Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:26:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WA not loading  (Read 3590 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexi9803

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:01:20 pm »

ok so i had a problem with just the base game of sims 3 and it would just crash in the loading screen so i thought maybe i needed to get world adventures to update the game so it is now 2.3 or something but now the problem is that when it gets to the loading screen, it just wont load. i have no downloads or mods or anything...well i do have the helper monkey from mts2 but i havent used it yet. i dont know if this has anything to do with it but whenever i open the sims 3 launcher it says "unable to connect to ea download manager" so is there anyway to do this? or is there any other reason this may be happening? thanks in advance!!! Grin
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:13:05 pm »

lexi9803 try the Sims 3 disk,the Sims 3 game might Load
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:02:36 pm »

i just tried that and it said "disk not found. please insert the sims 3 World Adventures" so i did and...the same problem Sad
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:06:25 am »

Try using just the game exe and avoid the Launcher. I try to avoid the Launcher unless I actually need to install something. Not using the Launcher should get around the need to connect to the EADM.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 12:51:22 pm »

how do i run the game exe?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 02:59:04 pm »

XP users:

1. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin

For Vista and Windows 7, the location will be your main directory. I don't know the exact location but they should be similar. Just as long as you can navigate to the Bin folder in the main Sims 3 World Adventures directory.

2. Look for a file called TS3EP01. Make a desktop shortcut on that file by right-clicking on it and then choosing Send To (Create a desktop shortcut).

That is the workaround to using the launcher to start up the game.

I also use Pescado's 3booter, a nifty little program also available from MATY, to start up the game too. The shortcut method is the same for this particular file because this one will start the game instead of TSEP01. You might want to look at 3booter to see if this will solve the problem for you starting up the game.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Tawreos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 02:23:34 pm »

XP users:

1. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin

For Vista and Windows 7, the location will be your main directory. I don't know the exact location but they should be similar. Just as long as you can navigate to the Bin folder in the main Sims 3 World Adventures directory.

2. Look for a file called TS3EP01. Make a desktop shortcut on that file by right-clicking on it and then choosing Send To (Create a desktop shortcut).

That is the workaround to using the launcher to start up the game.

I also use Pescado's 3booter, a nifty little program also available from MATY, to start up the game too. The shortcut method is the same for this particular file because this one will start the game instead of TSEP01. You might want to look at 3booter to see if this will solve the problem for you starting up the game.

I tried this as my world adventures will also not start, but all I get is the opening movie and then it cuts to the desktop.  Am I doing something wrong?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 05:27:28 pm »

You need to double-click on this file that will start up the game without going through the launcher:

TS3EP01

Make sure it's the blue picture, not the orange picture labeled "Icon" in the text box when you hover over it with your mouse. You can create a desktop shortcut with that one so you don't have to navigate to the folder every time to start the game up.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: