Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:12:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Brrr It's COLD!!  (Read 13531 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »

The area I lived in got hit with freezing temperatures, snow, sleet, rain and ice starting Thursday (day before Christmas). We're still getting snow on and off.

These are the pics I took and had my partner upload them from her computer. Then I converted them and uploaded them to my account to share with you guys what Mother Nature and Father Winter had in store for us:

Pointing to about 3-4 feet of snow

I look like Dana Carvey from Wayne's World!! Arrgh!

She's trying to throw a snowball... MISSED! Tongue

MISSED AGAIN!! You ain't an all-star pitcher. Tongue

We managed to get our aqua-colored (blue) car into the parking lot where there's less snow to worry about.

Our street

What Father Winter and Mother Nature left us with..

Street and parking lot below with lots of snow..

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:22:27 pm »

The last Decembers, the snow has been more or less absent - at least around the 24th and 25th. But this year it has been snowing like crazy. It was already 15-20 cm of snow on the ground (before the roads were plowed, of course), and just this evening another 15-20 cm has been added to it, since there was a mild snow storm earlier. Not sure if it is still going on, though. But I'm not at all surprised if there's half a meter of snow, or maybe even more, tomorrow...
I'm almost wondering if we're approaching another ice age...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 07:40:04 pm »

Maybe but this year has been fairly wet this in this area. We live out in the Plains between the Rocky Mountain range and Mississippi River where we usually have windy weather on top of what Denver send us. They get snow, we get snow. They get wind, we get wind.

The cold weather and this much snow arrived in the middle of winter, but we'll see how long this last. Usually the snow and all this muck will be gone in a week. I admit I was hoping for a cold winter very much like what I had as a kid with near zero temperatures and tons of snow. Just once is fine with me. Heh!

What part of the country do you live in?

As for the ice age? Who knows? I tend to read news about the climate, weather and other things that contribute to the way the world changes by climate and temperature.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 08:08:08 pm »

I'm originally from, Pittsburgh, and I don't miss it one iota.

If I want to see snow, all I have to do is, step outside and look at the mountains. That's good enough for me.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 08:20:35 pm »

I'm twenty miles east of the Big Muddy over in Illinois, originally from Iowa, so I'm used to some winters being nothing much and then others being like something a woolly mammoth would feel at home in. I will say, though, the older I get, the less I seem able to tolerate the cold and heat. Some of that is the thyroid disease, some of it is just preferring to stay indoors where I control the climate. I'm odd that way. Grin

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 02:08:41 pm »

Not odd at all Paden.  At least not as far as that goes.  Each time I've moved, I've moved further south.  Started in northern Illinois, then Des Moines, Iowa (ok, not really that far south), then Kansas City, and now Nashville, TN.  Since Des Moines, less cold, less snow, shorter winters, and a chance of 70 degree weather in February.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 02:22:15 pm »

We've had only a little dusting of snow this year. Christmas started out foggy as heck and then cleared up to sunshine. I'm not complaining, considering the dumping we got last year (which lasted well into March of this year).

Oh, and shouldn't this be in the General Discussion area instead of General Sims discussion? (Since this doesn't have anything to do with sims?)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:47:12 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 02:27:23 pm »

Hah! Snow! I want snow! You're lucky, girly -- the only thing we've had lately is thunderstorms. We got about an inch of snow the other day, but that's it. By this time each year, we're usually buried under a foot or two of snow.

...and it probably should be in the General Discussion area. But, I'll let Chaavik move her own thread. Lazy Jenna is lazy. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 04:33:47 pm »

*waves from cozy corner* Lazy, sick panther is lazy and sick, sorry... Chaavik, we need moved!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 09:27:48 pm »

We got a bit of snow the other day, in the area around Detroit-ish, but now it's been melted away by rain...boohoo... I love snow I can't wait for mire, usually there is a little bit by now!

Find me on moonlight <3
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 10:45:04 pm »

It snowed here on the Virginia Coast a tiny bit. To the point that it was melted everywhere except for the roofs. At least, it was when I woke up at 9:30 after sleeping in.
Ahh well, still hoping for more.  tongue
Chaavik, you have more snow in 1 square foot than I've seen the entire time I've lived here, (2 Years)  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 10:46:07 pm »

Blame it on my eyes.. Thought it was in General Discussion. *Drags the thread over there*

It finally stopped snowing this afternoon. The sun came out.... Hisssssss... Too bright!! That's the one thing I don't like about snow.. When the sun comes out, the snow's brightness blinds me and everybody else.

I haven't seen this much snow in years. Cheesy

Dancing Squirrels
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 10:55:36 pm »

Yeah, snow blindness is really annoying. When I went snowboarding last year (we went to a Ski place in the center of Virginia, with snow!  Grin) and I decided not to wear my goggles while snowboarding. Haha, I was blind for like 5 minutes when I got back to the snowboard rental place. Everything was so dark!  tongue

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 12:49:41 am »

I hate snowblindness, the worst is after snowboarding (or skiing) you take off your goggles and BAM all the sudden there is this super bright snow! It burns. Lol.

Find me on moonlight <3
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 01:03:01 am »

Hahaha. Oh yes, how I love snow glare...especially when you're driving down a slick asphalt road with the sun directly in your eyes.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: