Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:26:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF a Violin, bass, or cello creativity hobby?  (Read 3047 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Unordinary

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »

I cant get freetime to work and i dont really feel like messing with it. Is there another option to getting a violin, bass, or cello (something in this category)?
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:39:06 pm »

Short answer: No. The necessary animations accomapanying the new instruments come with the EP.

Longer answer: What is the problem with getting FT to function? Does it not fully install?

If it does fully install, did you install the patch for FT? Have you installed the patches for all the EPs/SPs you have?
Always -- always --- patch all your EPs and SPs. Patches available here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

If FT did fully install, it may well be that you already have some custom content (mods or items) which are incompatible with or need to be updated to FT compatibilty.

These tips on preparing before installing any new EP or SP may be of help:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Preparing_for_the_Next_Expansion
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:33:11 pm by rwills » Logged
Unordinary

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 01:01:49 am »

well the first problem was the CD, my com said i didnt have the right cd and that i should put it in. (which i do) then after i fixed the patch it said something about directx 9 download after i installed that. it said it wasnt compatible. all EPs work (can be played) except freetime so i know the coms chipsets and drivers are good. so i gave up after that. Its really not that important, Ill just have to play the game without the instruments. The EP isnt worth all the crap hahaha, thanks though. Smiley
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 01:40:36 am »

What you describe doesn't rule out (1) a scratched or dirty disk or (2) either an installed DirectX 9 which needs updating or even a partially-corrupted DirectX 9 installation.

First, would suggest checking what DirectX is installed on your computer. To do so:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
   2. Type this into the entry field: dxdiag
 and then click OK.
   3. On the System tab, note the version of DirectX displayed on the DirectX Version line.
   4. When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.

You might consider a from scratch install of the latest DirectX 9 version. But would also as strongly as possible recommend creating an up-to-date system restore point before doing that so as to be able to go back to previous settings, just in case.

DirectX 9 latest version here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Note that install of DirectX can only b performed if you are logged in or otherwise using an account on your computer which includes admin privileges.
Unordinary

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:25:44 am »

thanks, Smiley i might try it when i feel like messing around with it again. string instruments are the only things im really missing so its not a big loss. highly appreciated though, thanks.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 02:51:33 am »

Vaguely recall some deco only stringed instruments out there, if those might do...
Unordinary

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 02:55:26 am »

yeah i think i found those. nah was just in it to have my sims play the instruments. (its a theme thing that im interested in, nothing big.) Smiley
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 06:07:16 am »

This could be a totally stupid question but do you have Apartment Life or Mansions and Gardens? because if you have either of those and you are trying to run the game from the FT DVD then of course it won't work. AL is newer than FT so you need to use the AL disk if you have that installed. If you have M&G, this is the disk you need to use. It doesn't matter what you installed last. You need to use the disk for the newest EP in terms of release order, not installation order. If you try to use another disk, it will tell you that you're trying to run the wrong version and to put in the correct disk.

Since I don't know what EPs and SPs you have installed I cannot say that this is definitely your problem. Just saying that it could be that you are using the wrong disk so it's not a problem with the installation but user error.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Unordinary

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 07:57:43 pm »

i actuaslly did the patch thing. then downloaded a new sims2ep7 and replaced the old to make it work in sacrifice of graphics quality. not sure if its worth it yet. things are alittle bothersome to the eyes on the dell flatscreen :/
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »

You downloaded a new one, eh? Mmhmm. I see. We don't offer support for pirated games, y'know.

*locks the thread and wanders off*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: