Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:26:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combo Mod Request-OFB fixes  (Read 11219 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Xordaii

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »

First, Thank you Thank you to Squinge, Chaavik, and anyone else who makes mods for us to use.  I love all the ones I have downloaded so far!

I may just need pointed in the right direction, having missed something that is already there, but I have searched for a few days now for a solution, so please bear with me if there is already a solution.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Patron Buy
Group ID: 0x7FDE81DC
Instance ID: 0x00002007
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\ofbfixes.package
\downloads\shopnosaveitem.package

1)  I have UNI, OFB, Pets, SSN, and AL, with HMF, TSS, K&B, and IKEA stuff packs.
2)  I would like to have shopnosaveitem in my game, because it works the way I play, I want playable characters in my game, but I don't want them to go broke.  That is the # 1 concern atm.
3)  Looking at both JM Pescado's ofbfixes, and shopnosaveitem, on the surface the problem is they both include a fix for bag throwing.
4)  Ofbfixes has a few more fixes in it:
1. Servers no longer forget about a customer forever if interrupted by
   something after taking the customer's order: When the server resumes his
   task, the customer will be delivered his ordered food.
2. Fixes catch-22 situation associated with trying to sign up at a bandatron
   where you can't move to the bandatron unless you sign up but you can't sign
   up or even go home unless you move to the bandatron.
3. Foods now respond to "Set Price of Type".
4. Reporters no longer spawn an erroneous "change wage" dialog.
5. Fixed "who are you trying to call" when checking in with a manager at an
   owned community lot.
6. Fixed horrible lag caused by ghosts trying and failing to use elevators.
7. Customers bag throwing will no longer occur immediately due to route
   blockage.  Standard timeout duration now applies instead of immediate
   throwing merely because some other sim obstructed the line.
8. Robot stands must now hold the correct robots to restock. Munchies no
   longer restock as Sentries, Hydros no longer restock as Cleans, and
   vice-versa.
9. Fixes the "double pay, double decay" fix with businesses that causes the
   remote payout popup to appear twice in succession, before you can reasonably
   check in after the first popup.

Includes:
antibagthrow.package
bandatronmovefix.package
missingmanagerfix.package
noghostelevatorlag.package
ofbminifixes.package
remotebusinessfix.package
robotrestockfix.package
waiterfix.package
5)  I realize this is someone else's mod, but what I am asking for is an alternative to JMPescado's ofbfixes if one exists, which does not conflict with Squinge's mod.
6) I love the idea here too: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,105631.msg1538136.html#msg1538136

So my problem is:  I would like to use all of the fixes. Is there a way that is compatible with each other? I use the HCDU a lot, and it seems to only be that one BHAV, but I don't yet have the ability to fix it myself.  If a compatible solution already exists, once again, I would be very happy for someone to point me in the right direction Smiley

Thank you very much! <O.o>    severely confused wolfie is grateful.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 02:17:02 am »

That is a definite conflict because both mods edit the same BHAV. It's a matter of choosing one or the other if you don't your playable Sims to go broke or to buy anything.

I have Pescado's ofbfixes installed and know what it does. I use Simwardrobe (SimPaladin)'s CustomersLeaveAfterPurchase-Playble-DontGoBroke mod from Simwardrobe that works exactly the same as Squinge's mod and does not conflict with Pescado's ofbfixes mod. Simwardrobe's mod only edit the part where playable customers don't go broke when they "purchase" something. So no bag throwing part in this one.

When you go to Simwardrobe, click Sims 2 on the left side menu and then choose Fixes. Then select Open For Business Fixes. Scroll down almost to the bottom and you will see that mod I mentioned.

Let us know if this is something you were looking for to resolve the conflict.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Xordaii

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 01:38:50 am »

YES Chaavik!  That was exactly the advice I was hoping for.  I have other's by SimPaladin.  I will go pick up that one.  I think I bi-passed it because I had Squinge's and hadn't yet put in any of JMPs mods. 

This is a totally new install, and I had to wipe my windows after it became corrupt last month, taken me this long to get everything back up, so now looking for mods.  My kids spent their Christmas money to help fill in the gaps we had in the expansions (well, so did I some Cheesy ) so this is going to be an install I archive and back up somewhere, so I don't have to do this again and can copy to their computer after install.

Edit:  According to SimPaladin's info, any fix for the two behaviors will edit the same long BHAV, and he has included the fix in his mod, too.  So will this cause a game crash? Or from what you are saying, it should be safe enough to play with?  Another thing I was going to try was removing that BHAV from JMP's mod.  Think it will blow up from space? Cheesy  I don't really know if he has used it for anything other than the one fix in his file.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:00:53 am by Xordaii » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:53:54 pm »

No, both worked fine for me in my game setup. HCDU did not report a conflict between Pescado's ofbfixes and Simwardrobe's customer fix. And if you try editing either one, hope it doesn't explode visibly from outer space.  Grin

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Xordaii

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 12:12:18 pm »

Grin yeah I was kind of expecting large fireballs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: