Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:34:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims3packs won't install/ Disappearing in game  (Read 4134 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
stinchbird

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:52:23 pm »

Mentioned this in my other problem "resolution." After updating, sims store stuff disappeared from my game and some other files that were installed as sims 3 packs. I try to reinstall and it doesn't seem to work. Is it just that my game likes to have problems or is this normal for people who updated to 1.8/2.3?

I have Window Vista if that makes any difference?

Edit

Even Riverview is gone.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:01:23 pm by stinchbird » Logged
TtheK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:53:31 pm »

this is normal. EA has malwared your game. It's a standard feature on patch 1.8/2.3
It's SUPPOSED to check for EA made pay items, crossreference it with the Launcher's list of what you've paid for, and block any EA pay items you haven't paid for. But of course it's badly programmed. So it blocks all sorts of stuff it's not supposed to (anything made before a certain date, new pay items that you've paid for, etc). You need to uninstall and reinstall to the earlier version number (remember to tell it to keep your save games and custom items) or figure out how to fix the malware (there's a way but the site I heard about it on didn't bother to explain how to do it, just explained the logic behind it (you find the file that's got the list of stuff it's looking for and change it somehow)).
stinchbird

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:49:10 pm »

You need to uninstall and reinstall to the earlier version number

So I uninstall and reinstall WA and choose not to update to 2.3? Sorry if I sound dumb for asking this, but I want to be sure.

Side note: the only reason I updated because I was having saving error 12 and edit town fix wasn't working anymore.

Edit

Nevermind. I uninstalled and reinstalled completely. Now it says that I have to update because the data is incompatible.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:51:32 pm by stinchbird » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 01:38:13 pm »

Try updating to 2.3 and see what happens. Make sure you take your mods folder out and any CC out of the Downloads folder before you update to the current version if you have any mods installed right now.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
stinchbird

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:19:37 am »

Try updating to 2.3 and see what happens. Make sure you take your mods folder out and any CC out of the Downloads folder before you update to the current version if you have any mods installed right now.

Had no choice but to update in order to play and everything was put in folders on desktop. I just learn to live without installed CC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: