Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:15:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with the updates & download manager  (Read 2590 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:02:35 am »

I've been playing the game with custom downloads and everything was fine. i haven't updated my game with any patches because i had to remove everything and re-install the game.

yesterday i got world adventures, it required an update and it failed. so i had to remove my custom downloads and re-install the basic game. i did that and then installed world adventures with no problems. i didn't update the game though.

my problem now is that the download manager isn't working. i can't update my game, and when i added my custom folder the game wouldn't start. i get a msg like " the game version doesn't match the data " :s

even before i add the custom folder download manager wouldn't start! i get "could not connect to EA download manager" =(

what do i do now  Cry i want to play the ep with the custom objects and i want to update my game.

ps: i don't have the awesome mod.

(WhenIGetToThisPointOfRealizingHowALLMenAreA**holesIFeelSad..ButSadForWho?ForThemOrForMe??)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:01:45 am »

and one more thing  Cheesy, how can i re-download Riverview neighborhood ? i can't find it anywhere =(

(WhenIGetToThisPointOfRealizingHowALLMenAreA**holesIFeelSad..ButSadForWho?ForThemOrForMe??)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:42:55 pm »

Did you download using Internet Explorer?

If so, a friend of mine told me, he downloaded the new 'hood and a roomset using his "points". Couldn't find them anywhere. He called EA Tech Support and they told him to download again using FireFox or Goggle Chome.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Camaro_Girl666

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 03:31:30 pm »

i don't use EI  Lips Sealed
and that neighborhood was free to download  Undecided

[/SIZE][/FONT]
lessaren
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 05:56:38 am »

Remove all your CC.. Then delete the Cache files. and start the game

To delete your cache files, open your MY DOCUMENTS\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder. Inside will be a number of cache files:

* CasPartCache.package
* compositorCache.package
* scriptCache.package
* simCompositorCache.package

If it all runs fine then it is a mod that you had in the game or even an Object.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: