Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:07:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: showers and tubs  (Read 8118 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2009, 01:25:10 pm »

could the shower option be added to tubs without curtains? i never use tubs because it takes so long to "bathe" instead of "shower".

base game- simple tub by krampft industries, the black and white "bare" bath, krampft industries "hubbatubba" economy bathtub, and colonial bathtub by imperial plumbing works.

kitchen and bath- you got feets

ideally they would be base game/ k&b compatable, but i have the complete set.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:34:51 pm »

Can you please do everyone a favour and make use of the shift key to put capital letters where they are needed? It makes your posts easier to read and, therefore, easier for you to get help.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:40:09 pm »

Logically, why take a shower in a tub that does not have a shower head above the tub?

Have you looked at the backless shower stalls on MTS and on Simlogical? They don't have walls and look more like bathtubs with shower heads than the Maxis shower/tub combos.

And by "complete set", you mean you have all EPs up to AL?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 12:30:46 pm »

There are more Simlogical tubs in my neighborhood than any other, but sometimes only the rust red wooden tub will look right in a bathroom. In this instance i end up pulling their hygeine bar to full because i get tired of waiting for them to finish playing in the tub. Occasionally i temporarily buy them a shower, or I skip the abolutions altogether and use the Blender. We can pretend that, like my great aunt and her pre world war two footed bath sans showerhead, there is a hand held wand jerryrigged to the spigot. While relaxing in a bubble bath is a perfectly acceptable waste of an hour and a half, taking a simple bath shouldn't take that long.

Yes, a complete set, everything up to M&G.

Thank you joy for pointing out my appaling lack of capital letters. My sixth grade english teacher would be tickled pink.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:21:38 pm »

Okay, my sixth grade teacher would be thrilled for me too.  Grin

I think I might have just the thing you're looking for, BUT let me check to make sure. Check back for further details. I need to ask Mr Squinge if the mod he made for me fits the description of a mod you're looking for to be made.

*Edited*

Thinking back on this subject, I'm wondering if you wanted to use bathtubs but the Sims take too long to wash themselves to get their Hygiene needs up in a timely manner.

The mod I have may not cover the Maxis tubs or other custom tubs. I might come up with a different approach and see if the length of time can be reduced with a bigger boost to Hygiene.

Check back for further details.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:19:45 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 02:33:56 am »

Actually that was my original thought but I figured it would be, I dunno, harder i guess. WHatever works for you.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 03:32:20 am »

Okay, I know Lord Darcy already made a couple mods to boost the Hygiene need of Sims using either a shower or tub (I think tub/shower combos are affected). The mods basically makes all cheap tubs and showers as equal to the expensive tubs and showers to give Sims' Hygiene needs a big boost, shortening their time in both the tubs and showers.

Have you tried one of these mods by Lord Darcy at MATY? The mods go up to Seasons, but there isn't one for K&B. If you're only needing a similar one for Kitchen & Bath, then that can be done.

I have those mods personally installed and can say they do shorten the amount of time the Sims need to take a shower or bath until their Hygiene needs are maxed. Only reason I didn't mention is because I wasn't certain exactly what you wanted until now. I didn't see a K&B version in Lord Darcy's thread there for the You Got Feets tub.

*Edited*

I have an override mod in testing for the Kitchen & Bath "You Got Feets" tub. Check back for further details.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 05:29:19 am by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 05:46:43 pm »

I had forgotten I have that, many thanks. I fiddled with it in simpe and have gotten bath time down to an average of 15-20 minutes. Unfortunately her hack doesn't cover the colonial bathtub by imperial plumbing works because that was the tub she was bringing everything else up to. But hey, can't have everything right?  Thank you for pointing my bass ackwardness in the right direction again.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 02:43:19 pm »

Okay, I can take a look at that particular tub. I am wondering if that tub belongs to an EP or not, but it is something I am willing to look into and test.

Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 03:44:02 pm »

It's from the base game. It's the expensive tub that matches the shower tub with the beige curtains and the palm trees. The one with the rim that never matches anything. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to look but i won't pressure you to Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: