Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:47:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No "get a job in <insert career track name> career" wants for elders  (Read 6409 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Amalia81

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:49:40 am »

Self explanatory.  As far as I know, there isn't a hack out there that nukes all the annoying "get a job" wants that elders roll as soon as they quit or retire from their job.  I'd like to make a request of the Master for something along these lines so my elders can actually enjoy being retired.

EP's/SP's I have:  University Life (Uni, Ikea, TSS), NL, BV, OFB, Seasons, H&M, FT, AL, Pets, GLS, FFS, and M&G.

Thanks in advance!
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:15 am »

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=287360
This mod may be of help, it says no sims will roll these wants so should work for elders but I don't know if that's too wide for you, you may want other sims to have the want.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:35:14 am »

That mod will nuke the job wants, but I don't know if it works for just adults or not. It is a perfect mod for when you want to play a "period" hood or a "themed" hood like a pre-Civil War era or a Star Wars neighborhood.

But do keep in mind that any mod editing the wants and/or fears will conflict with other mods editing the same thing. It's one or the other.

Try Phaenoh's mod first and let us know if that is what you're looking for.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Amalia81

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:52:54 pm »

I took a look at Phaenoh's mod but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.  It looks like it nukes all career lifetime wants as well as the wants that roll up in the wants panel.  I have Squinge's mod that reduces the lifetime wants (max out 5 skills, etc.), so I'm afraid it might conflict.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:33:09 pm »

Try Pescado's ltwvariety (I think that one deals with lifetime wants and add a bit more variety) and/or wfsanity (that particular mod edits the wants and fears to be more logical with a number of checks against personalities, careers and whatnot). Both of them are available at MATY under Pescado's Sims 2 section.

Try that and see if that will clear the job wants for the elders. Send me a PM if that doesn't fit your needs.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: