, and frequently daydreamed. Talking to her, a person would notice how honest and straight to the point she was. Her friends didn’t expect a long explanation when they asked her a question. They expected a straight answer and nothing more.

Always being straight to the point didn’t stop her from being a dreamer though. She often dreamed years in advance, often planning what to do in 5 years. Because of this, she loved playing The Sims 2 in her free time. There, she could play through the many daydreams she had about her future. It annoyed the rest of her family how much time she put into the game though. At 36, she was well into starting her own family. She already had two children, Bianca and Christopher.

Bianca was the older one of the two. She was 14, 5 years older than her little brother. Bianca was not quite as tall as her mother just yet, but she was getting close. While she did look a bit like her mom, the color of her hair and even the color of her eyes came from her dad.

Bianca was a very honest person, much like her father. But unlike her father, she was brutally honest. She would explain her view on anything, not holding back any of her thoughts. She also became somewhat of an activist for the causes she believed in. Unlike her parents, who only really cared about the here and now, Bianca liked thinking about what she could change about the future. She was a good student, but not the best by a long shot. She mostly got B’s and a good number of A’s. Occasionally though, she would slip and bring home a C. This didn’t bother her mom too much, mainly because she didn’t do much better when she was a kid. Her dad though, would always push her to succeed if he saw that grade. If he had a day off he would tutor her, because he wanted her to be at her best.

The two of them also did a lot of bonding when nothing school-related was going on. Because of this, she became a tomboy in some respects. She started liking fast sports cars, like her dad. She loved action movies because of this. Even with her overflowing enthusiasm, she kept a calm demeanor, and only showed a fraction of the emotion she was feeling. Even if she was as happy as someone can be, the most she would show is a big closed-lip smile, maybe even slightly opened for a special occasion. Apparently, turning 16 is only a special occasion.

Christopher was almost an exact copy of his dad, with one difference; he had his mom’s personality. He had the same brown hair as his dad, the same blue eyes, and the same chin also; but he had the same value over looks mentality his mom had.

Christopher also liked planning things out years in advance. Again, just like his mom. School wise, he was a lot better than his sister was when she was his age. His grades were considerably better, constantly making A’s with a few B’s scattered around.

Instead of following his parents for hobbies like his sister, Christopher pretty much blazed his own trail. He dove into music, basically living on the stuff. He also learned how to play the piano, while his parents never even attempted to learn how to play a single instrument. He was the only reason they bought the piano in the first place.

Tonight was an average night for the family. It was getting pretty late; the clock was about to hit 11PM. Bianca was still working away at her homework, because she started so late.

Christopher was getting ready to go to bed, disappointed by the fact his dad was going to be home late again tonight. Shannon had to convince him to go to sleep, insisting that he’ll need the sleep for school. She finally convinced him to go to sleep with the idea that if he didn’t sleep right now, he’d be too tired to wait for his dad tomorrow night. This wasn’t the first time she used this reason for him to go to sleep; in fact, she used it almost every time Camden had to come home late. At this point, Christopher wouldn’t put up a fight, since he was simply too tired to. Shannon walked down the stairs after he went to bed, visibly tired.

She walked around and walked through the kitchen, checking on how Bianca was doing on her homework before walking into the living room. She pulled out a photo album from the bookcase and sat down on the couch and started flipping through the pages, smiling to herself.

This is how she spent most of her nights waiting for her husband. She always liked reminiscing and she often lost sense of time when looking through her numerous photo albums. Before she knew it, Bianca was in front of her.
   “I’m done with my homework now, mom. I’m going to bed now.” Bianca told her sleepily. Shannon barely looked up before she saw her turn around and head toward her bedroom.

Bianca liked waiting for her dad to come home also, but at this point, she was tired and already used to the fact that his job asked so much from him. After 8 years of waiting every night, she has gotten used to the fact that she can’t wait for her dad to come home every time. When he did come home early enough to see his kids, Christopher would run up to him and jump into his arms. Bianca’s greeting was a lot more reserved. It was usually a simple “Hey Dad.” when she saw him at the door. She always held out on emotion, hiding exactly how happy she was when he came home early. The fact that she waited every night made it pretty obvious too.
Shannon listened quietly and after a few short moments she heard Bianca’s door close. She paused for a moment. She stole a glance at the clock on the wall. The clock was showing a time of 1AM.  Her tired eyes stayed closed longer each time she blinked. She then remembered the photo album still in her hand. She put it down on a coffee table right next to the couch and stood up. She walked over to the foyer, and lounged on the couch they had in the room. She paused for a moment, thinking of ways to pass the time. After watching the clock absentmindedly for about 15 minutes, she decided to do something that included less waiting.

Shannon let out a deep breath and looked around the room again. She remembered the book she was reading. She was already halfway through the book, even though she only started about a week ago. When Shannon wasn’t looking through photo albums, she often read while she was waiting for Camden to come home. Shannon reached over and picked up the book off of the end table, flipped open the book, and started reading.

It was extremely quiet in the house. Of course, it was extremely quiet everywhere at this time. Outside, everything had a dark navy blue tinge. The few street lights cast a harsh yellow light on the road below. It was already mid fall, and the temperature matched the season perfectly. The Cordova house was well lit. They had lights all around most of their wraparound porch. The only light that was on at that moment was the light next to the front door, but light also peeked out of the foyer windows.

This was the room where Shannon was reading. She always waited in this room; it was the first room you entered when you came in the front door. Shannon read for several hours, before coming to a stop when she heard a car in the front of the house. She quickly placed the book down on the couch. She stood up quickly, or at least as quickly a person can at 4AM.  She swiftly moved next to the front door and peeked out the window. A smile quickly crossed her face when she saw the familiar Mercedes pull up in the driveway.

Camden stepped out of the car, obviously very tired himself. Shannon quickly unlocked the door and pulled it open. A rush of warm air flowed out from the home into the cold fall night. The cold fall air gave Shannon a chill, but she didn’t care.

She briskly walked out and met Camden on the porch. He looked at her with exhausted eyes.
“You’re still awake.” Camden mentioned, more worried than surprised. The light from the house silhouetted the couple against the early morning darkness. The cool fall breeze swerved between both of them in the first few hours of a new Friday.

“As always.” Shannon quietly answered back before planting a quick kiss on his face.

It'd be nicer if nighttime in the sims 2 was darker huh?
Well aside from that, resizing it down to 600X375 really butchers the quality.
That really annoys me, and photobucket hates how huge the pictures are. I really want you guys to see the pictures in their full size, but rules are rules.
So, if your interested in full size screens, I've uploaded them at imageshack.   Cheesy
http://img339.imageshack.us/g/camdenhospital.png/
Now that your done reading, I'll let you know that I took a ton of pictures that just didn't fit in the story. So I started my own picture thread with them, It'll have a lot of the pictures you see hanging around the house and some funny pictures of everyone in the family!
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108240
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:37:04 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:14:20 pm »

LOVED the chapter!
Very attractive sims!
Christopher is so adorable. Cheesy
Really great chapter! Can't wait for more!
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:48:59 pm »

Thanks!
You like Chris? I'll get more pictures of him next time then, haha.  tongue
I've got a ton lying around of him as a toddler, maybe I'll put it up tomorrow or something.

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »

you're welcome!
haha yup! he's a cutie!
and yay, you better. Wink
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:02:14 pm »

Oh my gosh, this is amazingly brilliant, I love the quality of your game!!! I ♥ them.

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:13:37 pm »

Thanks, I personally like the full size version of Bianca doing her homework. I worked hard to get the time on the clock right.  rolleyes
I put a lot of detail, all the clocks SHOULD be showing a logical time in the story. haha.

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »

Lol I hardly ever use clocks in game, let alone be able to see the time on them.

Find me on moonlight <3
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:18:19 pm »

Very nice start. I can't wait to see the next chapter.  YAY
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 07:19:06 pm »

Thanks! I'll do my best!  tongue

I need more freetime.
Bookfreak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 07:25:15 am »

Really great beginning, cant wait to read more.

Smiley
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 10:11:50 am »

Thanks, I'm really glad you like it!

I knew I forgot something. I wanted to recommend a song to listen to while reading the chapter. Ehh, it's a bit late for that.
Still, I wanted to recommend Home - Vanessa Carlton while reading this chapter. It's a beautiful song, and I honestly tried to put that feeling in the story.
Hopefully, I'll remember to recommend a song before posting the next chapter. Haha.  tongue
Home - Vanessa Carlton

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 01:09:36 pm »

I re-read listening to it, and it makes it more... I dunno... different... I liked it. Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 01:29:53 pm »

Calms it down a bit huh?

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 03:12:30 pm »

Yes... how often should I expect new chapters?  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 04:00:31 pm »

Depends really. Homework and stuff has some priority, depends on how much work my teachers assign. I write before I go to school every morning, so the writing will probably be done. Haha, instead of watching TV in the morning, I'm just typing away.  Cheesy
If I have to take a guess, I'll say 2 weeks. Hopefully I can make it faster than that since everything is set up now.
That first chapter took 2 weeks, because I had to make the house and do all those recolors. Eh, who knows.

I need more freetime.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: