Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 10:37:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: picture trouble  (Read 4914 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2009, 12:52:29 pm »

Hi all.
ive been a member of the site for ages now and love all the content you guys create, i have been learning to make new clothes myself just lately and i have really enjoyed it and made some really nice stuff. i have uploaded onto my own sims site, but after downloading stuff from here i felt like i needed to give something back and share my creations here with you all. but i just cannot get the images of the my stuff to work in a post, where i want to upload my content, in the downloads part. wehn i click on insert immage nothing happens lol am i doing something wrong ?  sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

thanx all luv neff x

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:36:51 pm »

The "insert image" is just there to write in the [img] tags, so it's possible to use a normal http picture link.

As far as I know, the uploading rules here is that you can also upload one picture (only one, mind you) as an attachment, so that it will show up as a preview. The rest has to be from a 3rd part site.

If you upload your picture to Photobucket or Tinypic (or similar), then all you have to do is to copy the link with the [img] tags around, and paste it into the text where you want it.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 01:41:27 pm »

theraven has it right. When you upload custom content, you can only upload one picture as an attachment to show as a thumbnail in the forum view. The rest must be hosting via third party image hosting site. Many sites, like Photobucket, tinypic and Imageshack, provide you with the bulletin board code you need and all you have to do is copy it. It looks like this(without the asterisks):

[*IMG]Image url[*/IMG]

Since this is more a problem you're having with getting something to work on the site and not a game problem, I'm just going to slide this thread over to the Site Issues section. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:33:48 pm »

ok thanks so very much for your help i really appreciate it,

thanx again xx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: