Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:33:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: AVOID ISA.net, possible danger to your computers!  (Read 19345 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:55:26 am »

The adult sister of this site is now host to the Security Tool virus, took 6 hours to rid my pc. of the thing.
You need to download and run Malwarebytes Antimalware, it's the only thing that works.
If I posted this in the wrong place, tough, this is very important. sa is very important
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 04:51:54 pm by Paden » Logged
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:09:06 am »

Indeed a bold statement, are you absolutely positive it came from there?

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:41 am »

Do you perchance have any proof to verify your claim?

...and also, I clipped all the bloody whitespace out of your post. Go easy with the enter key next time.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 04:39:48 am »

First time in weeks, clicked on insimadult as I have done for the last couple of years and wham, Security Tool is installing itself. Could not stop it, by the time I turned the pc. of in the wall it was to late.
My desktop had disappeared, and just a continual phony malware scan was going on, using my antivirus just caused the pc. to crash.
Trying to repair in the safe mode was a waste of time. This is one seriously nasty bit of gear, and as I said it was by pure luck that I found Malwarebytes Antimalware which at this point is one of the very few programs that will rid your pc. of this trash.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 05:07:19 am »

Do like me, and put the internet browser on the highest security level, and of course turn off pop-ups. Granted, I have to ctrl-click every link - but I've not had a single virus problem at all recently, not even a single pop-up, even using IE8. (That was, until my antivirus programme discovered a trojan that showed up only when I tested out Google Chrome, without configuring the settings first). This will also stop automatical installations of most kinds (even from the "good guys"), and will block them, with a warning.

Also, always have your antivirus program running in the background when browsing on the internet. Running it afterwards isn't always the best, but still do a full scan now and then (My does it automatically every week).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:11:12 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:58:59 am »

is anyone else having problems with the adult site and viruses?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

Hey, what's goin on?----i'm confused...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:56:50 am »

I've never gotten a virus from ISA

Gaah I never know what to put here!!! But while you're here, click my dragon egg please Smiley
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 10:01:53 am »

Me either. But I have my security settings on high as well.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:18 pm »

I wasn't aware that SMF could carry a virus, to be perfectly honest. While I don't doubt that you had problems, what other sites had you been to? TSR, perchance? It is certainly something for Pescado to look into, yes. I rarely if ever make it to the adult site, I've got a small kid underfoot all of the time and many things going on over here, so wouldn't know. It could be that you picked it up elsewhere and it picked that particular time to install, who knows. But yeah, I say we sic Pes on it, seeing as he's so good with this kind of detecting of crap that shouldn't be there.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:34:50 pm »

In Google I have several links to ISA. The first is Insimadult org. which is now nothing but garbage, tried the second one I think, which immediately downloaded the Security Tool super spyware.
I recently installed Google chrome which I use to access the Zynga online games on facebook, however I still use IE. for my other updates.
I know facebook is ripe with keyloggers and such so I always do a sweep to clean up the garbage when I finish.
It is possible that Security Tool randomly picks links as a host. What is frightening is that my av. gave me no warning that the link was dirty, and the thing immediately installed itself without a murmur from my firewall. Once in the thing constantly checks for trojans , worms etc. and will not allow you to run any applications. However it still let me use IE. I think the purpose of that is so that you download a cure that requires you use your credit card to get the full version, the cerdit card number is the aim of the game.
I was lucky that after six hours of trying everything I found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which got rid of it.
The purpose of this post is to alert all my fellow simmers about this piece of crap but more importantly, how to get rid of it, and not to buy things like Spyware Doctor because that's the whole point of the exercise, to get your financial details, if you uninstall it, so what, it has your credit card number.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 05:14:24 pm »

Um, I thought the NEW places were the .org and the OLD places were the .net or did something get lost/scrambled in my brain here? If you went to the old site, of course you're going to get something nasty, he's got the damn thing crammed full of ads to pull in as much revenue as he can so he can cover his ass and pay his mommy back that money she loaned him to buy it in the first place.

Here's the lesson: DON'T GO TO THE OLD SITES!!!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 05:34:37 pm »

If you were using Google Chrome, then that might be the problem. I use quite high settings on IE8 (thought they were on the highest, but they are in fact on medium high), and nothing seems to come through. I try Google Chrome for a few days, and all of a sudden Norton discovers several trojans when running a full scan (while Chrome is runnng). I stopped using Chrome after that...
I'm in fact also considering getting a different antivir, since Norton apparently doesn't seem to stop anything unless running a full scan. Not quite sure how it operates in the background, but hopefully it does its job.

As far as I know, Google Chrome is still in Beta. I've not yet gotten into how to put it in high security (like I did on IE8) - and I'm not even sure if it's possible. They say Chrome is one of the best browsers, but I'm not so sure any longer...

IE8 might be slow, but so far I've had few virus related problems with it... It crashes once in a while, but so does other browsers...
Firefox acts even slower than IE8, and takes ages to start up. Plus it wants me to install flash players and everything else (even though the same sites runs fine on IE8 without a new flash install...)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:42:12 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 06:06:21 pm »

Paden's right. If you were visiting the .net site, then that had nothing to do with us or our sister site, since we're not associated with them any longer. I understand you're trying to warn people of a potential problem, but most people who are already here don't visit the old .net sites.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 06:09:01 pm »

I highly suggest Avast anti-virus, its a free (for personal use) anti-virus program that stopped me PLENTY of times the minute I clicked something bad. It hasn't failed me once. It's stopped me from getting a virus hundreds of times. The minute it detects something, it makes an alert you CAN'T ignore. Flawless.  Grin
I highly recommend it, I haven't had a virus since I switched over to it. With Norton, I didn't have such luck.  Undecided

I need more freetime.
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

Hey, what's goin on?----i'm confused...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 06:20:39 pm »

I use Google Chrome and ISA doesn't mess it up. In fact, the only problem I have with Google Chrome is that it slows down if you have multiple Google Chrome's running at the same time...

Gaah I never know what to put here!!! But while you're here, click my dragon egg please Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: