Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:59:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I really need an easier way to raise or lower sim reputations...  (Read 6068 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tawney

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:05:48 am »

I just recently installed AL (I now have AL, Pets, and NL) and for some reason I have the hardest time raising this one sim's reputation. It just stays the same no matter what I do... And I've searched all over for a cheat object that can modify your sim's reputation in an instant, and have found absolutely nothing. I practically scoured every inch of MTS2 and anywhere else I could think of. So someone, pretty please make a buyable AL cheat object that can completely lower, maximize, and refresh a sim's reputation? I would be so grateful! And so would my romance and popularity simmies!

If someone has already made this (didn't find the right thing when I searched this site) then please give me the link because I am very limited to sites. Headwall
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:41:50 pm »

Try Squinge's Reputation Gain/Loss On All Lots mod for AL. His mod makes it easier for your Sims to gain or lose reputation quickly on all lots: home, community and otherwise.

Let us know if that will work for you.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Tawney

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 04:25:51 am »

I tried to use the mod you suggested but it doesn't work well for me I guess. My sim still isn't raising her rep very fast and I would like to just raise it immediately if possible.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:05:01 pm »

That mod does work. You just need to have your Sim do more social interactions with other Sims such as Entertain, Hug, Talk, Play and other social interactions not listed here. There is no other mod that will let you drag the reputation bar up or down that quick as far as I know.

Squinge's mod gives big boosts to the reputations fairly quick.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 05:39:16 am »

I second the "fairly quick" assessment of this mod. I was having trouble raising a sim's reputation and this mod made it literally zip up. It just takes a little bit of effort on the player's part to queue up a bunch of interactions rather than waiting for the sim or mod to do all the work.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:04 am »

You could always get the Insimenator found on this site (SIM version is nice) and purchase the hacked objects from buy mode. There, the hacked object that looks like a bundle of party balloons is the social adjuster. You can tweak your Sims rep to however you please. I do this all the time because I have loads of popularity Simmies.
Also, it has a lot of hacked menus in the newspaper hacked object, which makes things a heck of a lot easier.  Grin
Hope I helped.

You can find it here, only DOWNLOAD one file or you make break your game!:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,100226.0.html

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 03:11:22 pm »

Insim does NOT have the option to adjust the reputation, nor has it been updated for Apartment Life or Mansion&Gardens. I don't know where you were getting that information about Insim being able to adjust the reputation like that because frankly, it doesn't have that option. The creator left the site long before Apartment Life was released, and he didn't bother to fix the previous problems reported by various people with Insim since BV and maybe FT. The mod may work up to FT with some issues but definitely not up to AL/MG.

So no in short. You'll risk ruining your game using a questionable mod that hasn't been updated for AL or doesn't have the options/features to do exactly what you were looking for.

Squinge's mod does work, I keep saying that because I used it before. The Sims gained/lost their reputations very quickly with the positive/negative social interactions on all lots (home, uni and community). It was so easy with very little effort. Just direct your Sims to interact with other Sims.

Dancing Squirrels
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 05:37:25 pm »

Chaavik- My game works fine. I have all EPS and Mansion and Garden Stuff. Please don't think I'm being rude- but it works. Also there IS. It is only there if you have AL, though. I did my homework before posting this. Please don't think I'm being rude- but for once, I'm sure I'm not talking out of my hat.   Lips Sealed

And, if you don't believe me, perhaps you could test it out yourself, if you wanted to.

*Edit:
Phew, I'm glad. Sometimes I accidently sound rude when I don't mean to. :-) Thanks for apologising.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:47:20 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 10:36:29 pm »

Chaavik, version 2.9 had been updated to AL compatibility to some extent.  The Social Adjustor has an option for Reputation (set positive|set negative), Witch Titles, and Witch Effects.  Even so, I still consider it a use-at-risk mod simply because it was untested and Eric took the money and ran right after publishing it.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:51:40 am »

I see. Well.. Use it at risk, but we still don't provide support for the mod if a problem should arise with that particular area. I don't use Insim because 1)Eric sold the original site, took the money and ran off after he uploaded version 2.9 of Insim, 2)He hasn't fixed most of the existing bugs reported for FT, and 3)Insim caused problems for me in my setup to an extent that I didn't want to risk losing my 'hoods over for a bug that existed for a long time.

I preferred Sim Blender because it's one object with a lot of good stuff to choose from. I know someone requested an option to adjust the reputations for Sim Blender at Simbology, but TJ had other things on the plate I guess.

Squinge's mod does work. I wonder if he/she (the OP) has another mod that might conflict or cause the Sims to not gain/lose their reputations easily. I used his mod before and found my Sims to be maxed out already with their reputations by the end of the day the first day they move into their new homes straight out of CAS. I do have my own version based off his mod that slows down the gains/losses of the reputations. This is handy if Pescado's Enemies mod is installed. Works well hand in hand.  Grin

No, you weren't rude. I do apologize though for jumping the gun.

Dancing Squirrels
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 03:27:48 am »

Please take note, as Chaavik and ancienthighway have said, the Insimenator mod is a use-at-your-own-risk mod. It's hosted here as a courtesy to those who still want to use it, with the caveat that it is unsupported and we can not offer support for it if you have problems, beyond suggesting you remove it from the game. The OP is free to choose what they want, but it is far better to use mods that are confirmed to be supported and are still being updated by their creators.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tawney

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 05:57:17 pm »

Thanks guys! I have used the insim before but I must not have been cautious enough about the mods. It did mess one of my games up at one time but somehow I fixed it. I'll first try using it on my other sim file that I use for testing these sort of things. Wink I'll let you guys know if it works for me.

EDIT: It works!!! Perfectly too, without messing my game up. I actually like it better than inteen now. Thank you so much!  YAY
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:41:36 pm by Tawney » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 07:10:36 am »

Good to know it works better than Inteen, but.. Inteen is actually a package of mods to enable teens and YAs to have children, families and marriages.  Grin

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: