Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:36:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CC in WA?  (Read 8136 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:01:54 am »

Is there anyway to get custom content working with World Adventures? I've tried several things and none of them have worked, so I'm at a loss of what to try next.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 06:32:03 am »

A few questions.

1.) When you installed WA, did you remove your downloads or install with downloads still in? If you installed with them still in that can cause problems.
2.) Are you making sure to remove all mods (many, if not all, will have to be updated for the new EP). I can't stress this enough. Always make sure mods are updated before using them.
3.) Where are you putting your Mods folder and resource.cfg files? They should go (from what I'm seeing on other boards) in Programs/EA/Sims 3/WA.

It's also worth noting many people have had to add their cc in bit by bit rather than all at once.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 08:26:31 am »

I removed everything and backed up my original game (IE, changing the censor shaders back to the original gamefile etc). I also removed all mods, moved everything to the Programs/EA/Sims 3/WA that should have been there. I've tried adding things in bit by bit, but keep getting a hanging screen at the intro page.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:35:23 am »

did you try putting your mod package folder in the wa game folder as wa creates a new game folder Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:14:44 pm »

Yes, she just said that, Pierre, in response to when I asked it. Wink

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 06:49:36 pm »

I'm about to do that and I confess I'm a bit tense. I'm backing everything up

I used to be Nyxie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 07:10:00 pm »

I've been reading around in other forums where people are having the same problem, and some people have found they could only get cc to work if they uninstalled and started fresh (which completely sucks).

seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 09:54:57 pm »

I actually tried the whole uninstall and start fresh too...but still, no avail. I'm on Windows 7, so I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »

I actually tried the whole uninstall and start fresh too...but still, no avail. I'm on Windows 7, so I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?

i have windows 7 and my game runs just fine  did you try clearing your cache files the game regenarate these files when you reload your game Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 08:10:10 am »

I am not playing with a whole lot of mods, however the ones I'm using worked just fine, I did (and do as a matter of course) delete the cache files before I started the game. Note that some of the globals have changed, those to do with the food market but that has to do with patch 1.6.6 so mods(such as purchaseable life fruit)  to that will really mess up the game until the mods are updated. Also the socials have changed so mods to that will also mess up (same-sex pregnancy for example).
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 11:13:58 pm »

i have windows 7 and my game runs just fine  did you try clearing your cache files the game regenarate these files when you reload your game Wink

Now, to sound completely daft, where do I find the cache files to delete.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 06:58:11 am »

It seems to vary depending on the OS. I am using Vista and the location (I think) is different than on XP. I don't have Windows 7 yet so don't know what the address of the folder would be, anybody?
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 07:00:48 am »

the cache files are in your folder my documents electronic art sims3 folder and they are cas part compositor part script part simcompositorcache and presetcache Wink

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 08:53:49 am »

Thanks, Pierre. I neglected to include that on VISTA you can find them in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and the files are CASPart Cache, compositorCache, scriptCache, and simCompositor Cache. They will rebuild whenever you start the game after you delete them.
seatnumberx3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 09:12:26 am »

Thanks for the help guys! I've done everything including the cache delete

But my CC still doesn't seem to be showing up.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:48:54 am by seatnumberx3 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: