Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:31:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims wont practice Martial Arts  (Read 8944 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 09:21:31 pm »

Pescado's Awesome Mod section

Or if you don't like the aggressive/militaristic approach in Pescado's mods, then you can look at:

Twallan's NRAAS Industries section

One of his mods is less aggressive/militaristic with quite a bit of features that are similar to Pescado's Awesome Mod.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »

I'd suggest you continue this part of the discussion on via pm, OK?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 10:25:13 pm »

Right, we were getting rather off off topic Tongue my bad. I think I'm just gonna go back playing the sims 2 till the next expansion comes out...again. Thanks for your help guys

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 12:40:47 am »

I don't know about any new EP being slated for release. HEL was a surprise to me when I found out only a month ago that it was going to be released.

If you want to ask me more, send a PM to me if you want. I didn't want to be blatantly obvious about certain things.

Sorry that you couldn't get it to work for you. Sad

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »

I don't know about any new EP being slated for release. HEL was a surprise to me when I found out only a month ago that it was going to be released.

believe me, I can wait. This isn't as painstaking as waiting for a sims 2 expansion Tongue

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:35 pm »

I had the same game not loading problem after installing patch 2.4. etc.  I now have h.e.l.s. and it loads without connecting to E.A. for a patch. (so far) I've also had a sim play with a martial arts trainer and that works fine. So getting my game to load for about $20 was worth it. However I have found one very minor issue with h.e.l.s. (unless it's some mod I have) my sims LOVE to prepare food with whipped cream from a can huh
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 07:10:46 pm »

Aquarius, did you update Sims 3 to 3.1.x recently?

The reason I asked was because of a warning a member from Simbology gave out regarding the latest 3.1.x patch. He said there was a bug involved with the latest patch, and that -if- the game was left unattended for awhile, it can become unplayable. Also mentioned that if the game was played in Window mode, and if the player tab out of the game clicking on anything outside the game, the game becomes unplayable.

I am wondering if this is the issue you're experiencing unless you didn't patch to 3.1.x.

Dancing Squirrels
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 07:30:24 pm »

Yeah I got the latest patch, that must be the problem. Leave it to EA to make a patch that actually makes your game worse  WTF

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 12:40:35 am »

Okay, uninstall the game and whatever EP/SPs you have. Clean out the registry before you do a new install and go to Sims 3 Programs to download the separate updates up to 3.0.x and install them yourself. Then go into the Launcher and disable the autoupdate feature.

Try that method and see if that will work for you. My game is updated to 3.x.x. I was about to update when I saw Madcat256's comment about the latest patch at Simbology in the Sims 3 section. If he didn't warn us, I would have had the same issue too.

MAKE SURE that you save your game saves and your mods to their own folders on the desktop that you can access. The site does give you thorough instructions saving your mods and game saves before you update the game by hand.

I forgot to include a link for you to go and download the individual updates for Sims 3:

Sims 3

This has several patches going up to 1.10.6.004017

World Adventures

This has several updates going up to 2.4.004017.

High End Loft Stuff

*This has two patches going from 3.0.004001 to 3.1.004001 and from 3.0.004017 to 3.1.004017

My latest game version is 3.1.004001. I haven't updated to the latest patch.

The above will give you the updates you need to update by hand. Go up to 3.1.004001 and stop there. Test to see if your game will run at that point. Let us know how that works for you.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:58:05 am by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: