Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:37:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding a certain file  (Read 1695 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simgirl75001

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:04:13 pm »

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right section..if I am not I do apologize. Well , my problem is this: I downloaded a default skin some time ago but I cannot remember the name of it at all. I searched my DL folder and found nothing so I assumed I deleted it. I installed another default skin, but when I went in-game my sims looked the same. The funny thing is, one of my sims had a baby and it had the skintone that I downloaded! So, my question is, if the old skins are still in my game how do I find it? and How do I get the new skins to work? Thanks in advance for your time.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:15:28 pm »

Try searching for def, default, repl, replace, skin, and so on. Maybe you have some luck Wink
Maybe you have a picture of the old skin, so we can help you find it?
Also, search around manually in every folder to make sure you've not skipped any items.

For future reference - sort any default stuff, hacks (and generally everything else) in its own folders, so it's easier to find Wink

I usually put in links to where I found it, plus preview pictures (mostly since my memory is really bad - If I downloaded something the day before, I've forgotten what it was the next day if I don't have a link or picture...).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 09:31:22 pm »

Ok...I followed your advice raven and I found it! thank you Smiley...one more question..now that I have removed the old skintones, which were the Idolatry of Flesh default skins by the way...will the new default skintones show up or will I have to reinstall them? Thanks again.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:48:04 pm »

Did you remove the skintones or did you remove the default file? That particular default comes in two parts - the skintones and the add-on. If you removed the add-on, then you should be fine. If you only removed the skintones and not the add-on, go find the add-on and remove that, too.

You should not have to do anything once the add-on is removed. If you are still having trouble with your new defaults showing up, try deleting groups.cache, cigen.package and the entire Thumbnails folder. Delete Accessory.package for good measure, too. Your CAS and buy/build mode will be slightly slower next time you fire up the game as they will need to generate new thumbnails, but that should hopefully get rid of any residual information about the other default.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 09:56:49 pm »

I removed the default files from the folder..next time I go in-game I will make sure the new skins work and if not i will follow your advice. Thanks everyone  for your help!  YAY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: