Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:33:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new laptop  (Read 2130 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
moo-moo

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2009, 08:55:37 am »

Hello there.
I bought a new laptop about 3 days ago and have since been downloading custom content,now,to my problem.
Nothing that i download for create a sim works!!!,clothes,accessories,hair,make up, none of it.
can anyone tell me why this is happening?.I have a feeling that it may be something to do with the fact that the laptop is windows 7 and for some unknown reason bodyshop isnt available.
If anyone can halp it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:31:35 am »

I don't think Windows 7 is the problem, I'm running windows 7 on this desktop and it work flawlessly. They did change the filing system a bit from any windows OS before. Where exactly are you extracting the files?

I don't know anything about bodyshop not showing up.  Undecided

I need more freetime.
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:43:32 am »

i made a downloads folder in the EA Games documents.
That's what i did when i was on XP and vista aswell though so i/m not sure what i'm doing wrong.
well thank you for your help
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:20:09 am »

Did you use a capital D on Downloads?
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:43 am »

You made one? Ok I think I know what's going on here. Lemme guess, your EA games folder was empty? and you might have 2 of them?

Here's how they reorganized the windows 7 filing system. If you access Documents through the start menu, it actually brings you to a library, which, by default, has two locations shown to you at the same time. More Info.

Anyway, it automatically indexes (pretty much combines) 2 folders into your documents library. It indexes your personal documents folder and a public documents folder. This public documents folder isn't being used AT ALL by me. But it still gets an EA Games folder. Possibly leading to two showing hen you open up Documents. If I'm right, you put your downloads in this folder. Well, copy your downloads into the other one, which should has a ton more files in it, and it should show up.

If your like me, you have no use of that public documents folder. Open up your documents and click the "2 locations" link in it.

mine only says one because we're going to tell this library to stop showing us the stuff on the other documents folder.

You'll get this screen. Just go ahead and click the public documents folder, and click remove. It should look like my screenshot when you do that.
Note: This does not delete the public documents folder, it'll still be there. It's just not going to annoyingly combine with your documents when you open it up.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:25:29 am by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: