Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:59:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosts float, right?  (Read 1411 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zarafausta

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2009, 09:15:15 pm »

Here's a peeve: If ghosts can float and all, how come on the Goth estate they never float upstairs into the house and just hang out in the yard and in the Nina and Dina household the ghost will just hang out on the first floor?  They're ghosts! They should be floating all over the place doin' their ghost stuff, annoying my Sims and me too.  So, is there a hack that gets ghosts to expand their haunting boundaries, that gets them to float around a house, upstairs and downstairs, in the yard, in the kitchen, in the basement, in the attic, perferably without being too controlled (though controlling a ghost might be fun too, if you could actually develop a relationship with one, pirate ghost not withstanding)?  I could move the gravestones into the Goth house and turn them into urns, I know, but that just doesn't seem sensible and I like how the gravestones look in the yard, giving it some interest, so any info on a hack or effort to make one would of course be appreciated.  Thanks, folks!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:55:18 pm »

Ghost do what ghosts do. Given enough time and enopugh appearances, and/or the angrier a ghost becomes (if ghost of a dead spouse, having the survivng spouse remarries or cheats will make the ghost mad, as also will having the surviving family move out and leave the urn/tombstone behind) will probably extend their floating range. Their behavior is also partially tied to whatever the niceness level of the perosn (ghost) is/was.

Even so, they do have a tendency to float around the more environmentally attractive rooms, which usually are not upstairs. Also, after initiating scares, they are more than likely to curtail travel or just return to the tombstone/urn.

While locked doors upstairs or locked child gates on stairs, etc. should not affect ghosts, they may deter them in favor of floating around in unlocked parts of the house.

Some hacks, such as the Ghostbuster one at MATY, wil directly curtail or narrow ghostly visits. Don't personally know of any hacks to increase or expand ghost behavior.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: