Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:27:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twinks!  (Read 8979 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 02:10:47 pm »

Rabidangel, I'd LOVE that - if you and I both find the time, that is, but it would be great if we managed it Smiley
Feel free to PM me anytime!
rabidangel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 11:10:11 pm »

Awesome!
I'll be in touch, but you feel free to PM me as well!
Question, do you know how to make a whole body mesh out of those two separates?  I've never done it, but it'd be cool if it were possible. I know the difficult part will be the bone assignments.  I am not up to date though and am wondering if there is now a more automatic way, rather than having to do this all manually.
I've tried adding both separate gmdcs into a full body mesh, since obj files don't seem to have the bone data. I wanted to try this so that all of the mapping and categories would stay consistent. Eventually I planned on tossing the original body once the two separate parts were in there, but wes_h's plugins always give an error (after the warning that adding another gmdc could make the mesh unstable, heehee...I had to try..LOL)
Does that make sense to you?  I'm still trying to make sense of it myself. :/
Another thing that separate parts method would be good for is using the top on all of the other bottoms meshes, so that they're always consitent.  What I've done with all of my athletic meshes was a very long process since each time I made a new mesh, I did the top all over again trying to get everything as close to the original as possible.
It always looks to me like your amazing meshes are made from the same "base mesh", so I'm hoping you might be able to enlighten me about how to do so.
Otherwise, I can just send over the files and you can work your magic and make any changes that you'd like.
Anyway, I'm excited to do this project with you! I think it'll be lots of fun!
Take care.
-Wesla (aka RabidAngel Wink)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 11:14:14 pm by rabidangel » Logged
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 04:11:52 am »

Well this was a real pain until recently... I used to extract (or make) the bottom as an obj file, import it in the top gmdc - and then manually reassign the bottom (the reason I chose the bottom as often as possible is that the assignments are much more complex on the top).
Now, with the latest version of the Unimesh plugins it's just a matter of copy/paste; you still get a warning when importing a second gmdc, but then you're asked if you want to keep the additional bones - if you don't, the new part will be automatically assigned to the existing skeleton, and you can regroup,change the name to "body" and edit the group comments. Then you can use Demon's extended edit tools and the Unimesh bone tool to fine-tune anything: assignements, seams, normals, uv-coordinates...
At this point, I'd say that everything is allowed, you can seamlessly combine as many parts of different meshes as you want - except that I noticed some unstability with an intensive use of Demon's tools when performing heavy surgery on a multi-group and multi-morph mesh, which seems caused by a memory issue in Milkshape; and these are powerful but dangerous tools if you're not extremely careful. Smiley

PMing you to plot things. Cheesy
RMarques

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 01:03:11 pm »

rabidangel and marvine working together? YAY!!! *runs around the room madly*
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: