Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:25:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help adding sims to already full lot from neighborhood  (Read 1889 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BUGGINBABS78

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:19:53 am »

Ok, I searched and I could not find the answer. So how do you add more sims to a full household from the neighborhood view?Huh?
I looked over at mts, where I got the lot full o sims mod, no luck, the post that had the info that I wanted was deleted. So thats why I'm here.

TY

Babs Rock

:chainsaw:
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:40:39 am »

Adding sims to a household isn't an issue regarding your game, it's an issue regarding your rig. On average, the standard set up for a PC
(2GB of RAM, Graphics card with Pixel Shader etc) can handle a decent amount of on screen simmage. But if you're like me, on an older rig (My PC is at least 8 years old and only runs of 512MB of RAM) having more then 10 sims on a lot is a bain to one psyche. So before you go looking for codes, mods or anything that will help add to your ability to add more sims to a lot, check your hardware and see if it's up to snuff.

Now, let's say you're hardware is good enough to handle the work load. Then the problem is simple, you need to get more juice out of your set up. How do you do that???

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,105572.0.html <<<-CLICK ME!!!

My tutorial on how to increase virtual memory (VM) for Windows XP. At the bottom of the post there's also a link on how to do so on Vista. Follow the steps posted within to pump out more power and improve your PC's performance. That should in most cases alleviate the issue of not being able to have enough sims on a lot.

BUT...

If you've done both previously mentioned tasks, and it's STILL not letting you add sims to your existing, jam packed families...Here's what you're looking for...

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640 (You have to join MTS in order to download...)

This bad boy allows you to add 50 FAMILY MEMBERS (30 sims and 20 pets) to a household. PLEASE read the description on the mod in full before putting it into your DL folder. All risk in adding this mod to your game are solely on you to take, so make sure to find out how to work it, where to install it, and it's limitations, conflicts and so on by reading the description. Also...to be safe...go ahead and increase your VM with my tutorial regardless, because if you're gonna be adding anything more then 10 sims to family, your rigs gonna need some serious performance enhancing. (It'll be just like a MLB player. Grin SHWEET!!!)

Good luck, and happy simming.

BUGGINBABS78

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:14:46 am »

Ok, I probably should have said i have the lot full of sims hack already. What I need is how to do the work around for adding sims from family bin to a house that already has 18 sims, lol. And on a side note, my rig runs fine with that many, thats why I want to add more.
I am doing a college rampage type dealy, so I am seeing how many sims I can get to have a A+ and make the Deans list.

PS, the reason I ask over here is because Im here lurking more than Im over there (mts) lurking. lol.

Ok, noobish question, where and how do you put the userstartup cheat? I've never done it.

tia,

Babs
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:02:58 pm by BUGGINBABS78 » Logged

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:10:42 am »

To enable moving in sims in excess of eight, to include from the Sim Bin add these three lines to the beginning of your userStartup.cheat:

uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

You can change the TotalHumans and TotalPets lines but the must add up to TotalSims.
BUGGINBABS78

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 04:48:45 pm »

YAY

I looked it up on the wiki, ty both for the help.
Who knew it was so simple?
lol.

Babs Rock Embarrassed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: