Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:27:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Messed up actions  (Read 5737 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Legolasgurl

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2009, 01:21:40 am »

I had been playing my sims 2 game normally then the next time i load the game my family has no job, no skills (which they had almost all skills and almost reached the top of their career and almost an elder) Now the baby is walking around reading the newspaper and my little boys are talking like men. Also my husband is not my husband and my children are not related just acquaintances. What went wrong? i keep trying to load and reload the game and disable custom content but nothing works it just seems to get worse. I got the freetime patch too so i dont know what the problem is. ='(. Everytime i like my family it crashes or totally messes up. Please help me

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:12:30 am »

Have you tried removing your custom content and running your game without it to see if that fixes the problem? It sounds like a mod conflict.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:00:45 am »

How long have you been playing that neighborhood?  If it's been a long time and heavily populated, i.e. a large neighborhood, or if you've been deleting characters you no longer want around, it may be the neighborhood has become corrupted.
Legolasgurl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 03:08:52 am »

I tried deleting the latest custom content since it messed up but it doesnt change anything. What do i do if the neighborhood is corrupt? delete it?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 08:53:56 am »

Try deleting the cache files and neighborhoodmanager.package.  Use Pescado's FSS Lot Debugger (MATY) to clean up memories and the Fix menu options to try to correct errors.  These are long shots that might renew life to the neighborhood.  But in most cases corrupt neighborhoods are not saveable and need to be set aside or deleted.
Legolasgurl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:13:19 am »

THanks so much for your help i will try what i can. It just stinks i got another computer so I wouldnt have to worry about crazy crashes and it is still acting weird on me just when i get a good family going. I usually end up deleting everything and starting from scratch, which stinks  Undecided.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: