Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:22:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Respawning professors in Uni  (Read 4269 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sedezu

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »

This is driving me insane!  Explode

I've got the mods like notownieregen, nodormieregen, etc. But every single time I enter a uni residence/dorm, a zillion new professors respawn. I have to keep going to SimPE and deleting 300 stupid professors at a time! Why is this happening? Does anyone know? I've searched all over the internet for a solution, but it's hopeless. Even when I used the "moreawesomethanyou" mods that are meant to fix this kind of thing, the moment I enter a uni residence the game goes into professor creation overdrive...

I think I'm going to wipe out the entire neighbourhood if I can't solve it.

Help me, insimmers... you're my only hope...  Star Wars
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:51:53 pm »

Just how many hacks do you have? Could it be possible that something is conflicting somewhere? Want to track it down? Go here and run this to find out if there is something going on that you aren't aware of. Hope it works for you!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:11:39 pm »

Just so you know, the mod Paden is talking about from the site she linked to is the Hack Conflict Detection Utility. You will find it under Sims 2 > Programs. One caveat. It looks for hacks that modify the same GUID and thus have the potential to conflict, but keep in mind that the programs it finds aren't guaranteed to conflict. It's good for giving you a starting point, though. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Sedezu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:13:44 pm »

Thanks for the prompt responses. I'll take a look and get back to you. Cheers!
Sedezu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 05:51:31 pm »

Ahh well, it was a good idea, but no cigar.

The only possible hack conflict is between my "Servo change appearance" hack and my "pregnant sims wear any outfit" one. I've had them for ages, so that can't be the problem. My multiplying professors only just started in my new neighbourhood.

Any other possibilities? Thanks, by the way.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 06:40:36 pm »

Things that haven't conflicted before can create small errors in game that finally culminate in an explosion. With that said I would take out those two mods and see if that fixes the problem. My only other thought at the moment is to ask if your game is patched.

Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »

One other possibility is that you have an out of date mod in the game as well. The only way to check for this is to track down your various hacks and mods and look at the site they came from to see if there is an update for your latest expansion.
Sedezu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:01:36 am »

caffeinated.joy:
Patched? Like the no-cd crack? I bought the game legally, but I downloaded the no-cd crack so that I could play without the cd when my sister is using it. Would that affect it much?

Alasdair:
That is a good idea, too. I've updated my hacks now just in case, because I forgot which versions they were. I'm just about to try the game now, so wish me luck!
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:11:55 am »

The patch she was refering to is the one that Maxis released for each expansion pack.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:55:26 pm »

No, I don't mean any cracks (which we don't support here in any shape or form, even no cd cracks) but the patches EA released to fix bugs in their games.

Sedezu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 05:10:27 pm »

Oh yes... *coughcough* ... of course, no cracks...  Nail Biter

I got the patches from the official website, but it turned out I already had the latest updates. Another good idea down the drain...

I think I might just go on a killing spree. I've started kidnapping uni professors and holding them hostage on the roof of the dorm. It's more fun than deleting them all from SimPE every time I exit the game...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:34 pm »

Have you downloaded any custom lots in the past?  In particular from the Exchange?  Many custom lots on the Exchange haven't been cleaned up properly and may capture a number of mods that were installed in the creator's game when the game was packaged.  Then they are installed into your game, without you realizing it.  EPs are added and what may have worked perfectly fine, then starts to not work because of these unknown mod being out of date.

I don't recall HCDU ever picking those mods up, but then unless you have a mod that conflicts with some thing it modded, it won't.

Pull out Clean Installer (www.modthesims.com) and have it scan the Downloads folder and any subfolders.  Then sort by Type and look though the files that have no type for file names that are 32 hexadecimal characters (0-9,1-f) long.  There's a good chance those are these unknown mods.  Pull them out of your game by using Clean Installer to disable them, delete them, or move them to a folder on your Desktop so you can investigate them later if desired.
Sedezu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 07:03:22 am »

I went on a custom content annhialation mission, got rid of anything I didn't desperately NEED need. Tried all the ideas in this thread. It seems now that my professors stop spawning at 47 for some reason. That's an improvement. So whenever I get rid of some of them, they respawn until there's 47 total again.

Thanks, guys, for all your helpful tips. I can cope with 47 professors Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 09:29:32 am »

The game spawns 27 professors for one campus.  If you have more campuses active the number will increase by roughly the same number, so 47 sounds about right for 2 campuses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: