Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:09:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Maxis Default Skins.  (Read 3852 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »

I'm just looking for Maxis default skins, that replace the ingame skins. Must be  a .zip file PLEASE. I cannot download .rar files. It doesn't need to have alien included. I have searched this whole site, and others. So please help  me out. Thanks muchly!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:17:16 pm »

You're looking for maxis default skins... or default skins to replace the maxis ones?

There are several default skins in the genetics downloads here at insim. Just look for the word "defaults" (or "default").
Also MTS.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:30:19 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:19:08 pm »

Firstly:  http://www.7-zip.org/

Opens .rar files, along with .zip and other listed file formats.  Download is free.  Wink

Secondly, there's a whole lot of default replacements out there, and it's kind of hard to just go out and search for every single one.  Is there anything in particular you're looking for?  Maxis Match?  Realistic?  If you've looked here on this site in the skintones section and a bunch of other places, and you haven't found what you're looking for, then you might want to give us a better idea of what kind of defaults you have in mind.  I'm sure you'll be able to find something close to your tastes in skintone if you can do that for us.  Smiley

*Edit to make link live*
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:31:18 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:26:35 pm »

Thanks a lot! I have needed a link to a .rar program for such a long time! It is hard to find .zips that are maxis defaults.   Grin

madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:18:35 am »

Well, like I said in my original post, I didn't find any I liked here on Insim. That kinda sucks, but I would like skins that are maxis matchy, but have more detail and are a bit more shiny.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »

OK, that makes more sense. I couldn't figure out what you wanted since the game already comes with Maxis defaults. You want Maxis match skintones.

Have you seen this one?

Some on GoS  here and here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:01:01 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 04:19:38 pm »

Also try Kiki's Phasmaxian skintones: http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=11973.0 There are no pictures but they are very Maxis-like but add more detail to the face.

"Non-shiny" is also almost the definition of Maxis-match skintones. If you want skintones that are shiny, then you don't want Maxis-match but something more realistic. Maybe if you looked in the section where members are posting pictures of their sims and provided some pictures here as to what sort of skintone you want, we would be able to help you better. Because everything you've been linked to so far is non-shiny because it's Maxis-match.

On second thoughts, maybe my skintone will do for you? There area also matching monster defaults. I wasn't going to link to it but since I started talking about the shine factor, perhaps this would actually suit you. It's the Maxis skintone with the Louis blush/facemask permanently over the face so that the nose and forehead area is more defined and slightly shiny. The body area is unchanged except the females have nipples.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

Wow. Engram I love your skintones! They're grrrrreat! Thanks again Caffienatedjoy, I really appreciate the efforts.

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:38:48 pm »

You might also foind something you like inside the 6 pages of Bordyshop items at Sirona Sims:

http://www.sironasims.com/category/bodyshop

If using a default set, remember that you can have one and only one default set installed in your game at any time.
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 11:16:38 am »

Again, thank you everyone. I have found other items I have been searching for on those sites too!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: