Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 07:27:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl's Randomness! Updated 6/24: Frames!  (Read 80249 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2010, 10:34:33 pm »

I envy your graphics :|

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:19 pm »

Hah, Yup! Thanks! I haven't played her family in forever. I completely forgot about them. Grin

They are pretty enviable huh?  tongue

I need more freetime.
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2010, 11:48:37 pm »

My laptop can manage on high, but it load forever considering the amounts of CC, especially if it;s a big lot. The game is fast, bu tloading isn't xD I gotta go an a cleaning an sorting rampage one of these days Smiley

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2010, 08:18:37 am »

Ha. Cleaning and sorting. PSH.  Eyebrow
Mine takes around 15-20 minutes now, so I guess that's not fast either. I actually made a set up of folders ready to sort it out, but got lazy, so it's still the same mess it was before. all 5.5GB of it. (It keeps growing! OM NOM NOM!)

I just saw your update with some pictures of the interior decorating stuffs. Which is funny, because I took pictures of my interior decorating yesterday too, just didn't feel like posting. I'm going to post now. XD

First up though. Does this feel familiar to any of you? "GTFO! I'm playing Sims!" You can just feel the love between mother and son right?

...And I wonder why Pleasantview takes so much longer to load than my other neighborhoods. I packed it tighter than my carry on luggage.

Anyway, here's the house of a story family of mine. Their kitchen to be exact.

I like their kitchen. I'll give you $10 if you can find the Insim in their kitchen. It is in there.

The door in the picture above connects to their living room, which is pretty random to be honest. This guy isn't even part of the family, he just felt like visiting. I don't know why. Sims never have reasons for what they do. It's either we tell them or they do it because they feel like it. Example of a sim's thoughts: "Hmm... I really need to use the bathroom. But I want to keep playing pool."

Back to the kitchen, heading this way. ----> (There's a door you can't see.) ---->

Here's the foyer. The white door is the entrance to the house, and the door down the hallway...

...head's to Bianca's bedroom. Which I made a lot bigger than I should have. Ahh well. It's nice.  Grin

Pillow fight!  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 02:47:39 am »

Not going to guess, because I will get it wrong. xD But is it plant on the fridge?

How do you make pictures with family members in it? I need something like this in the Tybalt's and Diana's house later Smiley

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:23 am »

♥ it Carlie! You always have the coolest captions.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:37 am »

You don't need to guess. You're right.  tongue
I recolored maxis pictures with SimPE, I'll send you a pm with some more info and stuff I personally do. Takes a tiny bit of photo-editing experience, but it's nothing you shouldn't be able just to learn right away. It's tremendously easy, first thing I did with my own CC.

Glad you think so Steph!  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2010, 10:26:17 am »

I do! Glad to hear/see/read that your not compaining about being called Carlie. Tongue

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:23 pm »

Nope, I don't mind it. Not at all actually.   Grin

I need more freetime.
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:05 pm »

i got your tuts, it is actually pretty simple, i don't know if my computer can handle simPE though :/

On that 1st picture, that is me and my husband all the time XD
" I'm playing Sims!"
" But I want some coffee..."

I'm not that bad, but sometime sit happens xD

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2010, 12:25:15 pm »

It doesn't matter if you comp can take simpe. The wizards are all your going to really need. Unless you want to start recoloring custom pictures & paintings, (the wizard only does maxis) you should never even have to open the thing.  Grin
Or you could just be lazy like I was toward the end and just use the in-game easel and BV camera.  tongue

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2010, 04:40:37 pm »

I enjoy your house making skills Carl.... major update time needed on my thread... (:

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2010, 09:57:21 pm »

OH MY GOD.
Today, I bring you something truly amazing. Something so mind-blowingly awesome, that I think it completely redoes the entire sims 2 experience.
Something so amazing... I just had to update NOW.

Ladies and Gentlemen...
I present to you....
The Sims 2 in 3-DIMENSIONS!!!!!
That's right! 3D Sims 2!!!!!
I am not joking. Now let me show you a taste of this mind-numbing, mind-warping, mind-exploding experience!
But first. I'll explain how I stumbled across this. Well let's start here. I was Chatting with Steph, trying to help her find a reason why her video card seems to hate the sims 2 and 3. So while thinking of possible causes, I decided to look through my video card settings.
I just got this card (nVidia 9800GT) a few months ago. It's a really nice card, but to be honest, my first thoughts of it, "$150 for a video card(plus the $100 for a new power supply to run it)? God, computer stuff is expensive."
I take it back. I take all my doubts about this card back. While looking through the settings, I come across this section called "Stereoscopic 3D" I didn't know what that meant. I thought it was just some fancy way of saying "Make your game look awesomer"
I start the setup wizard to see what's up.
It gives me these two options. A full blown super high-tech way of seeing 3d, and a pair that look like regular glasses. At this point, I'm pretty surprised. I exit the wizard, not wanting everything in 3d when I'm not ready. Back in options there's this section talking about the comparability lists. For kicks I wanted to look up the sims 2. I was thinking "Heh, the sims 2 is so old. I doubt it's in here."
BUT IT WAS.
At this point, I'm fangirl-ing worse than a 13-year-old twilight addict at the New Moon premiere.  Cheesy
I instantly pull up google and smash words that would give me more information of this little "way-to-good-to-be-true" thing about my graphics card.
I pull up the company website, and I rampage through, trying to find more info on this 3d thing.
I find out it's a $250 set for the full experience, not to mention you need a 3D-ready tv.
At this point I'm pretty disappointed. I can't afford $500+ just to play the sims 2 in 3D.
But WAIT. I look up a little more info and it turns out they also send out these little 3d glasses with some graphic cards to try out the 3d-awesome sauce.
I hurriedly dig through a mountain of cardboard boxes to find my graphics card box. As soon as I do, I open it up.

No dice. Turns out that while my card is compatible with the 3d, it didn't come with the "special" glasses I needed to try it out.
I looked on the site again, looking for a source. The glasses were $3 on ebay. So I instantly doubted how complicated they made the glasses sound on the website.
I say to myself "I can't wait. I NEED to do this now." I sprint out to my family's little dvd stash and eagerly look for "Spy Kids:3D" since I knew that the movie came with 3d glasses.
I quickly run through the set-up, the cheap paper glasses worked flawlessly.  Cheesy
At this point the 15 minutes it take me to get to a neighborhood-view felt endless. The menus and such were regular 2d, but I wasn't worried. You can surf around the menus. I wouldn't lose hope until I got to neighborhood-view.
It didn't let me down.
Pleasantview looked amazing. The little buildings looked like little legos I could touch and grab. It was awesome. I spent a good 10 minutes flying around the place. I forgot to take pictures.  Grin
Then I loaded up a lot. A small one, I didn't have the patience for a large lot to load.  Grin

I sincerely hope you have a pair of 3d glasses lying around. I honestly do! Here we go!

Here's the first shot. I crashed this lot last time I played, so they just moved in again.

The building looks amazing in 3d. It's even better when YOU can fly around in camera-mode.

Looking inside windows takes a whole new meaning.

And scenery?

Don't even get me started on that. (I'm not even on the lot, I just dragged the camera over.)

Sims feel like their walking right past you. I actually leaned to the left the first time.

Up close and personal, gets UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

Even this simple box caught my attention.

And then I thought "I'm going to look at the highest-poly object I could think of" Which I did.

Even the kid's toys become immensely more interesting.

Conversations had a whole new dimension. Look at her arm!

Faces took a whole new perspective.

Completely different.

Here's Nina, I didn't change anything about her face-sculpt, so she's a good sim to compare too.

Quite a different experience.

Here's Nadine again, those 3d lashes actually being 3d? Amazing. Flat-out.

Catch changes!

Regular boring things sims do become interesting!

Don't they?

Truly amazing. Everything is 3d.

I had a shot like this in 2d. (bird-watcher's apartment or what?) Takes a whole new level in 3d.

And flying shots become truly a new perspective.

Here's an uncompressed shot. I think I'll upload the entire set in full-res at imageshack.
I'll edit when that's done! I sincerely hope you find a pair of red and blue 3d glasses lying around! I really do!
Here's a link to the full-res album for those interested!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:06:02 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2010, 10:20:13 pm »

Actually had some 3D glasses lying around, and it was really fun to watch (now I'm seeing everything in a mix of blue and red, even after taking them off... might have something to do with it being 5.20 am, and I've had a junkfood day since I've forgotten everything about breakfast and dinner...)

Love the palm tree sceneries, and even speech bubbles are funnier to watch Cheesy

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »

Haha, they are. All the 2d parts, menus, ui, thought bubbles, and aspiration point related pop ups, well..POP-UP. Cheesy
I really liked playing in 3d, it just made me cross-eyed when I got EXtREMELY close to objects. That's my only complaint about it. I think Ill go to some of my scenic lots tomorrow and snap some shots there.
The forest lot and the tropical lot especially. But it's 11:36pm where I am, and I got kicked off the comp right after this update.
I don't think I'll leave it like this forever though. XD
maybe for special occasions I'll turn it on. Smiley

you should do a chapter of LFB in 3d!
That would be sweet. Most newish nVidia cards are compatible. Just search up nVidia 3d vision on google for more info.  Grin
or PM me for what I know. Your computer is ages ahead of mine, and mine didn't lag a bit.
Anyway. Got to get off the iPod and get some sleep. Don't want to mess up my sleep schedule too bad. Spring break doesn't last forever.

I need more freetime.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: