Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:00:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Anju's Story [Chapter 6 UPDATED]  (Read 21949 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:24:11 pm »

The OFFICIAL link is located at: http://anjusstory.blogspot.com/. However, I will more than likely post updates here as well Smiley

The foreword is already posted, but I shall post a bit of the back story here...

I have been playing The Sims 2 for a few years. This is my first attempt at a 'story', I hope you enjoy :]

This is the story of Anju, a typical teenage girl with strict and conventional Indian parents. She gets the grades, and is respectful of her parents and their wishes, however an unfortunate event changes her life and forces her out of her house. When Anju is raped, her parents view it as her fault, not the horrible accident it should be seen as. What happens after that though, is far worse

I'll be posting the prologue/chapter one in a day or two :]

Lemme know what you think!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:10:45 pm by twinklelilstar » Logged

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:02:49 pm »

Sounds interesting, Definitely keeping tabs on this one.  tongue

I need more freetime.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »

xD i have posted an update :] I didn't plan on it, as my computer usually won't load sims multiple times a day. However, it loaded and I was able to finish the first chapter! Cheesy I would LOVE comments/views on blogspot, but I understand if you'd rather just post here. In any case, the link to Chapter 1 is http://anjusstory.blogspot.com/2009/12/chapter-1.html

Meet Anju.
She enjoys singing, exercising, and helping her parents.

Both her mother and father are immigrants from India, and run a strict, orderly household. They expect a lot out of Anju; she maintains a 4.0 GPA and is also responsible for most of the household chores. While Anju knows they have her best interest at heart, what she wants most is to be like the other teenagers at school. She has no time for friends, has never been on a date, or any of the typical teenager things. It's pointless anyway. It has already been decided that once Anju graduates, they will return to India, where Anju had an arranged marriage to someone she hadn't ever met. She thought it was unfair, everyone in America got to fall in love and choose whom they married, why shouldn't she?

Anju sighed as she prepared dinner for her family. Her mother was resting and, as usual, her father was busy with paperwork from the lab. She had already cleaned the house for the week, on top of her honors homework from school. 'This is so stupid! I should be out with friends on a Saturday afternoon, not being responsible for my family.' It wasn't that she took her family for granted, or even slightly disrespected her parents, they had worked hard to come to America and to support her. The lived a relatively simple life as well, Anju wasn't spoiled. 'I mustn't think badly of them, they know what's best for me...' However, she felt she deserved a break. She hadn't left the house except for school in at least a month.

Anju's parents were getting older. Anju was the second child of theirs, but her older brother had died when he was young. Heartbroken, they had waited several years to have another child. Anju's mother had become brittle and sickly, and usually lied around the house instructing Anju what to do. One of the fews times she left the bed was for her daughter's weekly bridal lessons. After dinner that night, Anju asked why she had to take the horrible lessons. "Mother, they aren't even helpful!"

"It's customary for brides to know how to best please their husbands! After all, you wouldn't want to disappoint him in your cooking or cleaning." Her mother insisted.

"Mother, that's in India! We're in America, why can't we remain here?" Anju almost never argued, she learned her lesson as a child. Her parents weren't abusive, they did firmly believe in hitting children to knock sense into them though. Perhaps it was because she had been cooped up for several weeks that Anju had decided to pick this fight.

"Anju! You should be grateful that you are already arranged in a fine marriage! Balan has grown up to be a fine upstanding boy!"

"Mother, we've been over this! I dont' want to marry him! I want to choose who I marry." Anju groaned in frustration.Why couldn't her mother see it as she did?

"That's it. You've gone and filled your head with these silly American ideas! Anjali, you are not American. You are Indian and as such you have a duty to your heritage and family! Girls over here can run around with whomever they want, but you are to respect our wishes. Perhaps we should return to India sooner than expected. You have become ungrateful." Ginga, Anju's mother, slapped her daughter, causing Anju to stumble backwards. Her mother took a deep breath before making her way back to her bedroom to lie back down.

Anju slunk to the floor, fighting back tears. 'I should have kept my mouth shut...Now look what I've done.'
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:28:56 am by twinklelilstar » Logged

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 08:18:07 pm »

I liked this first chapter, can't wait for the next, especially because of your little cliffhanger in the overview!  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »

I am working on the second chapter and it will either be up later today or tomorrow. I'm not sure how long the story will be, but I am very excited so far about it. (Hopefully that won't die out...)

Until then!

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:45:32 pm »

Anju's dad received a promotion, and as a thanks, invited his boss over for dinner. Ray Johnson was known for being 'The Man Around Town'. He had slept with so many women he had lost count. Anju noticed he was very odd upon meeting him, however she was polite and courteous.

"Ahh Anju. It's such a pleasure to finally meet you! Your father has told me what a beautiful young woman you are, and he was right!" Ray kissed the top of Anju's hand and flashed her a devilish grin. Anju smiled, but felt as if she might vomit from disgust. 'Surely, this isn't the man who has courted so many women.' Anju knew one thing: Ray Johnson was creepy and should be avoided.

Unfortunately for Anju, her mother and father failed to see Ray's pedophile nature. She pulled Ginga into the kitchen while her father and Ray were talking. She pleaded with her mother to see the logic in the fact, but Anju's mother wouldn't hear of it. "Anju! How rude of you! Mr. Johnson is a highly regarded man. He is simply admiring you."

Anju tried to reason with her, but she was set on her thoughts. She was happy when her mother told her to go to her room for the night, though frustrated her parents wouldn't believe her. 'They're naive. In India, things aren't like this.'

Regardless, Anju slept peacfully and awoke the next morning feeling happy for some reason. This mood vanishes when she sat down at the breakfast table. Her parents had a serious look on their faces, Anju noticed they looked angry as well. 'Great. I get to hear about how wrong I was last night.' Her father cleared his throat before speaking, which only worsened Anju's fears; this was serious.

"Anju. Your behavior yesterday was unacceptable. As of late, you have grown more and more disrespectful. Your mother and myself are worried that it is due to living here. We have decided that at the end of your junior year, we will return to Calcutta and you shall wed Balan as planned."

"My junior year?! But that's in a few months! That's not fair! I was promised to graduate!" Anju fought the tears, but it was a lost battle. "Mother! Reason with him!"

Her mother looked at her with a hard face. "Anjali, I am just as much for this decision as your father. You are quite out of control and frankly, it has to end."

"I hate you!" Anju ran out of the room and didn't stop. She ran from the house and all the way to school. She received stares from the students, but Anju didn't care. It wasn't fair they had so much freedom they didn't even realize. One girl Anju recognized from Calculus approached her cautiously. "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

Anju managed to smile through her tears. "Yeah, I'm okay...just having a really rough Monday."

Eloise laughed. "It's Monday, what can you expect?"

"I suppose...Well I better go...uh fix my face" Anju waved as ascended the stairs and slipped through the door. This was only the beginning of a long day.

Sorry for the delay! I wasn't home at all yesterday as I was Christmas shopping (last minute) I have the 3rd chapter done however and will post it later
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 02:15:21 pm by twinklelilstar » Logged

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 06:15:06 pm »

My sims game won't load my family D= It will load every other house in the neighborhood, except them. I haven't downloaded any new CC, so until I find out the issue, I can't get the pictures *sigh* It will be soon though! Smiley

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Bookfreak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 07:40:55 am »

Really like it , cant wait to read more.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 09:54:44 pm »

I'd like to say thanks for the positive feedback :] I had to recreate the characters, I don't know what was up, but it seems to be fixed now! So...here's an (overdue) update!**WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS PG-13 RATED MATERIAL. (It's nothing graphic, or remotely so, but I feel I should put a warning in case :]  )

The official link is http://anjusstory.blogspot.com/2009/12/chapter-3.html, but as always I'll post it here as well.

Chapter 3

When school let out that afternoon, as much as Anju didn't want to go home, she knew she would have to sooner or later. Instead of walking home, she took the bus. Upon arriving home, Anju discovered neither of her parents were home. 'That's odd...' She brushed it off and quickly realized they were probably at the embassy or something. 'Were they serious about leaving...?' The teenager decided to not think of it and instead went to focus on her homework.

About an hour after Anju was home, the doorbell rang. She could count on her hand the number of times her parents hadn't been home, and even when they were, she wasn't allowed to answer the door. Anju decided to ignore them, that way they'd just leave. The person didn't leave. In fact the doorbell ringing became almost frantic. She peeked out of the window to see none other than Ray Johnson at the door. He seemed to be growing impatient. 'Perhaps mother and father invited him over again...' Even though Ray was known around town, Anju figured he wouldn't try anything. 'If I don't let him in mother and father would think me rude.' And with that, Anju let Ray inside.

"Mr. Johnson. Come in!" Anju plastered a smile across her face to hide her disgust.

"Ah! Anju! What a pleasant surprise." Ray took a look around the room. Anju noticed he took a step forward, and she took a step backwards out of reflex. "Anju, where are your parents? Surely they didn't leave you home alone."

Anju knew better than to lie, but she felt she needed to at the moment. "They went out to grab a bite to eat. They, um, should be back in a few minutes." She felt very uncomfortable around this Ray Johnson, but she couldn't be rude. 'Such behavior would disgrace your family's name!' She remembered what her lesson teacher had said about curtness. "You're welcome to wait for them, if you like. I'm sure they would be happy to have you for dinner." 'Please say you're leaving. Please!'

"Yes, I suppose I'll wait for them." Ray looked Anju from head to toe, examining every inch of her body. The girl physically shivered from the creepiness of it. Mr. Johnson didn't seem to notice.

"I'll go put on some tea then." Anju tried to hide her disappointment that he was staying. 'Mother, father, where are you?!'

"That'd be lovely, Anju!" Ray flashed her a smile and followed her into the kitchen. As Anju was getting the tea from the shelf, she heard the man behind her. "You know Anju, you are very beautiful."

"T-Thank you Mr. Johnson." Anju was beginning to regret letting the man into the house. She turned around to see Ray walking toward her. She cleared her throat and started walking to the table, but Ray cut her off. Anju looked up to see that the man had a gleam in his eye. She didn't like where this was going.

"Wouldn't you like to go have some fun, Anju? I won't tell if you won't." He grabbed her wrist and forced her to follow him. Anju snatched her wrist back.

"You insolent girl!" Anju was more scared than she had ever been in her entire life. Her wrist ached, but she knew what was about to come next. "How dare you! I'll have your father's job for this!"

The hot tea shocked her more than it burnt her face. She stood there trying to comprehend what had just happened, when suddenly her cheek started to sting.

She shoved him and tried to get away, but he was just as fast. Plates fell from the table and crashed to the floor. Running to her bedroom, she attempted to shut the door, but Ray was much stronger than she. She backed up as he advanced forward."Come on Anju dear! It'll be fun!"

Before she knew it, her dress was gone. And that was only the beginning to the horrible nightmare.

---

After Ray had left, Anju lay curled up on her bed crying. Where had her parents been? She couldn't tell them what happened, it'd only make things worse. She picked up her clothes, which had been thrown to the floor and put them under her bed. Anju got dressed and made her way to the kitchen, where a mess remained. Broken dishes and shards of glass scattered the floor. She quickly cleaned up the remnants and looked around before more tears rolled down her cheeks.

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 10:23:40 pm »

I liked this chapter, there's so many paths this story could take right now!
You update so fast, btw. That's a good thing.  Grin

I need more freetime.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:01 pm »

aww thank you :] I worry I don't update enough haha. I guess I'm more so apt to update because I can't talk to my boyfriend, and I have nothing else to do now. I'm going insane!

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 03:17:34 am »

I really like this story! I'm a new reader. XD

I loved this chapter. That Ray dude gives me the chills. XD
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 01:35:16 pm »

@ Hannahhhhh: thank you! Ray kinda creeps me out as well (he reminds me of one of my teachers) He won't be back in the story for a while though... :]

For anyone who cares, I might start a thread for photo dumps haha. I have a bunch of photos I haven't used Tongue If I start a thread, I'll post the link here. There MIGHT be an update today, we shall see if my computer cooperates haha

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 01:36:59 pm »

Ahh, then I feel better. XD

I think you should. Cheesy
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 02:00:15 pm »

haha I'm going through all of my pictures at the moment. Jeez I have a bunch! >.<

Link to pictures: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108817.0.html  (also in my signature)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:29:45 pm by twinklelilstar » Logged

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: