Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:31:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl's Randomness! Updated 6/24: Frames!  (Read 80212 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2010, 11:30:23 pm »

I thought about it, but not everyone can see in 3D (luckily I'm one of those who can), and I get all cross-eyed when I use the crappy plastic 3D glasses over my own glasses. A few minutes works fine, but not for several hours... I also like better the normal pictures.

But maybe a 3D special (not chapter)?  Wink
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 08:08:33 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2010, 11:42:22 pm »

Hmm. I put on my 3-d glasses and it did nothing. I feel all left out now. *pout*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2010, 02:37:10 am »

Lol. I'll have to check it out in 3D tomorrow hopefully

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2010, 06:11:22 am »

No, I don't have any 3D glasses. Thanks for making me dizzy.  tongue

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2010, 07:06:49 am »

You need a pair of simple plastic red/blue 3D glasses that comes with regular 3D movies on DVD or such.

The 3D glasses especially made for Avatar and other new 3D movies at the cinema won't work (I tried those, too).

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2010, 07:47:26 am »

That's disappointing. I tried the real3d glasses that came with avatar, and newer movies like that, those don't work. Like theraven already said.
You need OLD movie glasses. I do wish the newer ones worked though. They are a lot better.  Cheesy
Search through your old dvds, that's what I had to do. Hopefully you all will find something.  tongue

Sounds awesome raven.  Cheesy

Whoops. Sorry bout that Katie.  I should put a warning label on this update. *MAY CAUSE DIZZINESS* without proper equipment of course.  Grin
I think I'll just have one more update playing around in 3d, then I'll switch back. 

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2010, 08:23:26 pm »

Haha YES! Do it! (:

Find me on moonlight <3
Ruffnut
aka KyleTheArtist

Totally Crazy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2010, 08:34:07 pm »

I can't see it, I don't have glasses D8

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2010, 01:47:23 am »

Bah. I don't have any of the old red/blue glasses. Sucks to be me. LOL.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2010, 01:44:28 pm »

Don't worry, from these comments a lot of you guys are left in the dark about the 3d update.  Undecided
Augh. I really liked that update, and I'm pretty disappointed how much of you are missing out on it.
Hmm... Well I've updated a lot this week (mainly because of spring break  tongue  I actually have time)
That, and the fact my mom doesn't trust any of my friends driving me around, my friends are good drivers, but I can see why she doesn't want it.
But that's beside the point of this thread. I think I'll finish the 3d pictures this update, even though I do have a lot of them. It's not worth it if you guys can't see it anyway.  Sad
But hey. Hopefully you guys find some and these pictures will be here. As of now, it looks like theraven is the only person who most of this update will be worth anything.  Cheesy

p.s. if you don't mind me asking theraven, is there a first name or something I can call you by?

Ok let's get started. This is going to be a huge update. Because I had a set of pictures lined up before I got distracted by the whole 3D (still makes me drool  tongue) thing.

Let's start with a few nice 3d pictures. I have a lot of them, but I'm keep it to a minimum. But I do have an urge to upload all of them, as I did with the first update of this kind.
I'll keep it to a minimum I promise!
Anyone not interested can scroll past the 3d parts and go to my regular style updates.   Grin
(Finished sorting the 3d pictures. Apparently minimum for me is 23. Even with me skipping several pictures over.  tongue)

Looking out windows looks really different in 3d.

Usually, I put a nice little comment for every picture. But I have a lot of them.

Usually when this happens, I just get sidetracked and talk like I would talk to you face to face.

Sometimes, these little parsed up paragraphs become completely unrelated to the picture.

But hey, I think this boardwalk speaks for itself.

Because of this, I love this forest all the more.

The tropical lot is even more stunning. I really like it.

I mean honestly, it can't compete with real scenery.

Not in the least. But still.

What I really like about it is that it was sculpted from my imagination.

And that's what I love about it.

There's a nice trail-ish thing that goes around the small lot.

It's like a little place to relax. Completely built from my dreams.

It's nice. I've been to tropical locations, and I personally remember my trip to Guam.

Of course, there's no mountains in Guam.

So except for the clear blue water, (which is awesome to walk through in person. Single most memorable thing about my trip back to my birth island.) It's pretty much just my imagination here.

Anyway. I left that lot and moved to my favorite "mess around" lot. And took a picture of the pool at night. It amazing how the pool water doesn't freeze, like the lake water. But it's obviously not heated since sims who like going swimming in the middle of winter end up pulling their little thermometers down pretty dangerously low. Before I notice of course.   tongue
I watch out for my sims. XD

I still like the DJ booth. A lot.  Cheesy

It's the Seasons penguin!  Cheesy

Well it snowed a bit in game. So let's make a snowman!

Then it snowed a bit MORE in game. The snow looks amazing. It's not annoying like when I played in 2d. There it just looks like little things going across your monitor.

CAF in 3d! It's pretty cool. But it gives me a headache if I get too close to the sim. It makes me go cross-eyed.   Grin

Again. Looks even awesomer in 3d. Again. I will say I love the DJ Booth.  tongue

Ok 2D time!  Grin

Here's Noelle Dennis, (I think that's how it's spelled.) she's the hobbyist for Music. She's seems to love her job. Don't you think so too?

Anyway. One thing that's always annoyed me is how sims wear their wedding bands on their middle finger. That's all this pictures for. To prove it. Oh. That, and the fact I really like the DJ booth.

I like this picture. It's 4 pictures of course. I don't want to clone a sim THAT many times. Cloning isn't out of the question though.  tongue

Here's one of the 4 parts of it.

I always wondered what I wanted to do this effect for.

I had a great idea before, but now I just remember how I planned the effect.

Oh! I just remembered. I wanted to make a time-lapse-ish picture! That's what I wanted to do with this effect. Not to simply make it look like I like cloning my sims.  rolleyes

I really like the Summoner part of the Insim. As you can see, I framed it and gave it a generous amount of lighting.  tongue

Well, while I was actually playing a family, they got robbed, and this cop came over. I was pretty much "I gotta change that. As soon as I stop playing this family." So I moved to this test lot. (you can tell my test lots with their not even logical interiors. Their mostly just photo places with GIANT rooms. (If you haven't noticed) And places I mess around with my sims.

Well anyway. I summoned her, obviously. And used to the sim blender to start messing around with her.

I had the weirdest urge to keep a hat on her. I usually keep my townies looking rather close to how they were created by the game. So I took my time to decide on a hair style to fit under the hat. Luckily, because of my downloading sprees, I wasn't short in choices. Not in the least. Grin

She had CAS face 1, and I HAD TONS of NPCs and townies that were created with that one. So I changed hers quite a bit, (but not drastically as you can see) Made her cheeks quite a bit chubbier. Cheesy

I changed her nose a TINY bit. It's pretty much unnoticeable. That, and made here eyes more of a pale blue.

"Are you ready for WORK?"  tongue This picture will be explained. Just, not now. It's a hint to something I have planned. (But I always have alot of things PLANNED. Sadly, a lot doesn't get past that. BUT, this will.)

Sims talking about math. I never paid too much attention to this problem. But now, I know exactly how complicated it is. These are supposed to represent elementary kids? Let me explain.
The problem stated is x= (1/2)y^2
I just started algebra 2, this year. And, to be honest. I pretty much JUST learned how to solve this kind of thing.
Well the formula looks like something you would use to look for a zero for a formula. Let me get something straight here, I'm not good with math so I might be wrong.
Anyway. I wanted to, for the oddest reason, put this in standard form. (It's looked like a pretty easy problem, to be honest. I did it in my head.)  
To get rid of the 1/2 next to the y, you divide by it. So we get -
2x = y^2
Then you move the x over to the other side of the equation, ending with,
2x + y^2 = 0
Not sure if that's properly in standard, but that's beside the point. It's 2 elementary school kids talking about this. And that's scary.  Cheesy

Here's Noelle on a different lot. I see her pretty often, needless to say. Looks like she's starting to hate her job to me. Poor Girl.  tongue

PHEW! Done! That's my longest update ever, since it's pretty much 2 updates, 2d and 3d.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:50:04 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2010, 02:38:41 pm »

Love the 3D sceneries, and the snow looks awesome in 3d  Grin

My site:

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2010, 06:10:46 pm »

It does, doesn't it?  Grin

I think it's about time my sig changed.

Here's my new one! Didn't even really plan on changing it really. Just kinda started messing around in GIMP. And I liked what came out of it.  tongue
I don't like it as much as the last one, but this one's nice and simple.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:42:47 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »

I really enjoy that girl's hair. It's GREEN.

Wink

AWWWWHHHH! dizzy!!!

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2010, 11:17:10 pm »

Green?  huh I don't know what your talking about. Darn.
I must have screwed up somewhere, cause if I choose an unnatural hair colors, on purpose anyway, it's either bright red or ice blue.

The closest I see is Hailey's green hat. I hope that's what your talking about. If not, "Damn you colorblindness!"
Grin
Next update I think I'll post my sims with ice blue hair. I love that color.

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

That's what I meant, haha (:

*nudge nudge*

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: