Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 04:55:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: I Had the Baby!!  (Read 17125 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 04:18:55 pm »

You already got two boys don't you Miriam? If you do, then you're like my mom lol. She wants a daughter so bad, but already has had me and my brother. Every now and then she'll mention she wants a daughter, but then tells herself 2 is enough.  Grin

I need more freetime.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 04:44:48 pm »

That's what B tells me, "Two is enough." and it is for now. I don't want to have another baby by birth. We do plan to adopt another baby in the future, but this pregnancy was a little tough on me, and taking care of two small children is a slight challenge. I'm grateful that B is such a good, involved daddy.

I'm extremely lucky to have the best of both worlds. Last night, I had a dream that my daughter (as a baby) told me that she wanted to be a "good" artist when she grew up. As soon as I woke up, she was making little "Uh huh" noises. I guess that means no scribbles or squares on a canvas for her in the Museum of Modern Art.

It's weird that I do that, dream of my kids' possible careers. Rosie's was a little late this time. Before I had Daemian, I dreamt that I was in labor with him and an adult version of my then-unborn son was a male nurse standing beside me on the other side of his father saying, "You can do it, Mom."

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 08:17:00 pm »

You're not alone Wink. I had dreams of my second little girl twice before she was born, only I could only see her as like a toddler.   

When she was born she had the head full of jet black hair I had dreamed of but looked like my spouse--by 4 months old, she had changed completely and looked exactly like the toddler in my dream.  Weird how that happens huh?

Rosalia is absolutely adorable Cheesy.

Sims by Dasi:

ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 05:06:57 am »

Lol, I've got 3 boys Carl-I just don't know how to make girls.  It's not a good idea for me to have any more either (3 C sections already ) so I make do with the second hand joy of others and their little girls.   

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 01:13:11 pm »

Actually miriam, scientifically speaking, it's the man's sperm that determines the gender of the baby. It has nothing to do with the woman. The man's sperm either has the X chromosone for a girl or an XY for a boy. Some men produce only one and can't make the other. Like this one guy that my grandpa knew, he had 6 daughters and was never able to have a son.

Turns out that the French king's wife (I think it was Anne Bolyn) was executed for something that wasn't her fault. One of them was excuted for not bein able to have a male heir to the throne...they just threw in a bunch of other accusations so that the trial would follow through.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 01:46:12 pm »

Actually that was Henry VIII (King of England). He went through a whole passel of them, though he wouldn't have been the first male in history to blame his wife for having girls. LOL.

My father couldn't have a son no matter how hard he tried. He had four girls, and would have kept trying, but my mother had to get a hysterectomy, so that kind of waylaid that idea.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 01:55:49 pm »

Oh yeah! You're right it was Henry VII, hence that song about him. If only people didn't think scientists were total quacks back then. Poor women.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2010, 06:24:49 pm »

Henry did have a son with his third wife, Jane Seymore (which killed her), King Edward VI, 1537-1553. He died of tuberculosis, which left his older sisters to inherit the throne.

Queen Mary (later known as Bloody Mary), the product of Henry's first marriage came to the throne upon his death and she was married to Philip II, king of Spain. She proved unable to have children, which could have been a good thing, I dunno.

After her passing, Queen Elizabeth I came to the throne and history was made. She never married but rumors abound about that. Hope you took notes, because there may be a quiz at a later date. Cheesy

For those that like gossip/theories, it's been posited that Henry suffered venereal diseases and such, which affected his wives and the children he got them with, which caused so many of them to be miscarried or stillbirth. Or it could have just been the general lack of prenatal care and crappy nutrition, we'll never really be sure. (It's also said that supposed diseases affected his sanity, as well.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:31:42 pm by Paden » Logged

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 01:30:47 pm »

Wasn't one of the supposed diseases Syphilis? I read about that in school, but they never came out and openly said it was Syphilis, but I research a lot of weird things, and the symptoms seem to match up pretty well.

Paden you must have taken some great notes in school. That's a lot of info to retain. Why was it that they called her "Bloody Mary"? I thought it was because of the bathing in virgin blood, but that was Elizabeth Bathory. Man, royalty was pretty effed up in the head back then.

One of the King Henrys (I think it was the same one, VIII) was insane toward the end of his life. He was in a carriage, going for a long ride in the country. He had his driver stop, and he got out, walked a couple yards and had a significant conversation with a tree. Poor nutball ended up killing himself by sticking himself with a pen-knife over 40 times.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 02:07:44 pm »

I'm an avid fan of history, which is where my knowledge comes from, personally. The Renaissance (which the Tudor era fits into) happens to be one of my favorite eras to read about. Henry VIII's character has always sparked my curiosity, so I've done a lot of research. He was, in his youth quite an athlete. We see him in paintings as a rather robust, overweight man, but that was in his later years. Paintings of him in his youth look the way they do because it was the cut of the clothing he wore. Athleticism was admired, so the clothes were cut make a man's shoulder's look broader and the calves of the leggings they wore were often padded. Henry VIII was 6'4" and the armour he wore in his youth showed a waist measuring about 35 inches. His last set of armour showed a waist of about 59 inches. He was also an incredibly intelligent, well-educated man who was meant to join the church, not become King of England. He has one of the best kept medical records of the time, but nothing has been conclusively decided about how he died, though there were obviously (to me) a lot of contributing factors.

In spite of how history paints him he was rather benevolent and kind when he first took the throne. He had smallpox at 22, but was never scarred by it. In his early 30's he contracted malaria, which affected him for the rest of his life. In his mid 30's he was in a serious jousting accident and hurt his leg. It healed, at first, but then reopened a few years later and became ulcerated. This was also when the first of his migraines started. His personality changed in his late 30's and he became the volatile, merciless man history paints him as today. He had another severe jousting accident in his 40 (around 44 or so, I think) that left him unconscious for at least two hours. His recovery left him suffering from violent fits of uncontrollable rages, bouts of insomnia, painful sore throats and continued migraines. By the time he reached 54 he could barely walk and had to be transported everywhere by sedan.

He could very well have died from syphillis, but he also displayed symptoms of Type II Diabetes and Tuberculosis. He was also suffering from a massive infection in his legs at the time of his death, caused by the severe leg ulcers he had. The ulcers, paranoia and mood swings could indicate syphillis, but it hasn't been proven. The mood and personality changes are just as likely to result from head injury, and ulcers could have been from diabetes. A person with diabetes finds himself slower to heal, and injuries (even a small bruise to the skin) can ulcerate, even after appearing healed. Keep in mind, too, Henry VIII didn't 'sleep around', in spite of what we're told now. He tended to marry the women in his life.

LOL ... wow ... talk about a side-track, huh? How's the wee one doing?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 02:23:34 pm »

Hehe, tell me about it. We really should open up a "weird facts/history" thread to go nuts on.

She just finished eating. She's like her father and brother, both of them LOVE food. Hopefully her metabolism will be like her dad's too. That man can eat nothing but garbage and not gain an ounce of weight. He'll down a pizza, fried quesadilla rolls, a small bag of chips and a soda and he feels great. If I eat a handful of french fries, I feel run down for the rest of the day.

She's now down for a nap. She's a little more aware of things lately. She is starting to look around and make faces at things. She loves crossing her eyes and sticking her tongue out.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 08:15:13 pm »

Queen Mary got the name Bloody Mary because of the way she handled the Protestant/Catholic conflict that was going on in the country at that time. She was ardent Catholic, as was her mother, but her father broke with the Church in order to be able to divorce said woman in order to marry again and have a chance at a son. His second wife, Anne Boleyn, was his choice to have said child and when Elizabeth was born instead, well, we know what happened to her.

Senko, sounds like your girl has one heck of a personality already! I can actually imagine her becoming a good artist when she's older because they always seem to develop character early and from the sound of it, she's well on her way towards it!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:59 pm »

Congratulations on the new child! A beautiful girl with a beautiful name! Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 03:40:29 pm »

Cheesy Aww! What a sweetie! She's so cute. And what an adorable name. Congrats!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 04:49:41 pm »

"Actually miriam, scientifically speaking, it's the man's sperm that determines the gender of the baby"

LOL, I do know how it works, I was joking.
As an aside, I did hear that the female sperm are faster swimmers but die first so if you're very clever, know your cycle and do things at the right time you can stand a good chance of getting the sex of your choice.  I found this out well after my last pregnancy. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: