Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:12:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SimPE First Timer  (Read 3471 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Monk420

FEAR ME FOR I SHALL RULE MY SIMS!

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2010, 03:27:59 pm »

Hello to all of Insim and happy new year! Well as a new years present to me and (hopefuly) to every one else i was going to start making custom content for every one, unfortunatly this is my first time with SimPE, so I was wondering if you guys can tell me what i need for it and a good and easy tutorial is welcomed to. Will someone please help me with this?

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »

SimPE isn't an easy tool to work with, but if you have time and patience, you will be able to manipulate the stuff from Sims 2 in no time.

The best place to start is the tutorials at MTS where you can find a variety of tutorials not only for SimPE but for other programs used for Sims 2.

Then IS has more tutorials here that you can browse to get a solid idea what you can do with SimPE.

And of course, there are plenty of tutorials at SimPE you can look up on different things too. It's not easy to find the tutorials, but I went ahead and linked to a series of tutorials. Here are the tutorials you can browse and understand what it takes to edit something in Sims 2.

Good luck!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Monk420

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:54:33 pm »

Thanks Chaavik! Wow that was a fast response. shocked

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:35:38 am »

It's possible to make a lot of recolors without ever touching SimPE by using Homecrafter and Bodyshop.

Homecrafter, available at the official TS2 site, will allow you to create and package your own floor, wall, and terrain recolors.

Bodyshop will allow you to create recolors for a number of items used on the sims, in particular clothing using EA or custom meshes.

But if you are thinking recolors of many of the build mode items, windows, doors, fences and gates, SimPE is needed for those.

The MTS tutorials are very useful in leading you from the simplest projects (walls and floors) through the more complex ones.  Don't overlook the Create section of the site as many tutorials and helpful tips are located there, too.
Monk420

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 05:18:04 pm »

Thanks! I just mainly want to do cloths right now then work my way up to packing sims, then meshes, and mods ect. But I prob wont get to it until about a week family is gonna keep me busy. But thank you all for helping me!  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: