Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 10:40:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WA: Max Motives  (Read 5569 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Charley

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:18:59 am »

Hiya, I don't come on much anymore and have had a little look round but can't seem to find an answer.

In WA there aren't any postboxes to use boolprop to maximise their needs... is there a mod for this?

Thanks
Charley

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:28:54 pm »

I know two mods actually use the "maxmotives" command are Awesome Mod and Twallan's Super Computer.

Awesome Mod is a core package that changes the way the game is run and how you play the game. Pescado added that command to AM so that you can maximize your Sims' needs. You can find it here. Read the instructions on how to install AM.

But if you didn't want a core package like Awesome Mod, you can look at Twallan's Super Computer as an alternative. You can find it here. The pie menu is available on either the Sim you want to maximize the motives on or on the computer. The instructions are fairly clear and there is a very good list of options available to do specific things.

I use both AM and Twallan's Super Computer without a problem. But if you have questions about either one, please post them at the appropriate site.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

I am going to try the computer mod as I don't feel that I could put a core mod in and understand it.

For WA do I just move the downloads folder to the WA folder?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 02:47:33 pm »

No, the Downloads folder should be left where it is. It's the Mods folder that should be in the right directory to be able to use the mods and play with them. If you already have the framework set up in the World Adventures directory, then you're fine. Just put the mod into that subfolder. Twallan usually leaves good instructions in his threads for people to read and put them where they should be. Read those directions. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:00:41 pm »

I was able to set up the framework for original sims 3, but mustn't be done for WA because they don't seem to work. Do i install the framework again. Also Delphys download extractor doesn't work since I installed WA. I had a little looksie at the site for the computer mod, but I couldn't really find info about where to put it. It explained a lot about the mod though which I found informative. I will have another look though!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »

I see. That sucked.

BUT despair not because there is an excellent tutorial you can read about installing the mods the proper way. Trif at Crazytown graciously wrote up the tutorial for those who used mods for the original Sims 3 game and got World Adventures.

Check Trif's tutorial. Do expect to take some time to read through the tutorial because this is the tutorial I used to move my mods from the original game directory to the WA directory.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: