Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:11:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple question  (Read 3151 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mrranger

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:57:37 pm »

I just got the Sims 3 and its expansion pack World Adventures. I was wondering what is a good core mod to use with Sims 3?
I know there's Awesomemod, "Gabriel" Alpha Core mod, and Indie Stone Story Progression Mod. I was wondering which one i should use? Or if you have a suggestion please reply.
I know i Cannot play a non modded Sims game.
Night Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 07:43:05 am »

As far as I know, Indy Stone Mod is not compatible mit World Adventure, only with the Base Game.
I'm using the Awesome Mod and it works fine for me. You can download it on MATY. I don't know, if it's allowed to link this site. Just google it. The workaround to make a mod run in World Adventure is a little bit different than the Base Game mod installing.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 01:26:53 pm »

*chuckles* Yeah, you can link to MATY here.

Here's the link to the Awesome Mod, in all it's Pescado-esque glory.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
mrranger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 07:41:50 pm »

*chuckles* Yeah, you can link to MATY here.

Here's the link to the Awesome Mod, in all it's Pescado-esque glory.

Just put awesomemod in my game using delphys installer monkey and now my game gets stuck at the loading screen. The music does not even come on. So i took it out and my game loads as it should. Oh well guess i will have to learn how to play a non modded Sims game. huh
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 07:50:33 pm »

Either that, or you RTFM about how to install and use Awesome Mod. I don't know if it's installable with monkey thing that Delphy put out or not. If you post a question at MATY, I do recommend that you do it in a grammatically perfect manner. Use proper punctuation and everything, and before, and this is most important, you post, use the search function to make sure that you aren't overlooking anything.

Also, do NOT post a new thread about said problem, there is more than likely something that already exists about said problem, the burden of finding it is upon YOU. Read their FAQ, follow their rules, use the search function and post like an intelligent, thinking adult. Above all, don't think you can pwn them on their own forum if someone decides to flip you some flak, you will not win. Unless you are one of them, they will not take crap from anyone and sometimes, not even then. The main rule about MATY is: n00b, tread lightly and take a couple of years to get to know the rules and the players. Yes, they are rough and fighty, but they are also highly intelligent for the most part.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:40:34 pm »

This often happens when patching the game with older hacks or mods installed.
Make sure all is compatible!!

No longer active
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »

When using Awesome Mod, make sure that the framework is installed properly and is in the correct directory:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

Or general location where the Sims 3 World Adventures directory is in if you don't use XP.

Most people moved their mods from the original Sims 3 directory to the World Adventures directory and had no issues playing their games with the mods installed that way.

The game crashes are random, although this was supposed to be an old problem resolved long ago with the newer version of Awesome Mod.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: