Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:06:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repeated WA Game crashes  (Read 3159 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
stinchbird

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:58:06 pm »

Not sure if this is World Adventures related or mod related, but I don't think it's a mod. Everytime I try to load a saved game, the whole game crashes right away (loading screen) or once I take it off pause. When I try to create a new family and pick a custom sim, it crashes. I have taken out all mods and it still did it. I've removed all custom content (clothes, hair, makeup, etc.) from packages folder after removing mods and it continues to crash. I've checked and double checked that the .dll file and resource.cfg were in the right place.

All the mods I had been using were up to date. I've been trying to pick apart my game to figure out what's wrong for the past 2 days. I haven't tried uninstalling yet and would like to avoid it if possible.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:33:39 am by stinchbird » Logged
Justiniantheory

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 11:15:51 am »

i had to update the sims 3 from the expansion pack disk.
Click my computer, Right click "Sims3EP01" then click explore, open the support folder, open the update folder, use one of the updates in there. I just used the first one, now WA works perfectly
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:28 pm »

Make sure you installed the latest patches.
You could try to delete the cache files when the problem returns(

No longer active
stinchbird

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 02:08:57 pm »

Well I'm updated and it hasn't happened since the game that had to be abandoned. Quick question about 1.8/2.3 update: Has anyone noticed a problem with downloaded cc. Store items I've downloaded disappeared and a good portion of other downloads. And some won't reinstall.
TtheK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:58:06 pm »

The dissapearing content is a poorly programmed anti-piracy feature. It's SUPPOSED to check your custom content for EA made pay items, cross-reference it with the launcher's list of what you've paid for, and block anything by EA you didn't pay for. But it doesn't work right so lots of random custom content is blocked. Any custom content made in the first month or two after Sims 3 basegame came out is blocked from what I hear (due to the first version number of the tool used to make it being on the blocked list).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: