Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:55:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brrr It's COLD!!  (Read 13522 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:45 am »

We're still getting cold temps. Right now, it is 5:39 AM and the temp is 1 degree F without the wind chill factor. And we have wind outside.. So it's bitter cold out there right now. I would've been more involved with winter sports if I didn't live in areas with warmer temps. Who wants to ski down a grassy hill? Tongue

I keep telling my partner (who lived here all her life in the KC area) that it is how winter is supposed to feel with negative temps, lots of snow and bitter winds. That's my kind of winter.

Oh, in Soviet Russia, Winter runs you!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 12:40:49 pm »

I blame all of this on Ali, because she kept ordering snow for Christmas 08 and never got it, so it must have been on back order. Hey, Ali, they got your damn snow in stock!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 05:03:34 pm »

It's been so bloody cold here, I've just been hibernating this whole weekend with the paramour.

...although I am happy to see snow for once. We got thunderstorms for the holidays, and a dusting to start the new year out with. Now we FINALLY got snow! Cheesy

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 05:56:56 pm »

We got no mere dusting, we got DUMPED on. I don't think Nature loves us, for some odd reason.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 08:45:51 pm »

Currently -8 C. I have the heat on hearly the highest, but it is still cold inside. Not sure about the weather outside, though, because I've been hibernating in my apartment for the past three days with the curtains drawn (so as not to let any more of the heat escape). I'll not be surprised if it has snowed even more, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 09:40:36 pm »

We're supposed to get more flurries tonight, along with minus eight degrees Fahrenheit temps, so as you can imagine, I pretty much want to stay in bed until I feel better but that isn't allowed.

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 09:47:08 pm »

Err... I've gotten nothing.  Undecided
I hope you feel better soon, Paden!

It's been about 20 degrees the past two weeks. But the sky's SO clear, and it's obvious I won't get an snow anytime soon. Something amazing though, we have this lake that froze over, surrounded by forest nearby my neighborhood. We were driving home after a little shopping trip, and a see a frozen lake surrounded by trees at sunset. It's pretty amazing, the sun was behind the trees and striping the sky with yellow, mixing with the completely clear blue sky, making a beautiful greenish blend across the horizon. The ice was a giant reflective sheet over the lake, it was an amazing sight. I wish I could save what I see with my eyes, like a camera. Because you simply don't have enough time to pull out a camera everytime you see something amazing. The best I can do to share this scene is my writing skills, which aren't exactly the best.

I need more freetime.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: