Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:29:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need your help!  (Read 2507 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
elliott

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:44:10 am »

Hello fellow simmers Star Wars I am having an issue! A disclaimer: I've looked everywhere online and I can't seem to find this particular issue but if it has been resolved and i'm overlooking it, please forgive me.

i have the clean installer program so i never have to install items manually, and for every SIM i download with it it works beautifully. However, when i try to install anything like makeup, hair, or mods i always get an icon that resembles a blank piece of paper and when i click on it it says: " windows cannot open this file...what do you want to do?" I click the " use the web to find the correct program" and no matter what windows can never find it Undecided Please help me!..im using Vista, could that be the problem?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 11:48:28 am »

Moved to General Sims 2 help since this isn't a site issue. Wink

The only thing I personally ever use CI for are sims2pack files. Anything else I just install manually.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
elliott

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 12:13:51 pm »

Well when i try to unzip it thats when it goes to the empty paper icons so i cant install it manually even if i want to.. its like there isnt a file there at all when i know that isnt the case.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 12:38:07 pm »

I can't for the life of me figure out what you mean by an empty paper icon.  Could you post a picture?
Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 04:54:35 pm »

I think elliott means he's looking at the .package file and left clicking to open it, rather than to install it in downloads, but I may be misunderstanding this. Undecided
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 05:09:54 pm »

Those are .package files. You put them into the Downloads folder yourself. Clean Installer only deals with installing Sims2Pack files. It unpacks them into .package files. Look in your Downloads folder. You will find a tonne of those "piece of paper" icons. If you enable viewing file extensions, you will see that they are .package files.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
elliott

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:12:37 pm »

ok i will try this. thanks for all your help everyone,im barely getting time to try  and fix it now cause its 8:00 pm here in iraq but ill give it a wirl! YAY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: