Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 05:12:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Stranger~: :~ Discontinued  (Read 15012 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dark_jean

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:36:40 pm »

Hi to all!!!! Grin....this is my new and third sim story ever....I hope you like it....all comments are appreciated!!!! Cheesy

And here is a poster I made for the story!!! cool

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:01:30 am by dark_jean » Logged

I am fire...I am life incarnate...I am the Phoenix
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 01:00:21 pm »

It was a great sunny morning in the city of Silverdawn, indicating a great day ahead for the inhabitants. But it was not so for the oldest family living there for the last few hundreds of years – the Winters. Though the sun was smiling brilliantly on the Winter mansion, but the environment inside the residence has been grave since last few weeks.

Rosemary Winter sat in her office waiting for her grandson. The butler, Jeremiah Chaplin, trained through years of experience to not to interfere in matters of such significance, calmly offered her a glass of white wine.
“Madam, master winter will be arriving shortly. I have already informed him to come here as soon as possible,” said Jeremiah serenely.
“Thank you, Jeremiah! Ah! I really needed a drink right now,” replied Rosemary, sipping her drink, “the last few weeks had been very difficult for all of us.”
“I agree, madam. We have seen much better days,” said Jeremiah and he intentionally refused to carry the conversation any further.
There was a knock on the door. It was Jack Winter.

“Good morning, Grandmama,” wished Jack, coming into her office. And he nodded at Jeremiah, who nodded back.
“May I offer you some wine, master?” asked Jeremiah.
“Thank you very much.”
“Jeremiah, make sure that we are not disturbed at all,” ordered Rosemary and he bowed himself out of her office.

“I received a call from Mr. Leung this morning. He asked me if I had followed a breaking news which was aired last night,” informed Rosemary, gravely.
Jack remained silent and took a sip from his glass.
“He also told me Global News channel is going to broadcast a full report on that matter. Would you like to see that, Jack?”
Jack took another sip and Rosemary turned on the TV.

The news anchor started, “...again and again the Winter case is taking new turns. But last night we observed a huge development in the Emily Winter disappearance case as we tried to question her husband Jack Winter, M.D. of Winter Corporation. And this is what he had to say...”

“Mr. Winter, it has been almost two months since your wife has disappeared...”
“Where do you think your wife is, Mr. Winter?”
“Do you think all this will affect your image?”
“Is she in house-arrest?”

The reporters started questioning one after the other. Jack noticed himself getting horribly irritated and he replied angrily to the reporters on screen –
“Why don’t you go and ask her boyfriend where she is, huh?”
Rosemary looked at him and shook her head annoyed. Jack did not look at her.
“Jack Winter’s short-tempered attitude is neither new to us nor surprising on this particular occasion but what he said is absolutely outrageous,” continued the news anchor’s voice as Jack saw himself fighting away from the swarm of reporters, swearing loudly, “Emily Winter the ‘White Mother’ to orphaned children had her own personal marital problems like everyone else. But would it actually lead her to run away with her secret boyfriend that mystery is yet to be solved. Or is it one of the classic stunts carried out successfully yet again by the Winter heir.

“Till now, the Police chief has been unavailable to comment on this matter as it was being followed up as a disappearance case till now. If Jack Winter’s statement is true, then it might not be a disappearance case after all. Then again we find ourselves questioning, where is Emily Winter, even if she is with her secret boyfriend or not.”

Rosemary turned off the TV and faced Jack.
“Well! What have you got to say now, Jack?” she asked grimly.
“I’m sorry.”
“I’m sorry too, for all of us,” she replied seriously, “Even they seemed to remember that you have a problem with your temper but somehow you don’t and you are continuously deteriorating the situation.”
“I had a rough day and all of a sudden they are just asking me all these things...” Jack started to defend himself.
“You are the sole heir of the Winter Corporate, of course you will have a rough day. But that doesn’t mean you go on saying everything to them.”
“It was not my fault,” said Jack.

Rosemary glared at him and he looked away from her. “You are right. It is not your fault, it is mine. And why didn’t you tell me about this incident yesterday when you came home?”
“You were not well so I didn’t want to...”
“And what you have done is going to make me feel any better, Jack?”
There was silence. None of them spoke for a long time.

“I am calling a press conference in two days and I want you to be out of town then. I’ll deal with this matter from now on and you will keep yourself away from the camera. You may leave now.”
Jack got up and as he was leaving Rosemary said, “I am very disappointed with you, Jack. I had great expectations from you.”
“I’m sorry, Grandmama.”
Rosemary went back to her seat and turned on the TV.

“Oh damn! I hate you Emily,” snarled Jack, banging against the wall.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:15:23 pm by dark_jean » Logged

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 12:16:17 pm »

Woah! Mysterious! Well written! Very nice. I want to read more. Smiley

milie529

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 12:58:22 am »

Can't wait to read more!!!!! Grin

Carpe Diem!
Seize the day, life's too short!
Cueille le jour présent, en te fiant le moins possible au lendemain. La vie est trop courte pour ne pas en profiter.
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 02:56:14 am »

Thanks so much for the comments Zorom, milie529!!! I will post my next update soon.... Grin....A belated Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 02:29:32 pm »

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

“Ah! Good afternoon, Mr. Winter! How are you doing?” Robert Carlisle greeted Jack Winter as he entered Silverdawn city’s men’s famous boutique ‘Carlisle Clothing’. The Winter-men have always been loyal to the Carlisle’s since 1853 and never go to any other clothing shops for anything.
“Good afternoon, Robert! I’m fine and how are you? I’m sorry about Mrs. Carlisle. She was such a nice woman.”
“Yes, but she had been suffering for too long. I’m glad now that she has been relieved of her pain,” replied Robert, referring to his late mother and wiping his mouth with a handkerchief.
“Good people never endure pain for long,” answered Jack, “But Robert, I really am in a hurry today. I need a formal suit for a get-together tonight, which is why I had to drop in here quickly.”
“Of course, Mr. Winter! That’s why I was wondering why you didn’t ask me to send my tailor to you. But it is not a problem, I will tend to you myself today as Thomas is out to take Mr. Humphrey’s measurements,” informed Robert, as he directed Jack towards the formal clothing racks, “I believe this get-together is in the honour of Mrs. Humphrey’s return from hospital, hmm?”
“Yes, indeed. I see you keep track of your clients' day-to-day activities, Robert,” smiled Jack, “Actually, Humphrey’s assistant informed us this morning and I had nothing appropriate for this occasion.”
Robert smiled in reply and led him towards the formal section.

After a few hours of trials, Jack was still not satisfied with the suits which were being shown to him.
“This dirty-purple is a new colour, Mr. Winter,” said Robert, as Jack was checking himself in the mirror, “Many of our clients have purchased suits of similar colour to make a difference.”
“It’s good but something is missing. You see, the theme is a little bright so I don’t want to wear pale colours, but this is definitely good,” said Jack, going back to the changing room again.

“This looks extremely good on you, Mr. Winter,” said Robert, in his usual calm voice, “The coat has finesse, which is complimenting you and will go well with the theme.”
Jack was still unsure. He knew his dress was lacking something.

“You should try a pink tie or pale-pink shirt with it,” a woman’s voice came from behind him.
In the mirror, Jack noticed the owner of the voice. She was stunningly beautiful in the green dress and had her black hair tied in a knot and her smile knocked off Jack’s senses for a brief moment.

“Uh-ah! Umm...sorry???” Jack turned around to face the girl, who was confidently looking at him with a smile.
“I think you will look great and different too, if you add a pink touch to this suit,” she replied, looking at Jack as if envisioning him in the suit.
“I don’t want to look weak in the party sporting pink,” said Jack, sternly.
“Just because girls like pink doesn’t make it weak, Mr. Winter,” she continued, still smiling vibrantly, “A man who wears pink and makes it masculine, signifies a stronger personality.”

“I believe it is up to Mr. Winter to decide what he wants to wear, isn’t it?” interfered Robert and signalling the girl to leave them be. She smiled and went back to the counter. Jack stared after her for a long time.
“I have never seen her before, who is she?” asked Jack, as he continued to stare at the girl in green dress.
“She is a very nice girl, Mr. Winter. I apologise for her interference like that. Usually, she isn’t like that, but...”
“I just asked you her name, Robert,” said Jack, crisply.
“She is Emily Rosswell, Mr. Winter. But please do not be cross with her, she needs this job very much. Her grandmother is very ill and requires expensive medical treatments,” said Robert, almost begging of Jack. The last time Jack had asked about one of his employees, he had made sure that that employee left the town in search of job.
“What happened to her grandmother?” asked Jack, looking at a pink tie.
“I think its cancer. And the old-age home is taking care of her as well but they cannot pay for her whole cost, that is why Emily is doing multiple jobs.”
“Is it the Oakville old-age home?” asked Jack.
“Yes, I believe so,” replied Robert, still unsure about Jack’s mind.
“I think she is right, a pink tie would look nice and distinct.”

When Jack was leaving the shop, he told Robert to send a fresh suit to his mansion as soon as possible. Jack noticed Emily making bill for a customer and when their eyes met, she smiled at him again.

“Oh! Good Morning, Mr. Winter! How nice of you to drop by!” greeted Robert, noticing the red rose bouquet in Jack’s hand.
Jack smiled and greeted him back, then he started looking here and there. Then he asked, “I don’t see Emily Rosswell around, isn’t she in?”
“Yes, she is stocking items on the racks over there, Mr. Winter,” answered Robert and grinned at him.
“Do you think she can take an early break if she wants?” asked Jack, now grinning himself.
“I think she can.”

Jack followed Robert and saw Emily talking to one of the sales assistant as she was stocking up the racks.
Jack did not say anything as he approached Emily from behind. And by this time, all the shop assistants were coming down to see what was going to happen.
The shop assistant next to Emily gestured her towards Jack and she turned.

“Emily, I believe we have not been introduced properly. I’m Jack Winter and I would like to take you out on a date if you say yes," wished Jack, holding out the bouquet.
Emily was surprised and just stared at Jack for a while trying to believe what was happening. Her boss was giving her thumbs up and all her co-workers were staring at them now.

She noticed Jack was wearing a pink shirt and he was looking very handsome and manly too.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:40:16 pm by dark_jean » Logged

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:46:17 pm »

I like it so far! <3  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Bookfreak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »

Loving it , cant wait to read more.  Grin
PoppieSkat
Site Santa!

Professional Masochist seeks Narcissist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 06:28:49 pm »

oooooooooo =D =D
I ♥ it so far. Cant wait to see what happens next.

~Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness~
My Tiger is BETTER than YOUR tiger ... Its HUMONGOUS! ;P
dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 01:23:08 pm »

OBretttterBO, Bookfreak, PoppieSkat -   YAY I am so glad you liked the updates....I will try to keep it as interesting as possible with some twists and turns and will post the updates soon....

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 03:08:05 pm »

“Cynthia,” said Jack, irritated, “What has happened that you had to disturb my meeting with the Slaters?”
“I apologise, sir. But it was very urgent,” replied Cynthia, Jack’s personal assistant, nervously and pointed towards Jack’s office, “Miss Mason, from Silver Herald newspaper is here. I couldn’t avoid her; she was threatening to damage your image and attracting a lot of attention in the lobby.”
Jack looked at his office and saw she was sitting there, looking through some papers. He was very angry and irritated. Deborah Mason was the last person he wanted to see right now.
“I’ll handle it, but next time, be sure that she is nowhere near my office or both you and your receptionist friend will be out of Silverdawn before you say ‘sorry’,” replied Jack, vehemently and stormed into his office.

“I don’t like you anywhere around me,” snapped Jack at Deborah, entering his office, “Get out of here before I need to call the security.”

Deborah got up from the chair and smiled mockingly at Jack.
“Try not to get the idea that I like being around you, Jack Winter,” retorted Deborah, “I’ll rather die than do that, but I’m here to congratulate you actually.”
Jack smirked at her and settled on the sofa as her eyes followed him. “Congratulate me? What did I do to deserve this honour, Deborah?” said Jack, maliciously.
“It’s for the publicity stunt which you carried out so expertly last week,” said Deborah, glaring at Jack, “I believe you are now trying to create a sympathetic, cheated husband’s image to gain your supporters' votes, isn’t it?”
Jack sneered at her and said, “Come on, Deborah! Look at me; don’t I look like I was cheated? Well! At least, I can say all the credit goes to your friend, won’t you agree with me?”
“Just shut up, Jack!” roared Deborah, “How dare you suggest something as cheap as that about Emily? You know perfectly well, how loyal she was to you even if you didn’t care about her. She was always faithful to you, Jack.”
“Oh my! I don’t believe I’m listening to the crap you are saying,” jeered Jack, as Deborah continued to glower at him, “don’t tell me your friend didn’t tell you about her and Alex? I believe you know him as well, don’t you?”

“There was nothing between Emily and Alex,” snarled Deborah, “They were friends and nothing more than that. And you know that they were close, which is why you are telling all these things publicly.”
“I have proof of their affair you know, want to see them?”
Deborah curled her lip and looked away from him. Jack seemed confident about what he was saying, it enraged Deborah even more. The assistant outside the office was trying to make out whatever was happening in the office, but Jack’s office was sound-proof.
“And what kind of proofs have you manipulated this time?”
“I didn’t need to manipulate anything,” replied Jack, calmly, “but if you insist, I must tell you about the plane fares, which needed some manipulation to get the information. And right now, I don’t have the photographs; I might post them to you if you want.”
What? Explain yourself, please,” asked Deborah, confused.
“Alexander Gates left for Mexico two months ago; I think you already know that,” informed Jack, looking at Deborah, “Four days before he left, your friend had purchased tickets for Mexico as well for herself. Police Commissioner Bentley will provide you with the rest of the details, which he got from Alex’s office about his so called work there and from Emily's travel agent. Then you can be sure of what your good friend and my cheating wife had been capable of.”
Deborah was still not looking at Jack but she was thinking. Jack knew that she still did not believe a single word he had said.
“Can you leave now? Because I have to get...” and before Jack could finish, she interfered.
“You know, I believe you Winters are capable of anything,” said Deborah, “I want Emily, Jack. I don’t know how you will do it, I just want her in Silverdawn.”
“You are the journalist here, Debbie, you should...”

Don’t call me Debbie,” snarled Deborah, “But I believe, asking your precious grandmother where Emily and Alex really is, might do as well, don't you agree with me? She’ll definitely be knowing everything.”
“Don’t you dare involve my grandmother in this, Deborah Mason,” growled Jack, pointing at her, “That might be the last thing you do in this city, remember that. And get out of here right now.”
“I can see you’re still the favourite puppet,” scoffed Deborah, smiling, “But you remember this Jack, I want Emily. And if you don’t find her soon, I’ll make you very, veryunhappy.”
“I’m already unhappy,” replied Jack, and Deborah stormed out of his office without looking back.

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 12:42:19 pm »

The Plot Thickens!  shocked
Deborah is very pretty! Smiley

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 07:17:48 am »

Thanks Zorom...I'm glad you liked the update...and Deborah too!!!!!!! Grin

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 04:51:18 pm »

“I don’t know, Lily,” said Francesca Rosswell, Emily’s grandmother, “I believe you are not thinking about it.”
“No!” retorted Emily, merrily as she kept looking at the stairwell, “I know what I’m doing, granny. Believe me; he is the right one for me.”
She smiled at her grandmother. Francesca was very unsure.
“It has only been two months,” she said, “Your grandfather and I decided to marry after eight years of knowing each other, when we were ready. You’re rushing things.”
Emily looked at her grandmother and smiled, then she said, “I know I am rushing things, but they can help you with your medications, granny.”

Francesca looked indignant and replied hotly, “If you think I will take their money to stay alive. Lily, you are very wrong. I never want to live when I know you are not happy.”
“Why do you have so much grudge against them, granny?” asked Emily, seriously.
Francesca Rosswell looked away from her granddaughter. All her friends at the Oakville old-age home were dressed up nicely, since the Winters were coming to pay a visit to them. Francesca had a bad feeling about it and she had the same feeling before her son and his wife died in an accident ten years ago. She would not risk losing Emily too.
“You wanted to see me getting married, didn’t you, granny? Now, I have found the right groom for me and he is going to make our lives better, you’ll see.”
“The Winters don’t exactly have a good past, Emily,” answered Francesca, firmly, “Their family has a scandalous past. I am not sure I want you to go into that family. Don’t you see, Silverdawn city sits and stands on their orders?”
“Past is past, we need to look into the future. Just meet them, I’m sure you’ll like them,” said Emily.

“Oh my goodness! The Mayor is so stylishly on time,” exclaimed Bertha, Francesca’s friend, “I am going to vote for her surely. And Jack is so devilishly handsome, Emily. I envy you, child.”
Emily and Francesca saw Silverdawn’s most likely mayor-to-be, Rosemary Winter and her grandson, Jack Winter slowly descending the stairs with majesty as they greeted and wished as many people on their way as possible.
“She’s won this election already, you know,” said Francesca, as Rosemary and Jack greeted and shook hands with most of the residents of Oakville old-age home, but Emily was not listening to her as she was very excited.

“Mrs. Rosswell, it is a pleasure meeting you,” greeted Rosemary Winter, honey dripping from her voice, “This is Jack Winter, my grandson and I believe I do not need to elaborate any further about him and Emily.” And she giggled very unnaturally.
“Greetings, Mrs. Rosswell! I have heard so much about you from Emily,” said Jack, shaking hands with her, “I think she forgot to mention to me that she has inherited your beauty.”
Emily laughed. Francesca smiled in reply and did not say anything. Rosemary sensed something was wrong and immediately said, “Emily, why don’t you go and introduce Jack to everybody, who love you so much around here? Jack was looking forward to meet them, you know?”
“Sure, why not? Come, Jack! They were so excited you know, when I told them you were coming to visit us...” and Emily took Jack away to introduce him to everybody who lived there. Francesca and Rosemary were left alone together.

“She looks so happy with him, doesn’t she?” asked Rosemary, calmly, “they make a great couple and she’s going to be very happy with Jack.”
“Convince me, Mrs. Winter, why I shouldn’t believe that your grandson wants to marry a dying old woman’s granddaughter for you to become the mayor?” asked Francesca directly without any hesitation, “Especially with the media covering this news so prominently that your opponent does not even look like he stands a chance.”
Rosemary smirked and pointed towards Emily and Jack. “All right then! I’ll drop the act. I have agreed to pay for your medications, Francesca, if I can call you by your first name,” she said, softly, “My doctors say that you don’t have more than a year left to live. I know it is hard to accept but it is the truth, which is ugly and you know that too. And I believe you love your granddaughter, don’t you?”
Francesca did not reply but stared at Emily in silence.
“I take that as a yes, you love her very much,” continued Rosemary, after a minute, “My grandson likes Emily if that is what you want to know. And he was the one, who brought your condition to my notice. If helping you is going to help me win this election, Francesca, why shouldn’t we just agree to this marriage? I must tell you that Emily has refused to take any help as an act of charity or sympathy. Only if she is getting married to Jack, then she'll agree to take our help to make you live longer, that is for a year maybe.”
“I don’t want Emily to be played with by your family,” whispered Francesca.
“Emily will be treated lavishly when she is married into our family,” said Rosemary, and pointed again towards Jack and Emily, “After you die, I’m sorry to say this, but do you want Emily to recover on her own or you want her to be a part of a family who can help her move on? And from what I have heard, Emily is very sensitive, is it? Your death might strike her very harshly, do you know that?”

Francesca looked at her granddaughter. She looked so happy, in fact it has been long since, she looked so happy and relieved. Jack was holding her tightly in his arms as if he is already taking care of her. But it was happening so quickly, Francesca was continuously succumbing to her bad feelings about the entire thing.
“We have not told her about your condition, Francesca,” said Rosemary, “We are not going to tell her anything at all. So, for Emily's sake, please agree to this marraige.”

“Will she be happy?” stuttered Francesca after a very long silence and on the verge of tears.
“Of course, she will be,” said Rosemary, lightly, “Please don’t worry about her. Her life just couldn’t get any better.”

dark_jean

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 03:57:24 pm »

“So what, Esther? It won’t hurt taking a look in his room, you know?” exclaimed Shannon, the new house-maid, cutting bread for the Winter’s breakfast, “I’d just peep in and nobody will notice, I promise.”
“Then its better if you just quit,” replied Esther, the Winter’s cook, “There’s a lot of people out there who would replace you in one hour’s notice, trust me.”
What is wrong with you? Don’t you want to know what happened to her?” retorted Shannon, wiping her sweat as it was hot in the kitchen, “I mean it could be so scandalous. Do you know how much the paper-people are going to pay if we can give them some inside information?”

“Yes, we know that, Shannon,” answered Jeremiah, putting the grocery in the fridge, “but we have been through the thick and thin of this family and will do anything in our possible way to keep it away from them.”

“I’ve been working in this family too long for this kind of situation, girly,” snapped Esther, waving the cooking spoon at Shannon, “The last maid got herself fired because she became a detective for one of those paper-people you just mentioned and she lost her job and her landlady suddenly didn’t want her in her house anymore. I hope you don’t want to follow her foot-steps.”
“These are powerful people, Shannon,” reasoned Jeremiah, calmly with her, “You just don’t want to be in their bad books. Esther and I have known that too well for us to stick around for so long in this house. They don’t like outsiders like us interfering, it’s very simple.”
“But that woman has been missing for too long, if you haven’t noticed,” Shannon argued back, getting tremendously excited now, “Emily’s disappearance is just not making any sense. And there is this guy from this paper who offered me two hundred bucks for just getting him something good. How can I say no to him? And he was kinda cute, not that I want to date him or anything.”

“Who’s getting two hundred bucks?”
Everybody turned around. Beth Winter walked into the kitchen as usual to check on the breakfast, like every day. Jeremiah smiled and wished her before bowing himself out of the kitchen and went to set the table. Shannon was so horrified as her appearance, that she turned bright red and grinned widely at her and almost ran out of the kitchen after Jeremiah. Beth wished Jeremiah and smiled back at Shannon, surprised. Then she went to the stove to check on the tomato soup.

Beth Winter was Rosemary Winter’s son, Dennis Winter’s widow and Jack’s mother. She was too simple for the Winter family’s grandeur and her down-to-earth attitude made her stay away from the media most of her life. Even when her husband died in a terrible car accident twelve years ago, she was so afraid to face the media that she did not attend his funeral. And people had talked a lot about it then and they said she did not fit into the Winter family at all. But she loved her family very much. When Emily got married to Jack, she was overwhelmed with joy for the first time in many years and immediately took Emily as her daughter than daughter-in-law. So, Emily’s leaving them so unexpectedly had struck her very hard. She did not talk to anybody for weeks and stayed locked up in her room for most of the time crying. Jeremiah had told Esther that he had heard Beth crying in her room at nights. And it was almost after a month after the incident, she started coming out of her room for a change.

“So how are you today, Beth?” asked Esther, looking directly at her and the look on her face was so rigid that Beth smiled at her.
Esther had been doing that every time whenever Beth came into the kitchen and since they were on good terms with each other, Beth always looked up to Esther as her elder sister. Esther was the one who made her feel at home when Beth got married to Dennis Winter. The house had seemed to be too empty at that time and though she came from a well-to-do family still she had found it difficult to settle down initially. But Esther had been her friend and companion throughout all these years.
“You know, Esther, we are still trying to cope up with the situation,” she replied, her voice quavering with emotion, Esther noticed that and patted her shoulder, “I just cannot believe Emily’s not around. She used to keep the environment so pleasant and full of joy. This house doesn’t feel the same anymore to me. I don’t like it here anymore.”
“Don’t say like that,” said Esther, massaging Beth’s shoulder, “we don’t know what was behind that innocent face of hers, Beth. Maybe it is true, she ran away with her lover. She wasn’t exactly happy with Jack; you know that, so does everybody.  She had made it public so many times, embarrassing your family.”
“I'm just bringing myself to believe something like that, Esther,” said Beth, looking away from her, “But I don’t like being here. I feel like there is this huge hole punched right through my heart and...”
Beth looked away and wiped her tears. Then Esther, holding Beth by the arms, said, “You still have your family, Beth. You have to take care of them now, be strong. Even if Jack puts up this strong attitude of his, acting as if he doesn’t care, but he does, you know that? He needs you by his side now.”

Beth smiled weakly and released herself from Esther’s grip and asked her to send her breakfast to her room. She said she suddenly was not feeling well and wanted to lie down.
After reaching her room, Beth started sobbing very hard and she looked at her wedding picture, by the side of her bed, and said to her husband’s picture, “Oh Dennis! I’m so sorry; I couldn’t keep my promise to you. Please forgive me!”

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: