Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:49:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: autosave  (Read 4509 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:28:25 pm »

Would it be possible for some one to make a auto save feature were it would save every night or every other or 3rd night in game. not a seamless save or any thing special just a normal save or even a prompt were it pops up would you like to save your game once a night at midnight?

Star Wars

Thank you!

Edit-
I had a more thought out idea. It could be called "Save Reminder", pretty much its the second part of my first request. There could be 3 flavors, and what they would do is ask you if you want to save every day, 2nd or 3rd day. If it only asks you can say no if your right in the middle of something important so more people would be likely to use it. And I think that would be easier to make because you would only have to make it trigger the do you want to save prompt that is already there in the game (i think that would be easy but really I am not sure xD)

2nd edit-
I have looked around A LOT for this and no one has made one how ever a lot of people have asked for one. But people say it would be annoying if the game saved at times when you do not want it to so no one would make it. But if it just asks then it would be less anoying and if people do not want to to ask they do not have to use the mod.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:42:30 pm by rockguitardevil » Logged
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 01:07:44 am »

Well 35 people have looked at my post, is any one going to reply? or just ignore me? Undecided
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 03:52:40 am »

Don't bump your post please. It can get it locked. Not everyone who looks at your thread will now how to fulfill your request, so you have to be patient.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:26:11 pm »

Don't bump your post please. It can get it locked. Not everyone who looks at your thread will now how to fulfill your request, so you have to be patient.
Are there even people taking requests for sims 3 mods? I do not see any threads with requests that some one said they would make the request... All I see is people telling requester off or to look else were...
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:30:21 pm »

No, you're seeing people suggest other sites to look on. There have been a glut of mods made for the sims 3 already and to avoid more duplicate mods being made it's suggested you check on other sites (like MTS, MATY, etc) to see if it exists before posting the request here.

rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »

No, you're seeing people suggest other sites to look on. There have been a glut of mods made for the sims 3 already and to avoid more duplicate mods being made it's suggested you check on other sites (like MTS, MATY, etc) to see if it exists before posting the request here.
That really does not answer my question Undecided
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »

I answered what I could, rockguitardevil. I'm not a modder and I can't speak for anyone else. I do know, with the new EP out, it's difficult for anyone to even consider your request without knowing if you have the new EP or not. Even the patch number you have affects it because a lot of the patches have made it necessary to update mods.

rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 04:07:30 pm »

I answered what I could, rockguitardevil. I'm not a modder and I can't speak for anyone else. I do know, with the new EP out, it's difficult for anyone to even consider your request without knowing if you have the new EP or not. Even the patch number you have affects it because a lot of the patches have made it necessary to update mods.
I think I am going to give up on requesting mods here...Your the admin and seem to post a LOT in this forum so it seems to me YOU should know if there is modders here, taking requests...Also people neverrrrrr know what EPs or patch #s and yet they make mods. I will ask around on mod the sims there a lot more friendly there... Oh and a saving mod would work with the bass game and everyyyy single patch and EP ever made for sims has to be able to save so the mod would work through out the games. I am sure of this because if they did come out with a EP you cant save it would make the game kinda crappy...

I know that a requests are souly done for the fun of it and because the modder would like to help the player making the request so I am not trying to offend any modders, I am just very annoyed at the way this request forum is ran and at the admen and other replies to requester that just seem to be telling them off or to look else were...

Some ideas to make things go more smoothly
1 do not assume people will post with out reading the sticky saying do not post with out looking for the mod on other sites, odds are before a person will take the time to request something they will look because it would save them lots of time and most people that post in forums read the rules do not assume they don't...
2 see if there are any active modders taking requests, ask them if there willing to take them there pms and be on a list of modders willing to take requests.
3 make the list stated above that way instead of people making a thread in the hope of a modder seeing it in time they can just pm the modders willing to help. I know there are modders out there willing to do so because a lot of them are very nice. They could even give a brief description of what kind of mods they can make so that way requester know who to ask.

Thank you...and please do not just dismiss this as rudeness because I have a feeling there are a lot of other people feeling the same way and just not willing to state it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 04:17:25 pm by rockguitardevil » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 10:48:02 pm »

*sigh* I am an admin here, but it's not my job to force people to take requests so I will not speak for them. This is done on a purely volunteer basis and I opened this section out of courtesy, not obligation. Yes, people make mods all the time without knowing what EPs or patch versions people have, but those are the ones they make and release to the general public, not ones done by request. If a modder is going to respond to your request, they will have to make sure it works for your game, which means knowing if you have the EP and what patch number you have. This is because new game code is entered with each EP and patch, making the way a mod works different. EPs change the way a game saves and where a game saves.

I've been trying to help you make sure you're giving what information a modder needs to fulfill your request. If that offends you then I wish you luck. I'll just go ahead and lock this then.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:16:34 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 03:47:47 pm »

Feature exists, is part of AwesomeMod.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: