Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:56:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 for Xmas, already back to Sims 2... :[  (Read 16427 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DreadWizardDM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 08:35:44 pm »

I remember when TS2 came out, and honestly it was not until OFB was released that it really started to fly.  That is when mods galore started coming, many if not all the bugs were fixed and modders had a solid grasp on what they were dealing with. 

I would expect it will be the same for TS3, its going to take at least another year before we really start to see the game get good.  I like TS3 but as it stands it is just lacking in so many areas.  It need to build upon all the strengths of TS2 and then it will be awesome.  Imagine going back to the original sims right now.. you would look at it and be like "ewww.. horrid" when compared to TS2 currently.  In a couple years people will have that same feeling about TS3 vs TS2 is my guess.   But as it stands "for now" TS2 is the better game.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »

Um, yeah. For Sims 3 there is already one expansion pack out and a stuff pack, right? It's had mods galore since it hit due to people like Pescado, Delphy and many, many others trying to improve the overall barf making appearance of the pudding heads. Sometimes, it works. Other times, not so well. You takes the downloads and you takes yer chances, I guess.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 11:50:17 pm »

I enjoy playing Sims 3, maybe you're just not on the right sites while looking for Mods.

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 04:52:11 pm »

I still cannot get over the fact that they built a neighborhood that is not accessible. Your sims go in places but you do not get to see them in those places. Who came up with that? Or was that just an exchange for an open neighborhood?  Even still, I can visit every single one of my neighbors.  huh
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »

The thing was developed to be installable on very old low end computers. Not necessarily playable or enjoyable. It was all about the sales figures and Humbles ego,hence the millions spent advertising the tripe.
The popularity of the sims ensures that the thing sell itself and doesn't require a massive advertising campaign, but there was something on the nose with this one, far to many negative rumors, securom,the new EULA, the store, TSR. collusion, permanent Internet connection just to list a few.
The seamless neighbourhoods ensured that buildings couldn't be accessed as in previous versions of the game, otherwise the minimum system requirements would be on par with something like Farcry. Hardly something that was going to sell a questionable game.
Rest assured all the eye candy etc. will come in due time. Then it'll be time to replace those old Pentiums for those that can afford it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: