Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:47:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about Meshing and Accessory Making (For the Sims 2 )  (Read 4588 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ShadowGuardian
« on: December 13, 2009, 03:53:07 pm »

Not sure if this is where this goes.. if not tell me where it goes and I'll delete this from here and post it where it is supposed to go.
Well, here's the question.
What is the simplest and best free tool for meshing? And where can I download it?
And where are the best tutorials on how to do it?
I would love to learn, and have several accessory ideas I want to create, such as caracal Ears, a snow leopard tail, a wolf tail, and things of that sort.

Thanks!

Also, if somebody experienced in making meshes could contact me and talk to me about how it's done too. ^^
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:15:46 pm »

Moved to the Meshing help section Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 05:11:45 pm »

Modthesims has a lot of tutorials - both on meshing and other stuff. They mention some meshing programmes that are free, though the good ones are mostly pay.

Milkshape is mostly used in the tutorials I've found. It was free, but some  Evil wanted money... It's still one of the cheepest 3D tools, though. I'm not very fond of Milkshape, since in spite of being simple, I don't like the workflow. Others might be of another opinion, though.

Blender 3D seems to be a great choice among the free ones, but there aren't many tutorials about how to do meshing for sims with it (importing files, bone assignments that will work ingame, and that stuff) - plus it operates best with high poly meshes. It also has a different interface and different tooks than most other meshing programmes, which might confuse people who want things simpler. (I myself had troubles on learning it when I first tested it, but I had no experience at all then, so that might be different now. I'm considering trying it out again)

Meshing is hard when you're new to it, especially if you also have to learn the tool first. I'm studying 3D graphics now, and I do remember how hard everything was at first (one and a half year ago). What I spent five weeks doing in our first assignment, I could've managed in perhaps a day or two now (including breaks). And we got a "crash course" (lasting a year) in the 3D tool we're using (3D max, which is definitely a pay programme...)

Tutorials on meshing in general are just a simple google or youtube search away Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 07:26:48 pm »

I would definatly recommend Milkshape, its by far the most friendly tool for sims 2 meshes.
And the price is like 30 or 35 bucks, not much imo.
Like Raven said, MTS2 is full with tutorials based on Milkshape.

Blender 3d is free and altho i do not have much experience with it i think its not bad at all.
A easy to follow tut is the one Tenshii wrote here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,94393.0.html

I also use 3dmax/Poser and Zmodeler and although they offer much more possibility's, they are much more complicated to work with.
Only use them to convert stuff..

Good luck on the meshing part, its fun!!

No longer active
ShadowGuardian
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:44:40 pm »

I wanna try milkshape but I have no money to speak of.. .Hm.. maybe there's a free cracked version in a torrent somewhere.. XD
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 11:04:53 pm »

Shadowguardian, this is the second time I've spoken to you about the issue of torrent sites today.

Do not post, request or link to keys, key generators, cracks, warez/illegal software sites (or software piracy), crack search engines, file sharing networks (such as Kazaa or LimeWire), or any other illegal activities. Asking for any information regarding the location of the aforementioned items for any reason is also against site rules. This is certainly not an exhaustive list, so please use your common sense and, if in doubt, ask any of the site staff for clarification. Violation of this rule may earn you a straight ban without warning.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ArthaRose
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »

Hah I'm curious about this too, I was hoping there'd be an answer, I want to learn to make stuff too, though I have absolutely any idea in coding or anything at all... I don't even know how to recolor, though I do know a little tiny bit about using simPE, simply made an outfit for all catagories, instead of JUST everyday, might do that with my Formal outfits too, and some of the everyday that would be perfect formal outfits!

Though is there a trial version of Milkshape, something I could try out, and if I can't understand it I won't have wasted the money on it?
And if it used to be free... boy I wish I'd downloaded it while it was still free!  I wish I'd known about it when it was still free!

And why can't you click on ShadowGuardian's name? *curious*

btw, take a look at <snipped>  useless, pointless, off subject.. but I can't get enough of the silly jiggly sound that jello makes when you drag your mouse over it!!! XDDD
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:58:25 pm by Jenna » Logged
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:54:40 pm »

*snickers*

Nice try, Shadow, but creating a new account isn't going to hide you from us. Topic locked, user kicked to the curb once more.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: