Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:37:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SDA Meat Safe Invisible Recolour for Pantry Building  (Read 11893 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:48:43 pm »

Hi everyone,

This is my first upload of a recoloured object, something I have just started to do.  I have had positive feedback on this item so am sharing it here. 

This is the recolour you are getting in the zip, along with the original (not included)

The picture I have attached shows how the fridge is intended to be used. 

The premise behind this recolour is the lack of suitable fridges for historical neighbourhoods, and my general annoyance at having to use a fridge in my medieval hood at all.  With this recolour you can have the illusion of a pantry or larder if you use the it in conjunction with shelving and kitchen clutter.  I am not clever enough to take away the fridge animations but I find this much less annoying than having a huge bulky fridge in my medieval kitchens.  At some angles you will see a slight seam or line, if this kind of thing annoys you don't download it, but most invisible recolours I use made by other people suffer the same wee flaw.

If you do not have Apartment Life then I'm not sure if this recolour is any good to you as you will be unable to move shelving into position.  I had hoped to get round this by creating a totally invisible fridge but as yet I haven't been able to-I need to read up a bit on some stuff first. 

Anyway, I have made two versions of this fridge, one for the base game and one for Free Time.  The base game version should work with the Seasons version too. You will need to get the mesh from Sims Design Avenue.  You will find it under Sims 2>Themes>Medieval>Kitchen.  This is a pay set.  Alternatively you will find it at the booty following a similar path, except SDA is still filed under their old name there, Caravan Sims.

Base Game Version
Free Time Version

Thanks go to the staff at Living Sims Magazine, especially Leesester and SimsArtGallery.  Also to the makers of the GIMP and SimPE, and Numenor for his so easy to follow tutorial.  Here at Insim, thanks to theRaven and Bloom for answering my help question so quickly.

* WorkingFridge.jpg (472.53 KB, 960x709 - viewed 51182 times.)

sunni9676

We're all out of cake...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 03:19:14 am »

In order to create completely invisible objects they need to be cloned. Some objects you can get away with simply making a recolor, but it will not remove the shadows. Most objects are more complex and require multiple changes to get it to work.

I've made an invisible recolor of the expensive fridge on my site. I could not remove the outside ground shadow and I tried multiple fixes that worked for other objects. I'm sure someone else might know how to do it, I'm still new to the Invisible Object creation. Otherwise the light and interior shadow have been removed.

Here's the link: http://www.sunni.us/objects-invisiblefridge.htm

Please visit my site at www.sunni.us to view and download my creations.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:42:36 am »

Oh thank you, thank you.  I'm very new to recolouring and haven't done any cloning yet, that'll be the next step.  If I had found your fridge I wouldn't have bothered with the SDA fridge, I used that because the food stuffs are quite suitable for my themed hood.  I was disappointed that I couldn't recolour some of the food so that my royals/nobles could have the full fridge and contents and my peasants would just have the bread and cheese left on the middle shelf.  Yours is better though with all the versatility anyone could need.  Excellent, thank you, I have wanted an invisible fridge ever since I discovered how awful they look in a themed hood.

sunni9676

We're all out of cake...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:56:35 am »

Let me know if there are any other invisible objects you need and I will try to make them for you. Oh, and I realized the fridge needs Seasons or higher to work. Hope that isn't an issue for you.

Please visit my site at www.sunni.us to view and download my creations.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 06:16:56 am »

Not a problem for me at all and thanks for the offer of more, it's very much appreciated.

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 11:19:19 am »

Great idea!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 07:09:29 pm »

This is an excellent idea. Thanks for sharing.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 11:56:21 am »

Did you not see the note? HALLOWEEN IS OVER SO STOP PLAYIN WITH THE FRIGGIN ZOMBIES, DAMMIT!! NECROMANCY IS BAD, M'KAY!?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: