Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:34:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I safely install more than one stuff pack at a time?  (Read 2064 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:07:25 pm »

I'm wondering if I can install more than one stuff pack at a time. My mom just picked up Kitchen & Bath and Teen style stuff. Is it okay to install both and expect my game not to go to bits? Cheesy Thanks in advance!

I need more freetime.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:10:06 pm »

Just remember to backup everything, and move out the downloads folder before installing. Just in case. Better safe than sorry Wink

Also, it might be best to install TSS before KB, since that's the correct order on those two. Not sure if it has something to say, but again, better safe than sorry Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:13:51 pm »

Thanks! I always back up before installing a new pack so I'll go ahead and install both. Thanks again! tongue

I need more freetime.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »

Should be fine. Do a backup, anyway. If either of those uses a newer game engine than your latest EP, you may find that your game has experienced a reset, with sims standing around idle, mysteriously returned from work in the middle of the day, most of their needs refilled to starting level. And if you have OFB then all the cakes/food in the display cases will probably go off. But that's if K&B is newer than your latest EP.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 08:38:17 pm »

Yeah, I've got M&G and I didn't have a problem.
I didn't know that.. That explains what happened when I installed AL. Thanks!

I need more freetime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: