Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 03:16:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I change Townies?  (Read 9066 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Larke

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2009, 01:27:28 am »

I managed to install a hack/mod that changes the default faces of townies (newly generated ones in a new neighborhood). But isn't there a way to change their hair or clothing also? I've used the Insiminator but it puts the person in the family I'm playing. And I don't know how to get them out without killing them off with the Insiminator again.

I know the Insiminator is no longer supported, so I'm not asking for support. I'm looking for a way folks are currently changing their Townies from the so so bland Maxis generated ones to something so much better.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 01:41:10 am »

If you have OFB have some playable sims open up a couple businesses, one a beauty salon and another a clothing store.  In the clothing store, you have to suggest an outfit for them to buy it and change into it.

Another option for makeovers is to get the Sim Blender (www.simbology.com).  You can change their appearance and give them plastic surgery if desired.

For clothing, get Christianlove's Clothing Rack (www.modthesims.com) which will you allow to change all of the outfits for a townie.
Larke

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 02:18:18 am »

Thank you, I will try Sim Blender. Looks promising.

I see a Sim Boutique Clothingrack by Christianlov, I suppose this must be the one you mean. I will try that too.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284411
(the link to the page, NOT the download link)

Thank you again.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:01:58 pm »

When you make a townie controllable, they temporarily appear on the family panel. Just make them uncontrollable again to get rid of them. You don't have to kill them.

The business idea is a really good one because if you're doing all these makeovers using playable sims you're going to end up with a family with a lot of clothing in their wardrobe. Apart from using a business to give makeovers, you could also move a disposable sim onto an empty lot where you place a mirror and a clothing rack. Then have the sim teleport in townie after townie and you can make them controllable and give them makeovers. That way, if the clothing rack you are using uses family funds for clothing, at least you're not impoverishing playables by making them buy clothing for the entire town.

I use Dizzy's mirror hack to makeover townies. http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=4e5659d35589f1f2860e2144ab328a3e&topic=1140.0 Though I don't usually bother with clothing, but with this hack, your controllable clicks on a mirror and the option to makeover any sim on the lot comes up. I just use it to change hair and makeup but if the sim has spare clothing in their inventory you can also change townies' clothing - without making them controllable.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Larke

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 05:31:39 pm »

Thank you for the reply! I can't tell which is the mirror one though. Dl'd them all. Hoping they don't cause conflicts.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 07:45:57 pm »

You only download one file. There are a whole lot of other files inside. You need to get the one that is compatible with your game. Once you unpack the file, look in the text file and find the name of the hack you want. You don't want ALL of the stuff that's in that file. It's a compilation of all of Dizzy's hacks.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Larke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:57:14 pm »

thank you Wink

love your signature, it's very thilly
sadet_anomaly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 07:33:34 am »

If you have the object mod version of the insiminator go to electeonics:all and look for the little blue vase with a plant in it.  Using that will allow you to add or remove anyone from your households.   Also, to get rid of old townies, push the control, shift and c keys, and type in deleteallcharacters.  That will remove all townies with the old faces.  The only problem with that is it will remove all characters in a neighborhood,not just townies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: