Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:29:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 1.8/2.3 patch: how do I remove the malware?  (Read 4360 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TtheK

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2009, 06:23:08 pm »

well in case you haven't heard there's a horribly programmed anti-piracy thing included with the latest patch (1.8/2.3 new as of Dec 15 2009). It's SUPPOSED to check your custom content for pay items made by EA, cross-reference it with what you've bought thru the launcher, and block anything you didn't pay for. But it doesn't work right. So it blocks massive amounts of fan made custom content too (as well as some EA stuff you DID pay for).
Obviously I'm not willing to upgrade until there's a fix for this malware but I want to try Create-A-World soooo bad! Does anyone know how to fix it? I heard on a site there's one paticular file that you have to change (I assume it's the list of what it's supposed to be checking for, so if you change it it thinks it's looking for zero items and doesn't do anything) but that site didn't bother to give any instructions.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE someone tell us how to fix EA's latest catastrophic mistake!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 04:25:47 pm »

To their minds, it's not a mistake. They're trying to stop people from ripping off their online store and so far, it seems to be working. One thing people aren't recognizing is that EA owns the game and has a right to sell the content for it and expect to be paid for each and every file they put out there. If you don't like it, oh well, but don't ask us for support in helping you get round it, because yes, ripping off the company that puts out the game is piracy. Any further discussion will net you a warning about it because we do not condone stealing content that the company has a legal right to sell. They own the copyright, they own the content, they are within their rights to sell it, unlike some other sites that have none of those claims.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:28:20 am »

I don't think this problem is actually malware related. Or even intentional. It really looks more like a bug.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: