Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:11:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Teenagers won't stay Teenagers! Please Help!  (Read 2385 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RapidFire
Silly Sim Slacker

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:02:18 pm »

I have all the expansion packs and Celebration stuff packs, the Insimenator, and the inteenimater. Before my computer crashed I was able to have them both and control teens as teens. But now, when one of the children sims age into a teen, a few seconds later they age into a young adult! I've tried creating a teen in CAS with an adult and moving them into a lot, but then the teen imediatly ages. Can anyone help me?

Nothing sucks more than a point in an arguement when you realize you're wrong.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:32:56 pm »

Did you get any new EPs or SPs after the crash, or did you have all of them both before and after? In any case, make sure you have the newest versions of insim and inteen.

Also make sure you don't have any other conflicting mods or hacks. This you do easiest by moving out the downloads folder, and run the game. If everything is normal, you've got a borked download.

And delete the cache files (The Sims 2 folder, in documents. Accessory.cache, groups.cache, and two more). They might be borked, too.

Did you have to reinstall everything on your computer after the crash? If so, did you use a backup of the games? A backup might be borked, while a complete re-install should be clean.

If you didn't have to reinstall after the crash, then the crash might have borked up some of the game files. If that's the case, your only option might be to reinstall everything.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:38:21 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
RapidFire
Silly Sim Slacker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58:40 pm »

I got OFb, Freetime, and Apartment life after the crash, And I got the updated insim and inteen. they worked fine then.

THis is how it went before I realised it didn't play correctly, I had one girl in college, and graduated in Riverblossom Hills. She then moved to Desirita Valley to live in an apartment. After moving out of a glitched apartment lot, she had three children, a set of twins and a single child. When the single child became a teen, she instantly aged. it was the same with the twins. I tried in a different generation on a different lot, and it didn't fix.

Nothing sucks more than a point in an arguement when you realize you're wrong.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 03:27:48 pm »

Just as an FYI, the Insimenator is an unsupported mod no longer in development. We host it out of courtesy for people who want it, but it is a "Use at your own risk" item. Inteen isn't supported by this site, but they do have user to user support on Simbology where it's hosted. Simbology also has the Simblender, which is an alternative for the Insimenator, as it does many, but not all, of the things the Insimenator does.

That being said, I would do as theraven suggested and check your downloads. If you have other mods, it's just as likely one of them is causing the problem. This is where keeping your mods in a subfolder with your Downloads folder is a good idea. When you suspect one of them is causing a problem you can just yank that subfolder out and you have fewer downloads to weed through. If you can pull all your mods out, I would do that first and check your game. If not, then move your entire Downloads folder to the desktop and see if your teens are glitch free without custom content. If they are, then you have to weed through your cc to find it. The 50% method is the best bet for finding it (doing the things the article suggests before the 50% method is a good idea).

One avenue you do have that may make things easier is to get the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and run it. Note, it won't find mods guaranteed to conflict. It finds the possible conflicts (it tracks down hacks modifying the same global procedure). It's a starting point though. Click this link and go to Sims 2 > Programs. It's the second one on the page.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:02:49 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 07:26:46 pm »

There's only one mod that I know of that will age a teen to young adult in other than a college neighborhood, and that's one of Squinge's in the Mega College Pack.  You may have an outdated version of that mod which is causing problems, because the correct version will not automatically age teens like that as soon as they are teens.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 02:01:30 pm »

If only this would happen in real life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: