Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 01:52:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF hair textures?  (Read 3152 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Faylen

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:51:49 pm »

I'm kind of hoping that somewhere someone has a catalogue of Nouk or Pooklet textures as a standalone, so I don't have to copy a whole bunch of bits and pieces from all their hairs (and download a bunch more that I don't necessarily want just so's I can get the textures.)  Yeah, I'm being lazy.  I could make my own textures, but if I had a whole bunch from the same creator, then I could make all my hairs matchy-match with so much less effort!  TIA.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 10:36:25 pm »

Pooklet's textures are on her Dreamwidth. Links to old and new textures in the first post.

You might want to browse through this thread on GOS. It's a hair texture sharing thread and you might find other textures you like.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:01:44 pm »

Thanks for the links, Engram!

I've been looking for a source for hair textures too!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Faylen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 02:48:35 pm »

Thank you kindly!  I had found her Dreamwidth page, but couldn't find links to the hair.  You have saved me much trouble!  Ditto GOS, I've dl'd stuff from them, but didn't see a link to just textures.  Spend enough hours in a row surfing and downloading, and you lose you ability to recognize links to things you really want, I think.
Faylen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 03:13:57 pm »

And more thanks. . .I got some good links here!

Nouk textures:  http://www.sendspace.com/file/yhgrm0

Pooklet's link had links to her tutorial, Azaya's, and bosie's, so there's loads of good information right there!  I'm good to go!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 04:28:28 pm »

Spend enough time surfing and downloading and you'll lose the ability to load your game, too. Cheesy Done that myself years ago when I had a totally P.O.S. computer... And Faylen, I am looking forward to seeing what you do!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Faylen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:17 am »

I'm very sad right now.  I have everything I need except a more recent version of PhotoShop.  The liquify tool in CS works on only a single layer, without the layer mask, so if you try to warp a texture to fit a section of hair, you're doing it totally blind.  I wasn't getting the kind of results I wanted by manually painting the hair on, but it seems it's my only option unless I can come up with a few hundred spare dollars.  (Ha!)  I'm very sad.  I have a couple of Kavar male hairs, love the meshes, hate the textures, so I never get to use them in-game.  I'll figure something out, but it always seems that I spend so much time looking for ways to save time!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:26:37 am »

There's a number of free photo/picture editing programs available.  I've used GIMP so long I don't remember how to use Photoshop.  A Google search will bring up an number of options available to you.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 11:45:48 am »

For image editing, I use Paint.net, which is almost as good as Photoshop from what I'm told and is massively easy to use. Just Google it and you'll find it. Or, I could do it for ya and throw the link right here. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: