Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:35:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Taken For Granted (Chapter 3 up! 1/12)  (Read 20020 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:35:22 pm »

I think you should work on it some more right now! Rather than do the bodyshop stuff. Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »

Haha. This chapter's a long one. I won't say anything about it though.   Grin
Still typing away at it, don't worry.  tongue
I'm really liking how I've got it planned out so far. I'll say that much. Smiley

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 12:05:46 am »

*waits patiently*  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 08:31:02 pm »

Finally, I finished another chapter. (Not really, I've still got a good 4,500 words waiting to be pictured.)
Almost exactly 1 month after the first.
Chapter 2 got much longer than originally planned, so I've broken it up into 5 parts.
5 parts that I can HOPEFULLY keep steady updates on.
Hopefully, those updates don't take a month either. Due to school, thanksgiving, holiday shopping, and various church retreats, this update was held back. A LOT.
I'm hoping it doesn't take this long every time.
Also the photos for this first part needed A LOT of photo editing. I hope that shows.
Hopefully, my efforts paid off.  Grin
Umm... No song recommendation for this one, I've got a few reasons why.  Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------->Paradise<----------------------------

Bianca was sitting down, feeling truly relaxed for once. She was watching water cascade down the rocky slopes calmly into the lake below. She wasn’t thinking about anything, she simply watched the water swerve between the stems of plants before free-falling into the small pond below. The rocks rose tall above the ground, but many years of erosion cut out small soft waterfalls all over the side. Trees and plants sprouted out all over the open ground, taking advantages of the soft loamy soil. Sunlight reflected off the eternally wet leaves of the plants casting a shiny glow all over the small ponds that spotted the ground. The white waterfalls morphed into softer streams as they got closer to the small lake at the bottom of the hill. It was serene, and Bianca loved this. Here, she didn’t have to worry about tomorrow. Here, she could just relax and waste time away.

Bianca stood up, and breathed deeply. Truly, she left everything behind her. She felt weightless, she didn’t have anything on her mind, just absorbing all the beauty of the scene. As far as she could see, there was no one else anywhere. She didn’t mind, not one bit. Bianca had it on her mind that people don’t do anything but fight over riches anyway.

She walked along the edge of the pond toward the waterfalls. As she walked along, she slowly started walking into the water. The warm water wrapped around her ankles, as she walked closer and closer to the waterfalls. The soft crash of the waterfalls still went along unceasingly, mixing with the soft babbling steam slipping seamlessly into the pond.

Bianca started climbing on the rocks, trying to get to a plateau on top to get a more scenic view. Even though Bianca never even rock climbed before, it seemed to come to her naturally.

She scaled the side of the mountain eagerly, jumping over smaller waterfalls and nimbly hanging on to ledges. High and higher she went, almost touching the sky. When she reached the top, she pulled herself up to see what was on top.

She had a good foothold and she comfortably hung on the side of the cliff. The top of the plateau was rather flat and had barely enough room for her to sit on. On the space where she could have sat, there was a single rock positioned exactly on the middle of the tiny plateau.

A confused look covered Bianca’s face. She stared at the rock for a bit, it seemed out of place, different, than everything else.

She reached out to throw the rock off, but as soon as she touched it, it let out a loud beep.

“Ah!” Bianca let out, stunned. She still had a good grip on the cliff, but was a bit shaken by the surprise. She reached out and touched the rock again, curious. It let out another loud beep, but didn’t stop. Beep, beep, beep! Bianca was a bit worried now.

“What’s going on…?” She whispered to herself. Suddenly, the rock shot out an unrelenting stream of water from its base. Water then started streaming out of the mountain itself, making it even harder for Bianca to keep a grip. Bianca tried to get a grip with her hands so she would stop relying on her foothold to stay up. The endless flow of water streamed down the side of the cliff, loosening her foothold and the water made the granite beneath her hands all but graspable. Water started spraying out with more force than before, relentlessly spraying Bianca in the face.

Still, she kept strong and tried to grip something. She grasped for the rock, but when she grabbed it, it just fell off the top of the little mountain, still beeping ceaselessly. It fell for what seemed like forever before causing a splash in the pond below. After staring at the splash for a few seconds, Bianca turned back around to the rock and tries again desperately to get a grip again. Her heart was beating fast now, she was too high to escape unhurt and too far to get the help she would need.

The water still streamed out of the top of the mountain, making it hard to see. Bianca still clung to the ledge, blocking the blast of water with one hand and fruitlessly trying to hold on with the other.

She urgently thought of what to do, but she couldn’t do anything. All at once, the ledge she depended so much on gave in to the water and her weight.

Bianca quickly grabbed at the next ledge and hung on with all her strength, her legs dangled below her on 130 feet of air. She was now holding on desperately with only her fingers.
 The water flowed endlessly under her fingers, pulling her hands down with them. The water streamed past her desperate grabs at the rock, passing her and falling down into the pond, 130 feet below. Her grip moved closer and closer to the edge of the rock, but she didn’t stop her desperate attempts to grab onto the granite.

The water kept flowing down and pushing her grip ever closer to the edge. Her feet were dangling down below her, feebly kicking at the wall. The water kept flowing, but Bianca tried one more time, reaching out.

As far as she reached, she couldn’t get a grip on anything. She was freefalling now. Her mind went blank, watching her fall in slow motion.

She dropped into the pond with a splash, water still tracing her fall down. Her body was underwater, sinking slowly. The rock from the top of the plateau sat at the bottom of the pond, still beeping. Beep...Beep...Beeeeep...

After a few minutes, the beeping stopped. Nature quickly returned to peace, seemingly undisturbed. The streams of water kept flowing, not missing a beat. The plants and flowers returned to reaching for the sky, unaffected.
Even paradise is dangerous.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I bet your a bit confused right now, I bet you have quite a few questions. A lot of questions actually.
Everything will be explained... trust me.
ACTIONY!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:07:03 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 08:51:22 pm »

Ohmygod!!! I love how deeply detailed everything in this chapter was! And I really LOVE the first person pictures!
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 08:59:47 pm »

Thanks! Heh, see why the editing took so long?
This is where it all starts up...  Wink

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:50 pm »

Haha yeah I do! Grin
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 09:22:03 pm »

Oh my gawd. SUCH a good chapter!!! Is Bianca gonna be okay?

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 09:29:52 pm »

Grin

We'll see...
Hopefully I can quickly prepare the next update!
Everything is explained there, it's already written up!
Just need pictures, and they won't take as long as these ones, I guess that's a good thing.

I need more freetime.
Bookfreak

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 10:54:35 am »

Absolutely brilliant chapter. Cant wait to read more.

Your Pictures are beautiful.

Okay

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 02:41:57 pm »

Thanks!  tongue

I need more freetime.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:34 pm »

Got a little random in the last chapter. Originally, that was just a little intro to this chapter. But it expanded, and expanded, and the pictures got more and more complicated. Well yeah. That's what happened.  Grin
Looking over it now, I strayed QUITE off the story. (Honestly... Haven't even got to the main part yet.) Next chapter, we'll be there, I promise!
Wanna listen to music? Here! Smiley

----------------------------------------------------------------->It's All Routine<----------------------------

“Errrt.Errrt.Errrt.Errrt.” Bianca’s clock kept screeching out the same obnoxious beep. She was sleeping quietly before being rudely and abruptly woken up. She slowly opened her eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling. She flipped over and buried her head into the pillow.

“Why do I do this to myself?” Bianca complained into the pillow. She was referring to the fact she put her alarm clock half-way across the room so she wouldn’t sleep in again like she did a few weeks ago. Bianca rubbed her eyes and reluctantly sat up in her bed.

“I hate it when ideas like this work out…” She said to herself, giving a death stare to the alarm clock across the room. She slowly slid off the bed and stood up, a bit shakily because of how tired she was. She walked over to her dresser and pulled out a shirt, she held it up and looked at it.
   “That’ll work.” She threw the shirt onto her bed, and quickly chose a pair of jeans and a sweater and threw them on top of the shirt.

Still a bit sleepy, she walked out into foyer heading towards the bathroom, to take her shower. She walked just in time to see her mom getting ready to leave for work.

“That’s weird… She’s usually gone before I wake up.” Bianca thought to herself instantly. Shannon noticed her too. Shannon raised one of her eyebrows and gave her a confused look. Bianca looked around, trying to understand what’s going on.

“Mom, are you late for work?”Bianca asked, still only half-awake.
   “No…but don’t you think you’re a little early for school?” Shannon smiled at her, understanding exactly what was wrong here.
   “No, it’s already 7. I stared at my clock for a good 2 minutes to make sure.” Bianca answered flatly; a bit irritated something was wrong with her morning routine. It was still a bit dark outside, but nothing too different.

“Your clock says 7, but I say it’s 6. We pulled the clocks back an hour. Remember? It’s that time of year again.” Shannon was smiling a bit bigger now, eagerly waiting her daughter’s reaction. She didn’t want to miss this.
   Bianca stared blankly in her mom’s general direction for a while, processing everything. When it came to her, her mouth dropped and she started nodding no. She then turned around and quietly walked back into her room and closed the door. Shannon just smiled at her daughter and left for work as usual, a tiny bit happier.
   Bianca was her room, complaining to herself about forgetting the extra hour of sleep she was supposed to get. She walked over to the clock and grabbed the cord and roughly pulled it out of the outlet.

“Stupid Clock.” Bianca was blaming everything on the clock. After a few minutes of looking at the blank clock, she plugged it back in and looked at her cell phone to set the right time. She bit her lip as she messed around with the buttons.
   “Ha!” She said to herself when she finally got the time right. She put it back on the desk triumphantly, and looked at the time. Then she went off to take a quick shower, continuing the routine she was already so used to, just about an hour earlier than usual. She went back to her room and changed and then looked at her clock again. She still had thirty minutes before she even had to start getting ready, and she was already changed and pretty much ready. She walked into the kitchen and came in to see Camden cooking pancakes and Chris sitting down, already eating. Camden looked over at Bianca.

“Well, aren’t you up early?” Camden smiled at her, since he already knew what happened. He overheard the conversation from the kitchen. Camden quickly shifted his attention back to cooking. Bianca was pretty much ready to go, so she sat down next to Chris and without a word Camden knew what she wanted.

“You want me to cook for you too huh?” Camden looked at his daughter with a raised eyebrow and a smile. All she gave back was a nod before laying her head on the table. Chris looked at his unmoving sister for a while, confused, because she was so sleepy. Chris was used to getting up at 6, and didn’t get the fact her sister wasn’t.

“When I get as old as Bianca, will I always be as sleepy as her?” Chris asked, using the most of his 9 year old understanding. Camden simply smiled to himself. Chris figured the only differences between him and his sister were gender and age. This led him to guess that he’ll have the same habits and same attitude when he grew to be her age. He scooted closer to his sister and pulled his plate closer also.

“I’m not sleeping; I’m just…just resting my head here.” Bianca answered back, not even pulling her head up. She honestly wasn’t sleepy anymore, even though she deliberately tried to fall asleep. She was wide awake now. Bianca knew that by now and lifted her head up. Just in time for her dad to slip a plate full of pancakes where her head had been. Her dad then laid a knife and a fork on the table. She looked at the table for a few seconds.

She gave a smile and then started eating eagerly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh. Even with SUCH a short entry, I still manage to make it insanely picture heavy.  tongue
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:44:34 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 06:29:19 pm »

So I'm guessing Ch. 2 never happened? lol
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 07:28:05 pm »

Ehh... Pretty much. It WAS supposed to be a TINY intro. Pulled it off nicely though didn't I? I'm thinking I shouldn't take SO much pics. Maybe then I could actually get somewhere.  Undecided

I need more freetime.
PoppieSkat
Site Santa!

Professional Masochist seeks Narcissist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 07:49:07 pm »

I absolutely love your story! =D
Cant wait to read more hehe Im a very avid reader Wink

~Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness~
My Tiger is BETTER than YOUR tiger ... Its HUMONGOUS! ;P
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print