Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:55:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems modding Warlokk's CPU with Al's shoes  (Read 4699 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheNewGuy

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2010, 03:13:33 pm »

First off, thank to Warlokk and Al for making their work available to us.

SO here's my problem. Following Al's instructions from his website, as well the the tutorials over at MTS, I've learned how to successfully add Al's shoes to the Maxis mesh. Great, right? The problem is, I'm modding Warlokk's CPU to Al's shoes and when I import to bodyshop and the game, no more CPU. And to add insult to injury, no matter what I've tried, if I add Al's shoes to the fat mesh, the entire body from the knees up becomes unassigned.

I am using the most current versions of Milkshape and Simpe, have downloaded all the recommended plug-ins, and use GIMP, and Corel 12 (still learning it though-I like GIMP better) for the textures.

I get the feeling I'm missing something simple, but I can find it in the tutorials. Can anyone assist me with this?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:57:16 pm »

I think i know wat that step is Wink
If i understand correct you want to clone one of Warlokk's CPU meshes but want to update it with AL's shoes right?

*first you clone a outfit with bodyshop, either a default Maxis mesh or Warlokk's CPU
if you want the same textures as on the CPU body then clone the CPU outfit.
*You can close bodyshop now and open Simpe, in Simpe you click new and use the PJSE tool to make a new mesh package.
*Give that mesh its own ID and save it
*Open your cloned outfit and use PJSE tool again to link your new mesh to your outfit.
*You now have created a custom outfit and mesh BUT new created meshes are always build from default stuff so in order to see the CPU shape you need to open Warlokk's mesh and extract the gmdc, that gmdc(mesh) you can import in Milkshape , were you attache AL's shoes.
When done you import it in your own mesh package

Oh, and the morphs are always unassigned, they use the the bonesettings from the base mesh. Wink

No longer active
TheNewGuy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 05:02:15 pm »

Thanks Bloom, going to try it now. figured out the fat morph issue, I kinda scanned that part instead of reading it....
TheNewGuy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 06:28:20 pm »

I must be tired, I haven't got it to work. They weren't kidding when they say meshing is frustrating! Funny thing is, it looks like less than a 5 minute process to make a modification like this without the fat morph, and about 10 mins with.

So what the heck am I missing?

Extract the 4 files from the original file. Check.
Fix the 4 files. Check.
Save as a new package. Check
Link the original file to the new one. Check.

No issues with this so far. I'm extracting from the "savedsims" folder.

Now, when exporting from BS, I'm naming the file "shoes1". This is the original CPU mesh. I haven't touched this file (projects folder) since I cloned it. I take it I need to extract the GMDC from this file?

If so, in SimPE, I just need to extract the 4 files, then extract the GMDC? Or do I need to go through the fix routine first?

I swear I'm going to get this right...
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:27 pm »

Not sure wat you mean by extracting the 4 files?

Now, when exporting from BS, I'm naming the file "shoes1". This is the original CPU mesh. I haven't touched this file (projects folder) since I cloned it. I take it I need to extract the GMDC from this file?

No, that is the cloned CPU outfit wich is still linked to Warlokk's original meshfile(wich will be changed the moment you link your package to it)
But you need to find his original meshfile also
That is the one you want to edit in Milkshape and need to load into your own package!!
Gimme a bodyshop screenshot of the CPU, i might know wich meshpackage you need.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:16:03 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
TheNewGuy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:21:45 pm »

Bloom,
Sorry for the delay, there's a 12 hour difference between the states and here.

Not sure wat you mean by extracting the 4 files?

I'm referring to the GMDC, GMND, CRES, and SHPE files, sorry about the confusion there.

I'm pretty sure the file your talking about is this:MESH_afBody_CP_ShortDressShoes which should be the dress in this SS:

One of OneBlondeMomma's dresses.

I tried extracting from the above file, but when I imported to Milkshape, it errored out.
TheNewGuy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 04:22:07 pm »

w00t! I got it!!! Was too tired last night!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 06:07:19 pm »

Cool, try using the PJSE tool in the future, it works 10 times quicker! Wink

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: