Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:57:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound issues after installing WA  (Read 2374 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~Iris~

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:12:31 pm »

Hello.  Lately I've noticed that when my sims are in their home neighborhood (Sunset Valley in my case), I will suddenly lose all sound for about two or three minutes.  It eventually comes back, but there will be about five seconds of catch up sounds of all of the clicking, crying, talking, music, etc. that occured during its "mute time."  Usually nothing will happen and everything will go right back to normal, but yesterday my game crashed three times after this happened.  Anyone else having these issues?  When it crashed, there was no "this application has crashed" message, no "death bong" or any warning.  This only started with WA.

I currently have one hack (Inteen 3 with the 10% accidental pregnancy option) installed, and several age conversion hair styles.  This sound lag was happening before I installed Inteen.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:31:37 pm »

We don't know what operating system you're running like Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7. And whether you updated your sound drivers or not before you installed Sims 3 World Adventures.

I heard that there were some people reporting an issue with sound and Sims 3, but I haven't seen a solution that helps resolve that problem with sound.

Let us know what operating system you use and whether you updated your sound drivers or not.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 05:11:40 pm »

Sorry about that.  I knew I had forgotten something.  I'm using Windows XP, SP2, and not connected to the internet on that one.  Updating isn't a problem, but downloading, saving and moving very large updates over to the other PC is.  If it's a driver issue, then I'll just deal with it, but it's "good" to know that I'm not alone with the sound issues.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:56:27 pm »

Have you tried Windows XP SP3? That is what I have installed on this machine.

Check to make sure you have the latest Microsoft updates for yours as well drivers for your sound card/chipset because it can make a difference.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: