Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:01:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvine Skirt and Heels for Rengal  (Read 5286 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 11:17:04 pm »

I've been trying to covnvert Marvine's skirt and heels for the Ren gal. After playing with Daz, I couldn't get the poser meshes to work even though I followed the tutorials closely. So I decided to edit the mesh by hand. Everything is going well except for the breast area. Is there any way of "color-coding" the meshes so that I can align the chest area better? I'm having a hard time distinguishing the breast vertices from the vertices of the back. For example, if the original Ren gal mesh is blue and my new mesh is yellow, I could then make the necessary changes easier to give my new mesh the Ren gal bodyshape.

No man goes before his time - unless the boss leaves early.~Groucho Marx
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:28:55 am »

Giving the default Maxis body the rengal look is best done with the use of Warlokk's magnets but you need Poser for it.
I did make a few similar meshes for the Rengal, maybe these satisfy your needs?
Neither do i have a problem when you want to use these and add Marvine's heels to it.
These are complicated files tho!! Look for the multi meshes
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,676.0.html

No longer active
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:51:47 pm »

If I were to add marvine's heels to your Rengal multialpha dress, how do I make a recolor for it?

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:57:51 pm »

If you can open that mesh in MS.....i am not sure.
You might have to delete the shoes within Simpe before you can import the mesh in MS
Leave one shoe to see how i added them, it all works a bit diffrent then on normal meshes.
This is because it has to many meshgroups, just to inform you.

Recoloring these meshes does requiere some experience but if its to difficult use one of my outfits. Wink

On the other hand, if you did see a default mesh that you want to be Rengal shaped i can apply the magnets on them if you like.

No longer active
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 08:51:39 pm »

I've been able to open multi meshes in MS, that's not a problem for me. But as you said I may have to delete some shoes to add marvine heels. Will I have to connect joints?

Actually, I have several meshes in mind that I want for Rengal, but I want them all to have fat and preg morphs Cheesy. Netra has an open policy for her meshes so I have begun a long project of scaling down my fav meshes from her collection to the Rengal shape. So far I think I have scaled most of Netra's meshes to Rengal. To complete my project, I wanted marvine skirt and heels for Rengal because I had film noir type of story I wanted to write. I know me, as soon as I see a mesh I like I'll want it for Rengal and I'll come nagging you to do it for me if I ask you to convert a default mesh for me now Wink To stop that madness before it begins I'm trying to learn to do it myself even if it's the hard way Grin

I'll try adding marvine heels to the alpha dress tomorrow. I'm more alert in the morning and will be able to concentrate better. cool

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:29 pm »

I started once the same way, editing default meshes to fit Warlokk's 40DDD
A huge ammount of work....today it takes me 10 minutes to look up a mesh and run it through Poser to apply some magnets on them.
Dont hasitate asking, its done in a sec....there will be plenty of fixing to do after they come out of Poser.

My alpha and mulit meshes do not have a fatmorphs becos i lose track with all the meshgroups and beyond 15 you cant export anyway...

Unfortunate Marvines heels are unique in several ways, it was one of the first and coolest high heel meshes arround but the nifty part are the bonesettings..
She adjusted the foot/ankle/calves/knies and thighs bones to get a perfect animation...so yes you need to do some adjusting.
I did use her shoes on a few meshes and remember i had a hard time to make it work with the alphapants and skirts

No longer active
nikkidanielle
Head Banana Sundae

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 06:03:39 pm »

I did try today but all my results ended in the mesh always coming out funky. Either all I got was a floating head or the shoes would disappear. Anyway I used a mesh of Netra's and have something similar that I'm satisfied with at the moment. I have to work on the recoloring of the shoes of the mesh as apparently I keep recoloring wrong parts. Thanks for the advice and help, Bloom!

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:48 pm »

The reason those things are happening is most likely cause of using my meshes/outfits.
I always renamed meshparts, both in the mesh and outfitfile.

You best start with one plain meshgroup in Milkshape, call it body(top or bottom) and attache one pair of shoes, also called body(with its correct comments!)
Clone a basegame outfit, wich is always linked to plain meshes that only contain meshgroups like top/bottom and body.
When you are a bit more advanced you can have a look at the basegame nighty, a mesh with more then one meshgroup in it.
My meshes have multiple meshgroups wich make them harder to work with...

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: