Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:12:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 Patches  (Read 4663 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:01:56 pm »

Someone graciously passed along a link to a site hosting the older patches for Sims 3 as well newer patches for Sims 3 World Adventures.

If you don't want your game to automatically update via the launcher, you can open the launcher and go to Updates. Uncheck the box to disable the automatic updates.

Then make a shortcut to the game exe from the Sims 3 or Sims 3 World Adventures directory:

XP users:

Sims 3 path:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Sims 3 World Adventures path:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin

I personally use TS3booter from Pescado's site that literally boot the game. I made a desktop shortcut with that installed just like I would with the game exe.

NOTE:

Vista and Windows 7 players may post the directory paths for others to locate if they have either Vista or Windows 7. I don't use either Vista or Windows 7.

Onward to Patches:

Okay, the patches are available at SimPrograms. You will have to choose either Sims 3 or World Adventures as your latest install.

I hope you will find this useful information to get Sims 3 the way you want to play. 

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:05:24 am »

The Sims 3 Wiki Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch Download http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download is now the best place to get patches if you are manaually installing them. SimsPrograms no longer hosts the latest patches because he doesn't have the room to host them on his server.

Any time you predict failure you have an excellent chance of being right - Dexter Morgan (Jeff Lindsay)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: